IGNORED

Easy to Use Sand Wedge Needed

Note: This thread is 1323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Honestly, it's more about your swing than it is about the wedge. All I can say is that more bounce is probably better than less. What issues are you currently having with hitting a SW?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you are looking for a forgiving wedge for bunkers the Vokey K grind is the most forgiving of their lineup in 58/60 or the F grind for 54/56. The are also really good for soft conditions or anytime you need some extra bounce. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Cleveland CBX2 should be at the top of your list. I have a CBX1 that looks quite traditional at set up. It's 59 and I hit it whenever the lie is crap or I just am in one of those close your eyes and hope type spots. Traditional look with lots of forgiveness and versatility for what it is. The CBX2s look way better also. I recently built a set of them for someone and they look good.

• Like 1

• iacas changed the title to Easy to Use Sand Wedge Needed
9 hours ago, colin007 said:

Honestly, it's more about your swing than it is about the wedge. All I can say is that more bounce is probably better than less. What issues are you currently having with hitting a SW?

Thanks, Colin. I'd like to think it is a club issue. I have used an old Wilson LT sand wedge well for many years. I lost it and then tried the Tour Edge 1 out and Smart Sole. With these clubs, I seem to top it and hit it thin. If I try to take a lot of sand, I leave it in the bunker or I skull it across the green. They are very heavy clubs and don't feel very well. It was a surprise as the Smart Sole gets great reviews.  

I've got the Cleveland CBX2 wedges in 50, 54, and 58. Super easy to hit on full(er) shots, but plenty versatile around the greens and out of bunkers. Extremely, extremely forgiving for wedges. Would definitely recommend you check them out.

• Like 1

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

• 2 weeks later...

I'd second the Ping Glide wedges.  There is a level of forgiveness that I didn't find with Vokeys.  I'm not saying Vokeys aren't fantastic, but if you mishit them, you'll see and feel it.  With the Ping Glides, if I don't hit them perfect, I know it, but I'll probably be relatively close to, if not on the green.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Hit lots and lots and lots of sand shots.  It is the shot we play the least often.  Once you play a few thouSAND...you will discover what you like, and what you do not like in a sand wedge.  And the one you like will be the "easiest" one to hit.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Note: This thread is 1323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!