ChetlovesMer

Any Central Ohio Golfers Going to Play the Irish Open?

19 posts / 951 viewsLast Reply

I live close to Bent Tree Golf Club. I like the course, although I'd argue 17 and 18 are pretty weak finishing holes. But that's neither here nor there. 

I was signed up for the Irish Open Shamble on March 28th. But, for one reason or another all of my golf cronies have backed out on me. 
Anyone in central Ohio going to play it and need a fourth? 
Or, can we scrap together a foursome off this forum? 

Let me know if any of you are interested. It might litterally be the first time I get to play this year. 

Experience Columbus golf today at Bent Tree Golf Club. Our course is open and waiting for you!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If we can get two more I'm in. I've played Bent Tree once or twice it's not bad.

That might be my first round of the season too but I'm hopeful I'll be able to get out before that.

9 minutes ago, klineka said:

If we can get two more I'm in. I've played Bent Tree once or twice it's not bad.

That might be my first round of the season too but I'm hopeful I'll be able to get out before that.

It's a deal. 

Who else is in? 

I would play. I havent played in anything in a long time and im a hacker, but if youll have me, I'm in. If 2 others that are more skilled show up, I would give up my spot.

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

I would play. I havent played in anything in a long time and im a hacker, but if youll have me, I'm in. If 2 others that are more skilled show up, I would give up my spot.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't have you. 

All we need is one more.

This mostly impacts @klineka, @Bonvivant, @CarlSpackler and I. 

As of right now Bent Tree is still planning on going forward with "The Irish Open" and "The Irish Open 2, the Sequel". 

We still have a spot reserved. If any of you are thinking of dropping out for social distancing reasons just let me know. 

I'm assuming that Bent Tree will be taking some special precautions. I'm also thinking that we have an advantage as we are signed up for "The Sequel" which is on March 28th, we may learn from what happens at the first event on March 21st. 

I'll keep you all posted. 

Thanks for checking in. I'd imagine that the Irish feast is cancelled? This wouldn't change me wanting to play, but just curious. 

Well, Panther Poop, boys!

The Irish Open and The Irish Open 2, the sequel. Have been postponed until they can be rescheduled. 

Sorry, gentlemen. I'll let you know if and when they reschedule. 

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Well, Panther Poop, boys!

The Irish Open and The Irish Open 2, the sequel. Have been postponed until they can be rescheduled. 

Sorry, gentlemen. I'll let you know if and when they reschedule. 

Does anyone still want to meet up and just play a round? I will still probably play that weekend regardless. Can be at that course or a different one around the area. 

As far as I know most of them are still open with the exception of the City of Columbus courses (Turnberry, Airport Golf Course, Champions, etc)

40 minutes ago, klineka said:

Does anyone still want to meet up and just play a round? I will still probably play that weekend regardless. Can be at that course or a different one around the area. 

As far as I know most of them are still open with the exception of the City of Columbus courses (Turnberry, Airport Golf Course, Champions, etc)

That would be fun, and I would still be willing to make the trip. Walkable course preferred for me, but will ride if it's a must.

13 hours ago, klineka said:

You should probably leave me out for right now. Now that the Irish Open has been postponed. I think my bride has plans for me. 

I'll report back if that situation changes.

"But, honey the CDC says get all the fresh air you can."