IGNORED

How Many Wedges Do You Carry?

How many wedges do you carry?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many wedges do you carry?

• 0 - What's a wedge?
    • 1 - I have my trusty Niblick and that's all I need.
    • 2 - Doesn't matter which two, but you'd think it would be PW and SW
    • 3 - Very common set up through the 80's and 90's.
    • 4 - Its good to have options
    • 5 - More options or is it because your PW is so delofted you had to stick in another gap wedge?
    • 6 or more - If you answer this, you'd better explain why.

Got the fourth one. I was looking for a Titleist, but they had been sold out entirely - so I got another Mizuno. Wedges with low bounce are really hard to come by - I am learning this one the hard way. Took 15 minutes of looking at wedges to find one.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I used to have one wedge which was a 58* but I binned the 58* and went for a 56* and a 60*. Both get me close to the hole.

• 2 weeks later...
Theres really no need to carry 4 wedges, unless your a really good golfer IMO. I'm by no means a great short game player, but I can alter differnt things and hit the same club many differnt distances. If I were you I'd get a sand first, maybe a 58 (thats what I use and it doubles as a LW IMO).

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

I carry 4 pitching/ 52/56/60 vokey's I had only 3 for a while but needed to fill the gap between the pitching and the sand and bought the 52!

PW GW and SW....considering LW
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

• 4 weeks later...
I still carry three wedges but am switching from a 48-54-60 to a 48-52-58 to improve the gap situation between the pitching wedge and the next wedge. The 58 is a great compromise between the 56 and the 60 as well, especially since I am not a big fan of a low bounce lob wedge anyway.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

I have been playing 3 wedges forever.

PW 48
S 56
L 60

Occasionally, I will pull out the 52 if I decide to leave something else out of the bag.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I used to carry just the PW & SW, however I recently realized the importance of the short game and invested in purchasing the SOLUS wedge set. It's actually on the way for delivery right now, and I can't wait to start practicing with them and using them on the field.

In my Bag-Boy NXO Revolver cart bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5, UST Proforce V2 x-stiff
Wood: Burner '09 3-Wood
Hybrid: H585 3-Hybrid, stiff steel shaft
3-PW: : MP-57 4-PW, Rifle Project X 6.0Wedge: Solus 51, 56, 61Putter: White Hot XG Teron 34"Ball: ProV1x "Practice"

How many wedges do you carry and lofts do they have? Right now I only have one

I got 3 wedges in my bag. 52 cleveland, 56 cleveland and a 60 taylormade, that it for me!

wow i'm outnumbered here bigtime..

i only carry two right now.. a 45 PW and 55 SW that came in my taylormade r7 set. im scared to get a 60 as i'm pretty new to the game and I think it'll just get me into trouble.. the ball sucking down 25ft past the hole.. yowsers ! I will probably get a gap wedge (50) in the future though..

in the Ogio Grom stand bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9°
Wood: Taylormade V Steel 15°
Hybrid: Callaway x series 24°
Irons: Taylormade r7 4-SWWedge: Mizuno MP T 58° Putter: Taylormade Rossa Modena 8Ball: TopFlite D2 Feel & recycled Titleist Pro V1x's

