IGNORED

Grip Slipping/Humidity

Leland84
Note: This thread is 1437 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I’m a 6 hcp and have run into a new obstacle. I went to play this morning and it was fairly humid, not Florida in the summer, but damp. I regripped a month ago with golf pride tour wraps so I know they are still fresh. I never felt comfortable with any iron or wedge today. I just couldn’t make solid contact and everything I swung at was pushed right with about 70% of my normal distance. Maybe just a bad day, but firing a 90 Is fairly rare for my game these days. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

2 hours ago, Leland84 said:

Hi guys,

I’m a 6 hcp and have run into a new obstacle. I went to play this morning and it was fairly humid, not Florida in the summer, but damp. I regripped a month ago with golf pride tour wraps so I know they are still fresh. I never felt comfortable with any iron or wedge today. I just couldn’t make solid contact and everything I swung at was pushed right with about 70% of my normal distance. Maybe just a bad day, but firing a 90 Is fairly rare for my game these days. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Welcome to The Sand Trap. When it’s really humid, I wear rain gloves to get a a good grip. I usually don’t wear gloves. I also clean the grips more frequently in sticky weather. I use rubbing alcohol. It restores the tack.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wear a glove.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

11 hours ago, Leland84 said:

Hi guys,

I have these grips too, and they seem to be worse in rain for me than others. Nothing that has bugged me enough, but I could see how someone may have an issue with these particular grips.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

17 hours ago, Leland84 said:

Maybe just a bad day, but firing a 90 Is fairly rare for my game these days.

Take caution in statements like this....they’re listening. That being said, if it happens again and you know it’s the grip the GP Z Cord is your answer.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

New grips! 

treat yourself parks and recreation GIF

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• iacas changed the title to Grip Slipping/Humidity
16 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Welcome to The Sand Trap. When it’s really humid, I wear rain gloves to get a a good grip. I usually don’t wear gloves. I also clean the grips more frequently in sticky weather. I use rubbing alcohol. It restores the tack.

Just re-gripped my irons as they had the original grips from 2014 and I started to fear slipping. 😄

Would like to maintain these bit better than before. Do you know is there any downsides with using rubbing alcohol to clean them, shorter lifetime for example?

I lived in Okinawa for 5 years....sweat just rolls off of you during the summer. Rain gloves.....like mentioned above. Regular gloves were worthless 6 months of the year. I'm one of "those" people who wear a glove on my right hand as well if it's below about 10-11C....I use a rain glove on that hand most of time...I find it a little bit warmer than a regular glove.

A buddy of mine uses chalk like those used by baseball players or baby powder when it gets too humid.

Personally, a regular glove is all I need.  While I sweat more than average, my hands don't sweat.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 1437 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!