IGNORED

Hey all

CoachB25
Note: This thread is 3114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just signed up and so, a little info on CoachB25.  First, I post a lot on softball and baseball websites and am either CoachB25 or Cannonball in case anyone has a question as to whether I am the same person.

I coach high school girl's golf and so, am interested in reading thoughts on the game in order to help me improve my coaching.  I am not a "swing coach" but am the only resource my players have.  I have coached Girl's Golf for 10 years and have yet to get a player that has played the game before they tried out for my golf team.  Still, every year I tend to get two players out to sectional play and every once in a while get one out to state.  My players seem to improve so much in their time with me and it is totally because they are hard chargers.  This year, we started out with 8 players.  One had to quit because her father would not let her ride to the course with teenage drivers.  We have to drive 13 miles to our closest course.  Two are also cheerleaders and so, hit heads on a flip and got concussions that ended their seasons.  One tore her rotator cuff playing pickup soccer.  So, we finished the year with only 4 golfers.  Still, we went 18-6 on the year. Two of my golfers made it to sectionals and one will play this weekend at state.  To put that into perspective, we played 4 golfers against 6 for 3/4ths of the year.  My player that made it to state is only one of 2 players south of Springfield, Il to make it to AA State as individuals.  Anyway, I'm here to learn so I can help my players.  I can't wait to dig in to some of the threads to see what is there.

Take care,

Darrell

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

Welcome!

Enjoy the site, hope you stick around and pick up a few things to help your team.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST, your at a great place for researching almost any criteria pertaining to the great game of golf.

Some suggestions on coaching material, a great read would be practice ratios, proper putting practice,

or even check out Erik's book "lowest score wins"

For early level golfers, my thoughts would be creating enthusiasm to practice, especially having an open mind to creativity of play the game offers.

Keep an eye out for times when they are struggling and offer encouragement often. 

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Welcome to TST.  A buddy of mine plays recreational baseball and is known for hitting it out of the park.  Unfortunately, he's also known for this on the golf course.  Hopefully you can coach your softball team, but not the golf team, to achieve this (and both to success).

The girl who tore her rotator cuff playing pickup soccer:  have her teammates nicknamed her Rory?

Edited by Shindig

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Welcome to TST!  Glad to have onboard.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Welcome to TST.  A buddy of mine plays recreational baseball and is known for hitting it out of the park.  Unfortunately, he's also known for this on the golf course.  Hopefully you can coach your softball team, but not the golf team, to achieve this (and both to success).

The girl who tore her rotator cuff playing pickup soccer:  have her teammates nicknamed her Rory?

Fortunately, I was able to be a Head Coach to my daughter in both Girl's Golf and Softball.  She could hit out of the park in softball (Hit 50 in her collegiate career) and could drive a ball great distances (Drove several greens in high school play).  Unfortunately, the rotator cuff player may be done with golf.  She is trying to recover but says that swinging a club is really painful.  I am hoping that time and rehab will bring her back. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

Note: This thread is 3114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!