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Having built several putting greens, I'd make something pretty simple: I'd make the left slope 4% and the right slope 2%. Or make it a bit of a ramp from 4% for the 3', 3% for 3', 2% for 3', and 1% on the last 3'. I envision the slope as being high on the left, low on the right. 15' x 12' isn't huge, so I put four holes - you have about a 10' putt straight up the slope and a 10' putt straight down the slope. You have a 15' putt that breaks left to right and one that breaks right to left. Do not underestimate the value of using ghost holes for awhile. If I were you, I'd not cut holes at first if you can — I'd putt to ghost holes and move them around and see what configuration you like. See what holes "get in the way" of longer putts, or your stance (feet) for putting to one of your straight putts… or something like that. Then when you know where you like them (you can also use chalk circles or actual ghost holes), cut them and install them. Plus, you may find that you like the ghost holes, and maybe you only cut two permanent holes or something, because you like to move them around.
    • Day 65 (6 Jul 24) -  Attended a local festival today and my grandson, naturally, found a temporary 9 hole putt-putt course (at least they had "real" metal head putters).  We had a blast playing this little setup.  He outputted me I had 4 holes in on, and he had 6....gotta love you talent... .
    • Aloha All, Still getting over building my house but finally have started getting out traveling with the golf clubs. We found ourselves in central NY with a few days to spare so we headed off to Crystal Springs. On the way we stopped at the Great Bear Golf Club, Stroudsburg, PA. Enjoyed the course, being a Nicholas design there were some challenging holes and a course I really enjoyed even with 88 degrees and no wind. Then over to Jersey at Crystal Springs. I love the Lodge there, beautiful wooden beams and interior. The courses that week were overrun with tournaments. Day 2, First up, Wild Turkey which I think I would have liked it more if it didn’t take 5 hours. Fortunately we were paired with pleasant NY couple. Ballyowen on day 3 had us playing our best golf and it was a nice challenge and in good shape. It attempts to be a links style course. Crystal Springs course was day 4 and I enjoyed the course, not on my best game. I have not seen much discussion here on CS, but I think this course is a bit quirky;  at least there are a good variety of hole types as it opens up on the back 9. Then we were back up Rt 81 to Beautiful CNY. A few final thoughts on Crystal Springs, beyond its nice Lodge, we lost power for an hour one night, and a fire alarm evacuated everyone at 2AM. The front desk said nothing regarding either events. Then we dropped off our bag for Ship Sticks and they, SS, called me day later, asking where are my clubs? Yikes! I told them the front desk said they would bring them down to the loading dock, they said Ok and a few hours later I got email confirmation they had been picked up. I would not return or recommend this resort. We had fun but next time in NJ, the courses down by Atlantic City look a lot more interesting. We'll see you out on the course. Will
    • Wordle 1,113 4/6* ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜ 🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Brand new here, so first off, thank you for having me. Played serious golf when I was a teenager, but once I got to college, I explored other hobbies. Full circle and 15 years later, here I am trying to play this game again. I was pretty darn good when I was playing a lot and best tournament score was a 67. I played every day, I spent TIME on short game stuff. Average scores my senior year of hs was like 73ish (I know it was close to par, but I couldn't give an exact number now). What is amazing is how much has changed in 15 years. MY FREAKING GOD I feel so lost again. Thinking I would be garbage, the swing has pretty much come back to me like riding a bike. Yes theres a few little things I need to clean up, but I bet I could get around the course again if I wanted to and realistically shoot 80-85 depending on my feel around the greens 50 yards in. So the big reason for this post is I am looking to upgrade the vintage stuff and I am getting caught up on shafts mainly. Seems a stiff shaft is no longer a stiff shaft and more and more the shafts are based on gram weight. SWEET I can play that game. Yes I do know that certain shafts have bend in the center or tip or butt, BUT I do not know what is ideal for certain clubs. Also, I understand that some shafts create more spin and different launch angles. I hit the ball high, always have, so I stick with lower launch stuff, especially on my driver. I need some explanation on the pros to lighter or heavier gram shafts. I know for a fact (on my vintage driver) that the gram weight is 66 gr now and I hit my driver really good. Would I benefit with a lighter or heavier shaft? I also hit my 3w and 5w pretty darn good too but cannot find any specs on the gr weight of those shafts.  My current bag is (and dont laugh, it was the best my young high school self could buy back in the day): Driver- Nike Sasquatch (Proforce V2 shaft with 66g weight) 3w/5w - Nike sasquatch original Diamana shafts. No idea gram weight and wish I knew as I like the way these feel when I swing them.  Irons - 3-P Mizuno MP 60's. Still hit them REALLY good, might keep these and keep playing with them.  Wedges - Cleveland CG12's. Plan on upgrading and want to try the CBX series. RTX look like what I should get but that forgiveness in a wedge appeals to me.  SO, in 15 years of being away, whats the best technology out? I see taylormade has gone to carbon fiber faces. I see AI is getting involved in creating more forgiving faces and blah blah blah. Advertisement or legit? I would like to upgrade the driver and woods if it is worth while. I am hitting my slight draw and can usually hit about a 15 yard fade on demand still. My carry is roughly 285-290 and I just had my swing speed checked again and I am 110 avg. I was told I need an x-stiff shaft now. I have always played a stiff. So lots changing since I have been away. With all of that said..... regrip and go play or take the time and get into the newer technology? I will gladly post a video of my swing, I have nothing to hide except a big ol belly that I have to play with now, and maybe that could help answer this question.  Look forward to the responses, and once again, thanks for taking the time to read this and reply, Will Reinicke 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...