IGNORED

Shoes With Really Flexible Soles

Note: This thread is 1780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would like to buy new shoes. My feet hurt in anything that does't have a really flexible sole.  I don't even try on shoes that I can't bend easily with my hands. Usually this leads towards the athletic looking shoe instead of the traditional look. A lot of them tend to have mesh tops it seems. I care more about comfort than I do looks. I think I want to try spikeless, but again comfort is most important.  I usually play hilly courses and I wonder how spikeless shoes do on hills. I am a less than once a week golfer who would probably choose to stay home if it looks like rain.

Today I tried on Nike Roshe G and FootJoy Flex shoes.  The Nike's didn't have much arch support and allowed my feet to tilt inward, which felt weird and I wonder about long term comfort. Are there any pros/cons to having your feet tilt inward?  The FJ Flex were pretty comfortable, but they don't look like they would have as much traction as the Nikes. I couldn't find the New Balance Breeze locally to try on. Dick's and Dunhams are the only sporting goods stores near me and I haven't looked at the course proshop yet. 

Any suggestions?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

War Eagle!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

any of the Truelinks shoes, 

https://truelinkswear.com/shop/all-shoes/

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I wear sandals.  There are lots of them out there and some are like walking around in painted feet.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

How about just a good pair of running shoes?

I wear golf shoes for traction and stability.  But if you take stability out of the equation, you have a bunch of non-golf specific options that are available to you.  Many less expensive too...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I tried on some of my son's baseball turf cleats and while they were a little small, they felt like they would be comfortable in the right size and lool like they would provide as much traction as any spikeless golf shoes.

War Eagle!

3 hours ago, The Flush said:

I tried on some of my son's baseball turf cleats and while they were a little small, they felt like they would be comfortable in the right size and lool like they would provide as much traction as any spikeless golf shoes.

Brooks makes trail running shoes that work for golf. I have a pair and use them in dry conditions at times.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have tried on just about every shoe available locally (which is a bit limited), but I can't find anything that feels right.  A friend who I golfed with recently really likes a pair of Pumas that Dick's only has online (or at least not at my local store) that I am going try out.  The fact that Dicks will take returns locally for shoes bought online limits my risk, plus I had a $15 off coupon to use.  We will see how they feel in a week or so.

War Eagle!

I wear New Balance...they have a wider toe box than most of the other shoes, are light, water proof (because of the heat in SE Louisiana I play early morning and they have to be water proof because of all the dew on the ground) and just fit me better.

I take the innersole out that comes in the shoe and replace with a good quality innersole.  Get a good innersole and do not be afraid to spend a little bit on them because they really make a difference in the comfort of your feet...

Also, wear good socks.

Edited by Osnola

I finally received the PUMA Men's GRIP FUSION Golf Shoes in black I ordered from DSG for $65 (with coupon).  These feel like they will be quite comfortable and are what I was looking for. I can't wait to try them out on the course.

I can't say the free shipping from DSG was great. A day after I ordered my shoes, I ordered a pair of Adidas for my son from Amazon and I received his shoes, sent them back, and received the replacement pair a day before I received my shoes. Prime has me spoiled.

War Eagle!

My last two pairs of golf shoes have been adidas. However I also play and have played multiple rounds in trail running asics or cross training nike shoes. If you look at the bottom of the shoe and there's good traction, they won't affect your golf game. If you want completely waterproof shoes, that is the biggest factor in the decision because the waterproof shoes are usually more expensive and have reduced breathability. 

After a couple rounds I will say that I am very pleased with the Puma Grip Fusion shoes as far as comfort and traction are concerned. I haven't played in very wet conditions yet, but my feet were dry after a hole of light rain and one time looking for a ball in muddy area.  So far I highly recommend them.

War Eagle!

Note: This thread is 1780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!