or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Launch Monitor for Practice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Launch Monitor for Practice

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

I am seriously considering getting a launch monitor for practice.  The winter is long in Michigan.  I have a return net and a nice mat I would just like to "see ball flight" and spin rates and all that.  The Vector Pro appears to be a good unit at the best price.  I also like the golf achiever unit but it is twice the price.  Does anyone know of other units I should look at?  This will be used exclusively indoors.  I'd like to have the option of simulated play but the price climbs rapidly for those units.

 

Any help is appreciated.

 

Bill

post #2 of 9

Not 100% sure it is shipping (or the accuracy) http://gsagolf.com/LXSetup.html . Company really needs a website redesign to be taken seriously

 

 http://fsxi.myflightscope.com/ is a little more money (and may require more ball flight than you have room for)

 

Personally I am holding out for the gc3 (You know the imaginary model that updates teh several year old gc2 at half the price). The rest either require more space than I have, too expensive, or the company is a bit too sketchy. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecup View Post

I am seriously considering getting a launch monitor for practice.  The winter is long in Michigan.  I have a return net and a nice mat I would just like to "see ball flight" and spin rates and all that.  The Vector Pro appears to be a good unit at the best price.  I also like the golf achiever unit but it is twice the price.  Does anyone know of other units I should look at?  This will be used exclusively indoors.  I'd like to have the option of simulated play but the price climbs rapidly for those units.

 

Any help is appreciated.

 

Bill

post #3 of 9
post #4 of 9

I would wait until after the PGA show and see how the FlightScope Xi stacks up.

post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

I would wait until after the PGA show and see how the FlightScope Xi stacks up.

Good advice.

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

I would wait until after the PGA show and see how the FlightScope Xi stacks up.


Did not know that that exists.  Thanks I will keep an eye out for it.  The ball flight of 10 feet might be a challenge. This unit also needs to be behind the player by a bit.  Not a problem for me but may be for others.  With that said this unit projected price is twice that of the Vector Pro if you get a refurb unit.

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 

I pulled the trigger on a used Vector Pro.  In is the version before Microlens but it is a dedicated setup and should be fine.  I can always have it updated to the Microlens and newer software for $500.  I got a pretty good price so I don't think I can really get hurt.  

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecup View Post

I pulled the trigger on a used Vector Pro.  In is the version before Microlens but it is a dedicated setup and should be fine.  I can always have it updated to the Microlens and newer software for $500.  I got a pretty good price so I don't think I can really get hurt.  

Let us know how it goes.  Maybe post a vid of it in action.

post #9 of 9

In the tech specs page - http://flightscope.com/products/flightscope-xi/tech-specs/ - what is Lateral Deviation?

 

Based on what I've read and I'm not sure of the accuracy, but if you want path, face, aoa, spin, etc... that's the next model up which is upwards of 10k?

 

Also, not sure how accurate this is, but the Xi model measures more than it displays - what's preventing someone from hacking more info out of the unit?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Launch Monitor for Practice