Note: This thread is 1391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, dsc123 said:

I assume the pro unit can be in your pocket, rather than your belt. 

I wonder if being in your pocket would affect the GPS accuracy at all.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

Ya that was my original suggestion, I would rather see this over the button on the phone, that would just be a way to retro-actively add the feature to already existing units. Ether that or add a new tag that is just for hole location.

That wouldn't be the worst idea, but… good luck getting that company to do anything.

1 hour ago, dsc123 said:

However, I also recognize that they probably had to make a tagless version.  I bet tagging is a major turn-off for people.

Apparently it is. I've never minded. You get used to it pretty quickly, especially when you realize that you can tag whenever you want - it's not like you have to do it in your pre-shot routine. I'd tag while we're waiting on the tee box, sometimes minutes before I hit. And sometimes I'd forget and tag again - deleting extras was always easier than adding forgotten tags.

1 hour ago, dsc123 said:

WIth the tagging verision, I figured they could just have an optional setting that, when turned on, treats your last tag with the putter as the hole location rather than a putt.  But ultimately, if you want accurate putting data, you need to edit most of your putts anyway.  So I dont know that it would help anything.

They answered why they didn't like that option and it's mostly that you have to edit the putts anyway, so yeah, why add a confusion point?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else gotten the pro yet? I decided to upgrade, unfortunately I wont be able to use it for a few months, it's still cold here. Has anyone that got it been able to use it yet?

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

Has anyone else gotten the pro yet? I decided to upgrade, unfortunately I wont be able to use it for a few months, it's still cold here. Has anyone that got it been able to use it yet?

I got it.

The tags are 8g. That means your swing weight will be affected by two points.

The belt clip is still pretty big, too.

I think the Pro is a failure. I suspect they'll have the same issues with false tags and missed tags like Arccos has, and now it comes with the risk of losing one of your 14 tags, having the batteries wear out on them, and having them affect your swing weight.

I hope they continue to make the original or at least the LIVE.

Then again, their stats platform really hasn't seen any upgrades in forever, either.

I'm not bullish on GG's future.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm surprised GG hasn't paired with grip and club manufacturers to have molded in tags similarly to arccos/cobra connect.

2 minutes ago, JxQx said:

I'm surprised GG hasn't paired with grip and club manufacturers to have molded in tags similarly to arccos/cobra connect.

That would be pretty cool. 

I really wish there was a way to turn off/disable the beep that the unit makes when I tag a shot. The noise of the vibration is enough plus I know my playing partners can hear it especially when we are all close together on the putting green.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, JxQx said:

I don’t want that.

11 minutes ago, klineka said:

I really wish there was a way to turn off/disable the beep that the unit makes when I tag a shot. The noise of the vibration is enough plus I know my playing partners can hear it especially when we are all close together on the putting green.

Does it really matter if they hear it? You’re not doing it mid-stroke.

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Does it really matter if they hear it? You’re not doing it mid-stroke.

Not really, my normal playing partners are used to it by now, but I'm always a tiny bit self-conscious of it when getting paired up with random golfers. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, klineka said:

Not really, my normal playing partners are used to it by now, but I'm always a tiny bit self-conscious of it when getting paired up with random golfers. 

Oh, I'm not. Either they ask if they're interested, or they don't care too much.

• Administrator

44g (Pro) vs. 56g (LIVE) belt clip

1.8g (NFC) vs. 8g (Battery) tag

2019-01-15 13.30.jpg2019-01-15 13.31.jpg2019-01-15 13.32.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, klineka said:

I really wish there was a way to turn off/disable the beep that the unit makes when I tag a shot. The noise of the vibration is enough plus I know my playing partners can hear it especially when we are all close together on the putting green. 

It's not as noticeable as you think it is. I've had I think one person comment on it in the year I've been using it. I've asked my wife if she can hear it when I tag close to her, and she can't. You still shouldn't be doing it when other people are swinging, but it's not that loud. We just hear it because we're close to the beeping sound.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

44g (Pro) vs. 56g (LIVE) belt clip

1.8g (NFC) vs. 8g (Battery) tag

2019-01-15 13.30.jpg2019-01-15 13.31.jpg2019-01-15 13.32.jpg

So I'm going to check mine when I get home but yours looks like it's different then what I have, I think mine is solid black all the way around. Also I'm assuming that once the battery is dead you have to replace the whole tag? I couldn't find a way to change just the battery.

The swing weight change probably won't even bother me I don't think.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

So I'm going to check mine when I get home but yours looks like it's different then what I have, I think mine is solid black all the way around. Also I'm assuming that once the battery is dead you have to replace the whole tag? I couldn't find a way to change just the battery.

What part is "solid black all the way around"?

I think you can change the battery.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, iacas said:

What part is "solid black all the way around"?

I think you can change the battery.

I was mistaken, I thought my belt clip was completely black, but it’s just like yours.

• Administrator

Oh, okay.

I hate to say this to the game golf users, because I’m sure it is great for the individual users, and I’m sure you get what you’re looking for from a personal standpoint, but as time goes on, all of the great breakthroughs with the productive use of all this data is all going to globe driven by arccos. 

With Microsoft backing the software project, along with the significantly larger user database, I just don’t think game golf is going to be able to keep up in this space. 

It it just seems that year over year arccos is going to continue to improve and provide deeper insights and game golf is probably going to get left in the dust. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, lastings said:

With Microsoft backing the software project, along with the significantly larger user database, I just don’t think game golf is going to be able to keep up in this space. 

I don't know that their user database is bigger let alone significantly so.

10 minutes ago, lastings said:

It it just seems that year over year arccos is going to continue to improve and provide deeper insights and game golf is probably going to get left in the dust. 

Maybe, but they have the data, too, and exposing it isn't that difficult.

But, maybe.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't know that their user database is bigger let alone significantly so

I guess that was an assumption by me. But, arccos is spending significantly more advertising dollars.  And in a market that is very unfamiliar, even to the golf community, I don’t think that is an unreasonable assumption.

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 1391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!