IGNORED

PING Launches All New G Woods and G Irons for 2016

Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bubba just posted on Twitter with the new Ping G driver. Looks like more information coming out Monday.

Have read will be launched in January at PGA show and released to public in February.

Added: 1-11-16

5693cecc94d3e_ScreenShot2016-01-11at7.475693cecaba83c_ScreenShot2016-01-11at7.47

G Drivers (Standard, LS Tec, SF Tec)

A close-up photograph of a dragonfly taken by Solheim was the inspiration for the primary innovation in the driver. Solheim was intrigued by the wing structure and shared the photo with a group of engineers. Inspired by biomimicry, an approach to innovation that emulates nature’s time-tested patterns, they created Dragonfly Technology. The complex exoskeleton design yields PING’s thinnest (0.43 mm) and lightest crown to date, saving eight grams while creating an intricate and stable structure. The weight savings helped drive the center of gravity lower and deeper than any PING driver, increasing dynamic loft and elevating MOI significantly for maximizing distance and forgiveness. 

Researchers also studied the base flaps that minimize large-scale vortex shedding behind
18-wheel semi-trailers and integrated their learnings into the G drivers to improve 
aerodynamics and increase speed. Vortec Technology on the back of the club and 
turbulators on the crown contribute to reducing drag 37% in the impact zone, yielding greater 
clubhead speed and ball velocity for measurable distance gains from all swing speeds. The 
variable-thickness T9S face has a high strength-to-weight ratio, allowing for a thin face to 
increase ball speed. 

Golfers can optimize launch conditions prior to a round by adjusting loft up to +/- 1º with five settings utilizing a lightweight, aerodynamically efficient and high-strength 7075 aluminum hosel sleeve. 

The G SF Tec driver is custom-engineered with weight closer to the heel to produce a right-to-left shot bend (for right-handed golfers) and steer the ball back into the fairway. The G LS Tec driver features a CG that is extremely low (slightly forward of the standard G driver), for the player who desires low, stable spin with forgiveness. 

- Lofts 9° & 10.5° in standard and LS Tec heads, 10° & 12° in SF Tec head. Lofts adjustable +/- 0.6° or 1°.

- Std. Length 45.75", D3, 206g (standard), D4, 207.5g (LS Tec), D1, 203g (SF Tec), 460cc

- Stock graphite shaft: PING Alta 55 (SR, R, S, X); Optional PING shafts ($30 upcharge): Std. length 45.25": Tour 65 & Tour 80 (R, S, X).

• Upvote 1

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Yeah no G35, PING is just going with G, like they're doing with the new i irons. New G driver will have the same lofts/versions as today's models, same adjustability, turbulators on top, visible dragonfly technology (like the original Rapture). Weight is suppose to be lower and further back than G30.

Irons are suppose to be somewhere in between iE1 irons and the G30 irons. Same lofts as G30s, but with the COR-Eye tech and same heat treatment as GMAX. Ferrules included.

568a0e2cae4fe_ScreenShot2016-01-03at10.1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• mvmac changed the title to 2016 PING G Driver
26 minutes ago, mvmac said:
Yeah no G35, PING is just going with G, like they're doing with the new i irons. New G driver will have the same lofts/versions as today's models, same adjustability, turbulators on top, visible dragonfly technology (like the original Rapture). Weight is suppose to be lower and further back than G30.

Irons are suppose to be somewhere in between iE1 irons and the G30 irons. Same lofts as G30s, but with the COR-Eye tech and same heat treatment as GMAX. Ferrules included.

568a0e2cae4fe_ScreenShot2016-01-03at10.1

Hmm, I'd be curious to see if there's much difference between the G30 and this club. Since the turbulators went well I wonder if they went for a potentially more extreme, and effective, design of turbulator for this club? At the very least I am interested in looking at the low spin version of the club, since the low spin G30 was released about two weeks after I bought my G30 (much to my chagrin, since my only complaint about the club was the spin). 

If it works out well for me, I just hope it uses the same hosel adapter. If so I'll be able to plop my BiMatrix directly into this new club (assuming I like it/it is an improvement), rather than needing a new adapter.

6 hours ago, mvmac said:

So more like the Ping Anser maybe? Unless they are able to take weight from other areas in the club. 

I read that they filed a patent for some pretty advanced tech, 
http://www.patentsencyclopedia.com/app/20150360095

The might be doing something with their clubface.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 hours ago, Pretzel said:

If it works out well for me, I just hope it uses the same hosel adapter. If so I'll be able to plop my BiMatrix directly into this new club (assuming I like it/it is an improvement), rather than needing a new adapter.

I have read elsewhere that this will be the case.

15 hours ago, saevel25 said:

So more like the Ping Anser maybe? Unless they are able to take weight from other areas in the club. 

I read that they filed a patent for some pretty advanced tech, 
http://www.patentsencyclopedia.com/app/20150360095

The might be doing something with their clubface.

I am interested to see more about this driver. Will be looking to replace my i20 this year, and want to try the M1 and the new Cobra stuff, and now this will be on my list too. I tried to read some of your link regarding the patent application @saevel25...kudos to anyone who can get through and understand that stuff. I made it through the Abstract and Claim 1 :-O

On January 4, 2016 at 9:21 PM, gogolfing said:

Bubba just posted on Twitter with the new Ping G driver. Looks like more information coming out Monday.

Have read will be launched in January at PGA show and released to public in February.

Looks badass. Side note, I just played that course in October and it is awesome. 

17 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Will be the same sized/shaped head as the G30 with the three CG/spin versions: standard, SF Tec and LS Tec.

Mike McLoughlin

On 1/4/2016 at 1:18 AM, mvmac said:

Well they're boxing themselves in for names on the next wave of products. Maybe a letter only system? Will we be seeing an H driver in two years? These are the questions I'm dying to know. :-D

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Will Ping allow us to get any color combination we want :-D

I can see where they are saving weight.  I like the look. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Interesting aero look. Looking forward to more tech news, and after reviews, whether people think it is worth going to the G if they have the G30. I also wonder if they lightened it up. 

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Ping may have finally made something uglier than the old Zings!

:-D

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

8 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I also wonder if they lightened it up. 

I'm guessing the overall weight is the same, just moved low and back.

7 hours ago, David in FL said:

Ping may have finally made something uglier than the old Zings!

Ha, we'll have to see. I was skeptical about the turbulators with the G30 but when I saw it in person they quickly grew in me.

Mike McLoughlin

I think the guy did some customization with the paint fill on the sole.

Mike McLoughlin

36 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I think the guy did some customization with the paint fill on the sole

It would be pretty spiffy if Ping let you do some color options :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

On 1/5/2016 at 1:51 AM, SavvySwede said:

Well they're boxing themselves in for names on the next wave of products. Maybe a letter only system? Will we be seeing an H driver in two years? These are the questions I'm dying to know. :-D

That's a 2-years-from-now problem, haha. We all thought Callaway would stick with their nice 8-- numbering scheme before they muddied it with Great Big Bertha and the BBDBD 816. Now they're slapping a 16 on XR, but I'd put down money that there won't be an XR 17. I've stopped trying to expect any sort of naming consistency from OEMs!

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!