IGNORED

Most Golf Courses Played

Robert R Ramsay
Note: This thread is 1333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My name is Robert Ramsay. I am a travel nurse and have traveled the country for 20 years and have played over 1,800 different golf courses of all types. Sand green courses, carpeted tee and green courses prairie courses, links, mountain, desert, ocean, muni, you name it. 18 holes, 9 holes, and even a 7 hole course. You played the last 2 holes twice. I am 63 years old and retire in a couple of years . I average around 100 different courses a year. My goal is to be the most prolific golfer in history. I have all my score cards from these courses. There are about 50 courses in Maine I played before traveling and I don't have these cards and they are not included in the 1,800. I plan to keep traveling when retired and will then be able to play more. 3,200 or so is the record, I think and I should easily be able to break that record. Just have to stay healthy. PM me to see if I have played in your town.   Later, RRRamsay

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Welcome to TST.    Quite an accomplishment to play so many courses.

Thanks. When I retire and I have the time, I am going to add up all the yardage of all the courses and just see how far it is. I try to walk but because of heat or terrain , I ride. Each card states whether I rode or walked.

• iacas changed the title to Most Golf Courses Played

Welcome to a TST!   :beer:

That’s a LOT of courses!  I don’t know that your total number of rounds qualifies as all that prolific, but I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head who has played that many individual courses.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Welcome to a TST!   :beer:

That’s a LOT of courses!  I don’t know that your total number of rounds qualifies as all that prolific, but I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head who has played that many individual courses.  

When I think of it , it is a lot. If no rain, playing 2 more this W/E, one 18, one 9. Probably walk. Arkansas courses.

1800 is quite a lot. The most I have heard of for different course play.  I have around 750. I also collect my score cards, pencils and get a book if they have one. I enjoy playing new places. I  will only play new places which I feel are also a good course.  When I do my spreadsheet trying to determine the golf I have played.....50 years of playing with an average of 100 rounds a year or about 5000 rounds played.  I have lived in 7 different states. All on the east coast.  Good luck with your efforts. I couldn't imagine my total ever exceeding 1000....1800 and ultimately 3000 is prodigious.

16 hours ago, Robert R Ramsay said:

played over 1,800 different golf courses of all types.

Give or take a few, there are about 15,000 courses in the US.  Have fun !!!!!!

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Welcome to TST, and congrats on your accomplishment in different courses played. 

Myself, I am well over 250 different courses. Maybe even closer to 300. I just don't know.

I do know I have played in 9, or 10 different countries. Last count I had played in 35 different U. S. states. 

All types too. From sanded oil fairways/greens, to very well kept private courses. 

Have clubs will travel is my motto. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

7 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

This guy is the Wilt Chamberlain of golf. 

18,200 to go!  :-D

In David's bag....

That’s a lot of different courses. 

I’ve played about 150 different courses. No where near your number. And I thought I’ve played in a lot of different courses. Sheesh. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I can see how being a single allows you to play as much golf as you want.

Congratulations on your achievement of having played over 1800+ courses.  I just can't fathom playing that many different courses.  I would love to, but I doubt I would even come close to a sniffing distance of playing that many courses.

Don

The more I think about it, the more that I realize that although I’m impressed by the number of different courses you’ve played, I have absolutely no desire to do any such thing!

There are courses I enjoy playing, and those that I don’t.  I like to play the majority of my golf on courses that I know I enjoy, and people with whom I enjoy playing.  I also love competitive golf.  Traveling to, and playing golf courses simply for the sake of having played yet another one holds no allure whatsoever.  

You’re having fun though, and that’s what’s important. 

In David's bag....

@Robert R Ramsay

Tell us a little more about yourself.  What is your handicap index?  What state are you playing out of now?  When did you start playing?  Do you play private courses or stick with public access?  Played any of the "Top 100" type courses?  Which ones?

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

6 hours ago, David in FL said:

The more I think about it, the more that I realize that although I’m impressed by the number of different courses you’ve played, I have absolutely no desire to do any such thing!

There are courses I enjoy playing, and those that I don’t.  I like to play the majority of my golf on courses that I know I enjoy, and people with whom I enjoy playing.  I also love competitive golf.  Traveling to, and playing golf courses simply for the sake of having played yet another one holds no allure whatsoever.  

You’re having fun though, and that’s what’s important. 

From what I gather, it seems he travels a lot for work and that allows him to play different courses.  Not that he seeks out to play different courses and plans trips accordingly.

Same with me for the most part.  I travel a lot for work.  When I do, I often like to play golf with clients.  When I am at home, I typically have 5-8 courses that I play most often.

Don

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

From what I gather, it seems he travels a lot for work and that allows him to play different courses.  Not that he seeks out to play different courses and plans trips accordingly.

Same with me for the most part.  I travel a lot for work.  When I do, I often like to play golf with clients.  When I am at home, I typically have 5-8 courses that I play most often.

He says he’s looking forward to retirement so that he can continue to play with a goal of 3,200+ courses.  

Not to detract from what someone else enjoys, but no thank you.  I’ll stick with quality over quantity.

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 1333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!