iacas

2019 ANWA - Augusta National Women's Amateur

79 posts / 4206 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I have to admit, I’m a little disappointed to see this event.  

It’s hard to explain, but one aspect I’ve always enjoyed about The Masters is seeing the course revealed for the first time that week.

On the other hand, I’m ordinarily bored me to tears by women’s golf, but it’ll be interesting to see how the ladies play there.  I hope the greens aren’t toned down too much for them...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, David in FL said:

It’s hard to explain, but one aspect I’ve always enjoyed about The Masters is seeing the course revealed for the first time that week.

Why?

I mean that only because it's the course that changes the least year to year. Conditions are always pretty much perfect. They might change a hole now and then, but you can't really even tell that on TV because they still look perfect and like they've been there for a decade.

In other words, watching any replays or highlights from 2018 or 2014 or whatever… "reveals" the course to you whenever you want to see it.

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why?

I mean that only because it's the course that changes the least year to year. Conditions are always pretty much perfect. They might change a hole now and then, but you can't really even tell that on TV because they still look perfect and like they've been there for a decade.

In other words, watching any replays or highlights from 2018 or 2014 or whatever… "reveals" the course to you whenever you want to see it.

I know.  I said it was hard to explain...

My issue is just the whole idea of lettin a bunch of broads out there to screw around at the most iconic US course right before the Masters.

6 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

My issue is just the whole idea of lettin a bunch of broads out there to screw around at the most iconic US course right before the Masters.

We're going to assume you're trying to be funny.

Because otherwise, grow up.

58 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I know.  I said it was hard to explain...

They will play a course that I am unfamiliar with.

Come on @iacas , you really think there is more than .1% chance @3jacker is serious here?

Love to see some footage of this tournament. Dutch longhitster Anne van Dam is playing. The only Dutch woman on the tour this year. Rooting for her :dance:

Just now, MacDutch said:

Come on @iacas , you really think there is more than .1% chance @3jacker is serious here?

Absolutely. There are a lot of jackasses out there, and as the father of a daughter, I've seen a good bit of it through her eyes.

2 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Love to see some footage of this tournament. Dutch longhitster Anne van Dam is playing. The only Dutch woman on the tour this year. Rooting for her :dance:

The professional golfer Anne van Dam is playing? No, she isn't. It's an amateur event.

Final round broadcast Saturday on NBC. I thought it was going to start Friday and go 3 consecutive days but it starts tomorrow with a break day on Friday.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.53.52 AM.png

I like the logo.

Haha, so this is a thread about an amateur event? Sorry, Anne is playing the first LPGA major this weekend. Got confused.

I think it will be interesting to watch because they are basically playing from the members tees around 6300 yards, so it will be similar to the distances that we would play if we were ever so lucky.

44 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Wait, they play on another course the first two rounds?

Well i would hope they at least get to practice at Augusta then. Thats pretty shitty to have them play one course the first two rounds then put them on a course they've never seen before in the final round. Augusta National or not. 

19 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Well i would hope they at least get to practice at Augusta then. Thats pretty shitty to have them play one course the first two rounds then put them on a course they've never seen before in the final round. Augusta National or not. 

According to piece in official website, everyone plays Augusta on Friday, including those who missed the cut. 

I thought the practice round was Saturday, but yes two rounds of competition at different course, one day practice round for entire field, top 30 make cut and then play final round next day.

Edited by gbogey

I would be excited to go and watch this event; because I'm about 20 years into losing the annual Masters lottery.

A disappointment unlike any other {insert price is right loser horn}