Jump to content
Vinsk

NCAA Football 2019

508 posts / 19162 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

On 11/23/2019 at 7:15 PM, Vinsk said:

Completely agree. But I also think despite OSU not covering the spread it actually showed how good this team is and better than previous seasons. They made the kind of errors that cost them games against Purdue and Iowa...yet they made them against a 9-1 Penn State team and still won.

Georgia didn’t look so good against A&M. They’re always a tough team to play at home but damn...one TD. You’re not gonna beat the top 6 teams with FGs.

I think it was good for them to face some adversity and have to suck it up to pull out a victory! They've basically been steamrolling everybody this year. You don't want your players thinking that everything is easy! 

On 11/25/2019 at 8:34 AM, klineka said:

Yet OSU as a team still ran for 229 yds and 2 TDs and rushed for more yards on their opening drive (~91) than Penn State had allowed per game so far this season prior to playing the Buckeyes (~75). 

The thing that stood out to me was the Buckeyes defense. Without the the turnover from OSU which gave Penn State short fields, OSU's defense only gave up 10 points from full length drives. OSU's defense only allowed 99 rushing yards and 128 passing yards while only allowing 1 play to go for more than 20 yards the entire game. Pretty impressive performance IMO.

I agree. Without the screw ups it could easily have been 35-0, 42-3! And I don't think TSUN has faced a team with the offensive and defensive capabilities that TOSU has! True, they've been playing better of late, but I don't think it's good enough! Think about last year. TSUN came into the game touting their #1 ranked defense. And how many points did the Buckeyes hang on them?!

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I am kinda hoping Clemson flubs up... I doubt it, but it would be hilarious. 

Even if they don't flub up, who cares? I can't believe where they're ranked. They're getting it on past reputation! Even if they win, who'd they beat? A crappy 4-7. now 4-8 team! Big freaking whoop! Look, when Clemson's good, they are good. And Dabo is a terrific coach. But, they lost a ton of talent to graduation and the draft last year, and have been coasting on a weak schedule this season! And as a football conference, the ACC pretty much sucks! Stick to basketball! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I’m pulling for Wartburg, but Union is always strong. 😜

football.png

The official 2019 College Football Bracket for Division III. Includes a printable bracket and links to buy NCAA championship tickets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’m pulling for Wartburg, but Union is always strong. 😜

football.png

The official 2019 College Football Bracket for Division III. Includes a printable bracket and links to buy...

 

Is this a Flag Football league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’m pulling for Wartburg, but Union is always strong. 😜

These poor bastards have the misfortune to be playing in the same division with the legendary Mount Union Purple Raiders of Alliance, OH.  

Between Larry and Vince Kehres, the program is 426-29-3 since 1986 and is the 13-time NCAA Division III Champion. 

So best of luck.

image.jpeg

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Is this a Flag Football league?

It’s a league where someone of my size and speed could have walked on when I went to undergraduate school! Ya know, real life!😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My take on the upcoming OSU versus Mich. game. 

The weather: Snow before the game turning into rain at game time. Winds at 10-15 with gust of 20 mph. 

The teams, 

Ohio State
EKV6lPfX0AAzxjI.jpeg

Michigan
EKV8TDUWkAEElFi.jpeg

I know people are talking about the weather as a hinderance to Ohio State. I think he helps them a lot. Michigan needs to pass the ball, especially hitting the deep ball. This is where their offense has come from the past 5 weeks. If it's nasty out, and they have to lean other run game, I don't think they get much done on the ground. With Michigan not being as good on stopping 1st and 10 plays for short gains, OSU could stay ahead of schedule more often than Michigan.

I foresee it being closer just because of the weather, but OSU pulls away in the 3rd in 4th quarter. 

I am going OSU 30 Michigan 14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If the weather turns or is bad I think turnovers will be a big factor in this game. Yes, they always are but particularly in this match up. As you alluded to OSU in the 3rd/4th quarter is dangerous. If OSU has a TD or more at half....it’s over for MICHIGAN. But I think if MICHIGAN can keep it close they’ll be fired up enough to keep OSU from their later game throttling. 
OSU 27 Michigan 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/27/2019 at 10:40 AM, Vinsk said:

Is this a Flag Football league?

Don't know what happened before. Software glitch or shortcoming. 

