IGNORED

I hate it when...

Aguirre
Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is a pet peeve of mine as well, I can't stand that.   I know they are generally trying to be supportive but when the ball is headed for the trees, it's not a nice drive.

Look, I am just trying to be appreciative of the fact that you finally made contact with the ball after the first two whiffs! LOL! Just kidding.. just kidding...

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I walk up to a:

- green with dozens of unrepaired ball marks

- unraked or rocky sandtrap

- tee box or green with butts and seed shells everywhere

- wasteland of divots and loose beaver pelts

I find it a waste of time to much care about other players' quirks etc, unless super slow play (unnecessarily).  And if we are pacing the group in front of us....go ahead and take all the practice swings/setup you like, tell your stories, whatever - as long as we are keeping up.  I'm a grown up, I can tune you out or listen as I like.

Bill - 

People who make me smile..

SV 4: Cheaters, sandbaggers - I will say something at some point (immediately if I am

competing with them) and will probably be the last round with them.

EDIT: Completely forgot the a**holes who hit into other in front of them to send a message. Slow play: bad. Hitting into other to 'help' them speed up - dangerous!!

SV 3: Jerks who make you feel below them, ultra slow players who behave as if they are

taking only their own time, players who get extremely mad at bad shots and make

everybody else miserable - Have a little respect for others and how hard the game

is and shut the eff up.

SV 2: Whiners - general milder whining..

SV 1: Vanity cappers - well these folks are just flat out amusing....

I have backed off from making 'encouraging' comments to other people's games when they are miserable after realizing that to them it comes off as patronizing and only makes them madder. You know you sucked, I know you sucked, the poor squirrel you almost killed knows you sucked, then why ruin the glorious self-deprecating moment by saying anything nice, or anything at all?

Vishal S.

Just remembered my most hated thing, hit a brand new ball in the water or something. I don't really believe in the whole use an old ball if there is danger and all because I feel like it makes you hit the ball worse or actually into that danger but when I take out a new ball and immediately hit it in water or something just makes me wanna cry

I hate crowded courses with slow play. Not because I don't like waiting to take my shot but because I hate the group behind me watching me. Tee shots are a definite weakness to my game so when there's another group at the tee box I end up taking some slow or abbreviated swing with my driver out of fear of completely shanking it, and plop it out there at a nice 175 or so.

I hate a few things... 1. Slow players that dont let me pass 2. Slow players that drive, walk to their ball 150 yards out, and wave me through to drive assuming i wont hit them

Driver - Ping G15 12 Degree Loft
3W - Ping G10
3 Hyrbrid - Ping G15
4-PW - Taylormade Burner 2.0
Putter - Ping Anser 2

My swing (help is much appreciated) - http://thesandtrap.com/t/80964/my-swing-logo

I hate fishermen. Those that search for balls in ponds for 10 minutes even when they hit their ball awhile ago.

Go buy some instead and let me play!

I zone most the things out when I'm playing....

But what drives me nuts is when the starter pushes back your tee time so he can accommodate his friends/skins group... Seems to happen to me all the time.

I also hate slow players who won't let you past, but I think most of them are just plain oblivious. They don't realize how slow they are, and never look ahead or behind. They probably thinks there is supposed to be a group waiting in the fairway when they are fooling around on the green. Worse are the groups that are fooling around on the tee box with nobody in site on the fairway, with another group sitting in their carts on the back side of the tee box watching them.

But, I had a case where a group tried to keep us from passing. I go on a trip to Florida most every winder, and we play 36 holes a day for the 4-5 days we are there. We get the first tee time of the day (mostly), play 18, eat lunch, then get in another 18 before it gets dark early. We play pretty fast, so we can play through without too much of a hold up if we catch the next group right.

We came up on a slow group on the back nine of our second round who stopped us dead. The sun was going down, and if we didn't pass this group we wouldn't finish. We kept waving at them but they would never turn around and look at us. When a couple of groups backed up behind us as we waited on tee box, we finally decided to just pass the group while they were on the green and skip the hole. We drove up the cart path, and a guy runs off of the green and blocks us, yelling at us they we can't pass them and that we would then hold them up. His group was still putting as he was trying to get in front of 2 carts. We had to dodge around him. He said he was going to call the Marshall on us. (Marshall, what Marshall?). Couldn't believe it.

Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!