or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › So how would you rate Tiger Wood's teaching chops? Video of him teaching.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So how would you rate Tiger Wood's teaching chops? Video of him teaching.

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Granted, the pause for translation slows things down a little.

 

post #2 of 17

Based on yesterday's results with the driver, Tiger needs to teach Tiger (arms closer to body at impact).

 

His teaching style seems akin to Hank Haney meets Sean Foley - Frankensteinian - but Tiger tugs at the club instead of Hank tugging the body. The words seem more Foley-like. Hank doesn't say much - his is a mute technique.

 

I would have like to hear more about the right elbow, and flexion and extension ... or an example instead of words. It seems Tiger doesn't want the lead arm hugging the body on the backswing, but wants it to hug the body at impact ... he likes the Haney-like space triangle on the backswing - not good in my less than esteemed opinion.

 

I wouldn't sign Tiger up as my instructor.

post #3 of 17

i would die if i got that close to tigs.

post #4 of 17

@ 5:31... Ooohhhhhooooaaa

 

a3_biggrin.gif

post #5 of 17

I would, however, love to learn his mental approach to the game.  

post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

i would die if i got that close to tigs.

Lol. He soooo dreamy.
post #7 of 17
He seems to know a little bit about the swing. Not bad. But his Korean needs some work.
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by onephenom View Post

He seems to know a little bit about the swing. Not bad. But his Korean needs some work.

 

 

Hahahaha nice.

post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Lol. He soooo dreamy.


Yeah, my wife worries sometimes about my man-crush.
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post


Yeah, my wife worries sometimes about my man-crush.

Well, if you whisper his name while you're having sex with her ... then you've got problems.

 

Wear a gag....

post #11 of 17
Ha! Come on, you know married men don't have sex...lol, jk!!
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Ha! Come on, you know married men don't have sex...lol, jk!!

I had plenty until she reached menopause. Then the divorce occurred. 

 

Timing is everything.

post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

I had plenty until she reached menopause. Then the divorce occurred. 

Timing is everything.

b1_ohmy.gifa3_biggrin.gifa2_wink.gif
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

I would, however, love to learn his mental approach to the game.  


3 blondes the night before, wham bam, your on the leader board.

post #15 of 17

Worked on Key #4. Looked decent, frankly. I think he's learned more about the golf swing in the last few years than any big block of years before.

post #16 of 17
Hey Erik, what did you think of the analysis of Tiger that Stretch posted in the "What did you learn from this weeks winner" Thread?
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Hey Erik, what did you think of the analysis of Tiger that Stretch posted in the "What did you learn from this weeks winner" Thread?

 

I haven't gotten to that thread yet. I like it though so I am likely to respond.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › So how would you rate Tiger Wood's teaching chops? Video of him teaching.