It's Monday, start of a new week and start of me losing my weight. So I'm pumped to get started.
Fate decides to play its tricks on me today as I walk into work there are cupcakes in the kitchenette area. That is just cruel. I am proud of myself, I resisted the cupcakes. Here is a summary of my day.
- 3 eggs scrambled = 286 (22 fat, 20 protein)
- 3 slices turkey bacon = 90 calories (5 fat, 18 protein)
- 1 bagel w/ cream cheese = 330 (47 carbs, 9 fat, 10 protein)
- Medium Coffee = 70 (15 carbs, 2 fat, 1 protein)
- Cheeseburger, 1/3rd lb ground beef w/ cheddar cheese = 620 calories (29 carbs, 34 fat, 48 protein)
- Chipotle double chicken bowl = 950 calories (94 carbs, 30 fat, 80.5 protein)
- Pumpkin Chai Ale = 185 calories (16 carbs, 6.5% Alc)
Total - 2531 (200 carbs, 102 Fat, 177 protein)
I was a little heavy on the carbs and fat and not enough on the protein. Not bad for the first day. I can probably cut back if I didn't do the rice in the Chipotle bowl. Also, the beer was probably not helping. It was my last one in the fridge. I could probably ditch the bagel as well.
Today I did 35 minutes of working out with 15 minutes of stretching. I found my legs are not really use to running anymore. My left shin and right calf were not very happy with me. I ended up doing mostly walking up an incline. Got to build back up to what I was able to do previously.
Treadmill: 20 minutes, interval of running and walking on an increasing incline.
Circuit Weight Lifting for 15 minutes
- Body Weight Squats, 25 w/ 30 second hold on the last
- 40 lb straight leg dead lift
- 90 lb pull down
- 25 lb each hand dumbbell chest press
- 20 lbs each arm shoulder raise
- 1 minute plank, 45 second side planks
- Side, Forward & Back leg lifts
15 minutes of stretching. I typically just start with the legs and work my way up.
Seated Groin Stretch
Hamstring Stretch leg straight ahead
Quad stretch lying down
Piriformis muscle stretch
Hip flexor and groin stretch
Outer Thigh Stretch
It's hard to estimate how many calories I burned. The treadmill had me at 220 calories and the circuit stuff probably added another 70. I would say somewhere around 300 is a good estimated. Compared to sitting at a desk which probably burns 70 calories in that 45 minutes.
Then after work I went and played 7 holes, I skipped two because I would be stuck behind two groups and darkness is now making it harder to even fit 9 holes in. I probably burned like 200 calories.
Probably around a 325 more calories burned compared to a normal time of sitting around.
From the entry blog I had a sedentary calorie limit of 3220 + 325 = 3545 calories - 2530 = 1000 calorie deficit