IGNORED

Best Place to Buy Used Clubs During Lockdown?

Note: This thread is 1390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm in California where just about every golf course remains in lockdown...which means I do not have access to my local golf courses, proshops or golf retailers.  During this time of lockdown, I've been spending a lot of time online looking at new golf clubs.  However, at my current level, I do believe that it would be best for me to shop for a new set of USED clubs.

Where would be the best place to shop online for used clubs? (eBay, craigslist, online retailers?)

Has anyone ever bought clubs from another TST member through their marketplace?

Any suggestions?

• iacas changed the title to Best Place to Buy Used Clubs During Lockdown?

global golf. Tons of used and new clubs. Free shipping. Always other discounts. 

• Like 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I have used Callaway Preowned, Rock Bottom Golf, and 2nd Swing Golf, all with good value and service.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

War Eagle!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for all of the suggestions...I appreciate it! I'll definitely check them out.

I'm primarily looking to replace my irons.  I've been playing with my old set of Ping i3 (circa 2000) for many years.  Prior to the lockdown I did some practicing with some TM irons which felt really good....which started my quest for new clubs.

2nd swing, ebay, craigslist in that order for me. 2nd swing is probably the priciest, but you know what you are getting has been fully checked over. Ebay is great if you can stay away from shady stuff like stock photos and get a decent price on things. I just got some 712 AP2s (4-PW) for 290, but they had brand new grips and almost no browning (facewear) that you would normally see on players clubs of that age. Craigslist is cool cause sometimes there are some really good deals on there that can't be had anywhere else, either because they don't know anything at all about golf, or they don't check club value before posting.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Facebook Marketplace as well.  There are groups on Facebook as well like “golf club traders “ and “golf club junkies”.

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2020 at 2:08 AM, Bonvivant said:

2nd swing, ebay, craigslist in that order for me. 2nd swing is probably the priciest, but you know what you are getting has been fully checked over. Ebay is great if you can stay away from shady stuff like stock photos and get a decent price on things. I just got some 712 AP2s (4-PW) for 290, but they had brand new grips and almost no browning (facewear) that you would normally see on players clubs of that age. Craigslist is cool cause sometimes there are some really good deals on there that can't be had anywhere else, either because they don't know anything at all about golf, or they don't check club value before posting.

I bought Nickent 6dx irons on eBay that had chipped and rusty uniflex steel shafts, I paid with PayPal and got no return from the seller or PayPal or eBay, I think because I live in New Zealand so too far away, so be lucky...

Note: This thread is 1390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!