IGNORED

New to the Game

ALong17
Note: This thread is 1700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey y'all, thanks for having me!  I've played a couple times in my life but just over the last couple months have gotten serious.  Have yet to play a full 18 but after today I think I've got 8 9 hole games in so far.  I'm horrible,, averaging between 7 or 8 shots per hole but o have a lesson lined up next week and hoping that will give me some areas to work on.  Love the game so far though and looking forward to many more games!  If anyone's around the Wichita area and has the patience to deal with a complete beginner I'd love to play!  

Cheers!

Hang on to the joy.  It will serve you well.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST, and also welcome one of the more tougher games to educate yourself on how to play. 

No worries on those 7-8 strokes per hole. Everyone starts out poorly with this game. 

Lessons will shave a stroke or so off your game. Ask questions on this forum about anything you don't understand. Lots of knowledgeable folks on this forum. 

If available to you, try out a par 3 course. A golfer can gain a lot of expirience, and confidence playing those shorter holes. 

Main thing is to just have fun during the learning process. Btw, that learning process will most likely take forever, if not longer.  

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

3 hours ago, ALong17 said:

Hey y'all, thanks for having me!  I've played a couple times in my life but just over the last couple months have gotten serious.  Have yet to play a full 18 but after today I think I've got 8 9 hole games in so far.  I'm horrible,, averaging between 7 or 8 shots per hole but o have a lesson lined up next week and hoping that will give me some areas to work on.  Love the game so far though and looking forward to many more games!  If anyone's around the Wichita area and has the patience to deal with a complete beginner I'd love to play!  

Cheers!

Two things that really make a difference: Lessons and practice.  I guess kinda like everything in life.

As long as you enjoy the game, and put in the effort, the results will come.

Have fun and play what is for me the most addictive thing in the world.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Welcome to TST and to golf! Good move getting a lesson. Like @Patch said feel free to come here and ask questions. There are many, many  knowledgeable people here. Not only good golfers but excellent instructors. Keep in mind there still many instructors out there who really aren’t that great. Don’t get discouraged if you find contradicting advice. This is one of the best benefits of this site. The owner, @iacas is a very intelligent instructor and has a strong passion for helping others play their best.

If you have questions you won’t get the ‘because I said so’ stuff here. Golf mechanics here are backed with research and data. And with that you are always welcome to discuss, debate any ideas you may have. It’s actually encouraged to challenge any swing issues you don’t agree with. Just be sure to have your facts ready to be presented😃. So take a look around and enjoy. Cheers!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Welcome to both golf and TST.  From your description, you are better at golf than I was when I signed up for this forum, and I had been playing for a year.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

19 hours ago, ALong17 said:

have a lesson lined up next week

Welcome to TST. Great decision to take lessons at the beginning of your golf adventure. Looking forward to seeing your golf swing video in the future.

Nave

• iacas changed the title to New to the Game
Note: This thread is 1700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!