IGNORED

How Many Wedges Do You Carry?

How many wedges do you carry?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many wedges do you carry?

• 0 - What's a wedge?
    • 1 - I have my trusty Niblick and that's all I need.
    • 2 - Doesn't matter which two, but you'd think it would be PW and SW
    • 3 - Very common set up through the 80's and 90's.
    • 4 - Its good to have options
    • 5 - More options or is it because your PW is so delofted you had to stick in another gap wedge?
    • 6 or more - If you answer this, you'd better explain why.

Got the fourth one. I was looking for a Titleist, but they had been sold out entirely - so I got another Mizuno. Wedges with low bounce are really hard to come by - I am learning this one the hard way. Took 15 minutes of looking at wedges to find one.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I used to have one wedge which was a 58* but I binned the 58* and went for a 56* and a 60*. Both get me close to the hole.

• 2 weeks later...
Theres really no need to carry 4 wedges, unless your a really good golfer IMO. I'm by no means a great short game player, but I can alter differnt things and hit the same club many differnt distances. If I were you I'd get a sand first, maybe a 58 (thats what I use and it doubles as a LW IMO).

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

I carry 4 pitching/ 52/56/60 vokey's I had only 3 for a while but needed to fill the gap between the pitching and the sand and bought the 52!

PW GW and SW....considering LW
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

• 4 weeks later...
I still carry three wedges but am switching from a 48-54-60 to a 48-52-58 to improve the gap situation between the pitching wedge and the next wedge. The 58 is a great compromise between the 56 and the 60 as well, especially since I am not a big fan of a low bounce lob wedge anyway.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

I have been playing 3 wedges forever.

PW 48
S 56
L 60

Occasionally, I will pull out the 52 if I decide to leave something else out of the bag.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I used to carry just the PW & SW, however I recently realized the importance of the short game and invested in purchasing the SOLUS wedge set. It's actually on the way for delivery right now, and I can't wait to start practicing with them and using them on the field.

In my Bag-Boy NXO Revolver cart bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5, UST Proforce V2 x-stiff
Wood: Burner '09 3-Wood
Hybrid: H585 3-Hybrid, stiff steel shaft
3-PW: : MP-57 4-PW, Rifle Project X 6.0Wedge: Solus 51, 56, 61Putter: White Hot XG Teron 34"Ball: ProV1x "Practice"

How many wedges do you carry and lofts do they have? Right now I only have one

I got 3 wedges in my bag. 52 cleveland, 56 cleveland and a 60 taylormade, that it for me!

wow i'm outnumbered here bigtime..

i only carry two right now.. a 45 PW and 55 SW that came in my taylormade r7 set. im scared to get a 60 as i'm pretty new to the game and I think it'll just get me into trouble.. the ball sucking down 25ft past the hole.. yowsers ! I will probably get a gap wedge (50) in the future though..

in the Ogio Grom stand bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9°
Wood: Taylormade V Steel 15°
Hybrid: Callaway x series 24°
Irons: Taylormade r7 4-SWWedge: Mizuno MP T 58° Putter: Taylormade Rossa Modena 8Ball: TopFlite D2 Feel & recycled Titleist Pro V1x's