or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Rory McIlroy is quitzies (breaks engagement) with Caroline Wozniacki....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rory McIlroy is quitzies (breaks engagement) with Caroline Wozniacki....

post #1 of 85
Thread Starter 

Seems a little silly to me to make a big deal out of him continuing to "work" for a living after a break up. I don't recall calling in sick to work, I may have done a half assed job for a week or two but it was usually a good distraction....

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/27501381

 

My apologies if this is being discussed in another thread...

post #2 of 85

interesting - they're too young ... probably for the best for each of them

post #3 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 

Seems a little silly to me to make a big deal out of him continuing to "work" for a living after a break up. I don't recall calling in sick to work, I may have done a half assed job for a week or two but it was usually a good distraction....

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/27501381

 

My apologies if this is being discussed in another thread...

Who made a, "big deal out of him continuing to "work" for a living after a break up?" Didn't see that in the article... 

post #4 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post
 

interesting - they're too young ... probably for the best for each of them

I don't think they're too young, in terms of age. They may be too young in terms of maturity in the "real world". Rory has great composure on the course and appears to be very professional, but none of us know how he is off the course and how much of "real life" he has experienced beyond the ropes.

Maybe Rory felt he simply wasn't ready for this type of commitment when weighing the potential consequences that it could have on his, what seems to be, promising career. Maybe he had to make a selfish and entitled decision to withdraw himself from her so that he could continue focusing on golf as much as he possibly can. It's like the star QB in HS who starts getting "too serious" with his chick. He starts losing a little bit of focus and determination, perhaps missing some opportunities to put in extra practice, etc. because his lady is eating into that schedule.

On the flip-side, maybe Yoda (Tiger) called him up and said "Dude, I just got your wedding invitation. We need to talk... sit down and let me tell you about this crazy ass time that I had with a Denny's waitress one night after The Player's Championship.." Rory's mind was blown and he realized he could have all of that with no consequences. Now he's listening to Sweet Caroline in a bar with 7 girls, bloodshot eyes, smoking cigars and smelling of Jägerbombs and Lovespell.

Who the hell knows? 

post #5 of 85

Meh... girls come and girls go. When I was that age I had a new girlfriend every week. Let the boy explore "other opportunities" before settling  down and getting married for the next 40 years.

post #6 of 85

Probably best to contemplate "what marriage entails" before sending out the wedding invitations.

 

I got married at 25. If I did have any thoughts about looking for an escape hatch prior to the big day, they were probably laid to rest by thinking about my fiancee's father - a retired NCO of the US Marine Corps. Spending the rest of my life with someone like the guy out of Full Metal Jacket hunting for me didn't appeal.

post #7 of 85

im not a fan of marriage for almost anyone who is young and publicly wealthy.  do what Derek Jeter does. 

post #8 of 85
Its probably nike's fault.
post #9 of 85

If you are a "5" and your girlfriend is a "9" then the relationship is always going to be a distraction.  It's a lot of maintenance and worry to keep that going whether he consciously realizes it or not.

post #10 of 85
I think this a good move for Rory. For some reason I have suspected this relationship has been at least partly behind some of his struggles of late.
post #11 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2Trees View Post

If you are a "5" and your girlfriend is a "9" then the relationship is always going to be a distraction.  It's a lot of maintenance and worry to keep that going whether he consciously realizes it or not.
Or you embrace it the way Jason Duffner does. But this is probably the best for Rory. He seems like a sensitive kid. Like someone above said he needs to go to Jeter camp!
post #12 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2Trees View Post
 

If you are a "5" and your girlfriend is a "9" then the relationship is always going to be a distraction.  It's a lot of maintenance and worry to keep that going whether he consciously realizes it or not.

 

Who said she's a 9? I think thats a little bit high ranking for Caroline, more like a 7. Rory can get 10s all day long with his money, its weather or not the 10s have any brains or not.

post #13 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley01 View Post
 

 

Who said she's a 9? I think thats a little bit high ranking for Caroline, more like a 7. Rory can get 10s all day long with his money, its weather or not the 10s have any brains or not.


Let's just say I was being generous for the both of them.  Hopefully he doesn't respond by lavishing his riches on some random 10 thinking it will get him a lifelong commitment. 

post #14 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2Trees View Post
 


Let's just say I was being generous for the both of them.  Hopefully he doesn't respond by lavishing his riches on some random 10 thinking it will get him a lifelong commitment. 

 

 

yeah, i would rank them as a 2 and a 7.  that little leprechaun is one ugly mofo.

post #15 of 85
This explains a great deal about why he has been struggling so much lately.
post #16 of 85

I married my high school sweetheart at age 19, still married to her and doing fine...my golf game however.......

post #17 of 85
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENtSwing32 View Post
 

Who made a, "big deal out of him continuing to "work" for a living after a break up?" Didn't see that in the article... 


The golf channel was acting all amazed that he decided to play in the emotional state he was in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post
 

im not a fan of marriage for almost anyone who is young and publicly wealthy.  do what Derek Jeter does. 

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post
 

interesting - they're too young ... probably for the best for each of them

They are too young and busy. She isn't just going to sit around and have kids.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Parker View Post
 

I married my high school sweetheart at age 19, still married to her and doing fine...my golf game however.......

 

He dumped his high school sweet heart.

post #18 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchepp View Post

This explains a great deal about why he has been struggling so much lately.

4 top ten's in his last 4 tournaments....
 

Golfer's would kill for those "struggles."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Rory McIlroy is quitzies (breaks engagement) with Caroline Wozniacki....