Anyway, Vinsk! Do not denigrate the Mount Union Purple Raiders, or they will kick your ever lovin' ass! 

On 11/27/2019 at 4:39 PM, saevel25 said:

My take on the upcoming OSU versus Mich. game. 

The weather: Snow before the game turning into rain at game time. Winds at 10-15 with gust of 20 mph. 

The teams, 

Ohio State
EKV6lPfX0AAzxjI.jpeg

Michigan
EKV8TDUWkAEElFi.jpeg

I know people are talking about the weather as a hinderance to Ohio State. I think he helps them a lot. Michigan needs to pass the ball, especially hitting the deep ball. This is where their offense has come from the past 5 weeks. If it's nasty out, and they have to lean other run game, I don't think they get much done on the ground. With Michigan not being as good on stopping 1st and 10 plays for short gains, OSU could stay ahead of schedule more often than Michigan.

I foresee it being closer just because of the weather, but OSU pulls away in the 3rd in 4th quarter. 

I am going OSU 30 Michigan 14.

From the graphs, I would surmise that TOSU is the more complete team. That's real nice, but graphs and stats do not win ball games, players do. But,players compiled those stats, so i guess we can rest assured! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow. So frustrating to watch idiot, inexcusable mistakes. Idiot lineman jumps offside on ......a punt. Love to ask that moron what his hurry was in getting the ball punted back to his team that he’d risk a penalty giving a first down. Classic OSU luck of course. Always get the bone head flukes fo help ‘em out.

Edited by Vinsk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, klineka said:

iron man eye roll GIF

Lol...nobody wants to admit their team got a good break...I get that.

1. QB bobbles the snap AND team doesn’t recover? Rare.

2. Misses extra point? Rare.

3. Let Young get away with boosting which would’ve given MI another TD opportunity.

Just facts. Nothing against how OSU is playing, just facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Vinsk said:

1. QB bobbles the snap AND team doesn’t recover? Rare.

Fumbles have been studied, they are a coin flip. 

Just now, Vinsk said:

3. Let Young get away with boosting which would’ve given MI another TD opportunity.

I didn't see this penalty. I saw him rush through a gap. He didn't launch himself over a player. The call would be iffy to make. 

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Just facts. Nothing against how OSU is playing, just facts.

1 out of 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Lol...nobody wants to admit their team got a good break...I get that.

1. QB bobbles the snap AND team doesn’t recover? Rare.

2. Misses extra point? Rare.

3. Let Young get away with boosting which would’ve given MI another TD opportunity.

Just facts. Nothing against how OSU is playing, just facts.

I have no issue admitting that a team gets breaks, but that happens in every game to every team, not just Ohio State. 

Your comment made it sound like you think luck is the only reason OSU has the lead right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, klineka said:

Your comment made it sound like you think luck is the only reason OSU has the lead right now.

I didn’t say that at all. I even said ‘nothing against how OSU is playing.’ MI made four boneheaded errors...two being rather rare and you rolled your eyes. That’s not admitting very well. OSU has the game won so none of it matters.

Edited by Vinsk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I didn’t say that at all. I even said ‘nothing against how OSU is playing.’ MI made four boneheaded errors...two being rather rare and you rolled your eyes. That’s not admitting very well. OSU has the game won so none of it matters.

Just like I said. Good and bad breaks happen to both teams. Bad break for OSU, hope Fields didn't tear anything.

Edit - Wow looks like Fields is ok for now. Super impressive.

Edited by klineka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah...may be the biggest B1G championship blow out for quite some time. Hope Minnesota beats WI. Would rather see OSU VS Minnesota ....either having no chance. Wanted a better game today ....OSU just humiliating Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Plenty of breaks going Michigan's way now too. Fields likely isn't at 100%, muffed punt, OSU penalty on 2 point conversion giving Michigan a second try, etc. Good/bad breaks happen for both teams, the best teams typically do a better job taking advantage of the breaks they get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Lol...nobody wants to admit their team got a good break...I get that.

1. QB bobbles the snap AND team doesn’t recover? Rare.

2. Misses extra point? Rare.

3. Let Young get away with boosting which would’ve given MI another TD opportunity.

Just facts. Nothing against how OSU is playing, just facts.

You forgot about “shoe-gate”! 😜

Michigan forgot to play defense. They were clearly outmatched from the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...