IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I either buy nbc for a month or visit my mother in law for the next two Sunday mornings. This is shaping up to be pretty interesting so I hope to see more than golf channel on my iPad. Thanks for posting the broadcast schedule.

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, iSank said:

So I either buy nbc for a month or visit my mother in law for the next two Sunday mornings. This is shaping up to be pretty interesting so I hope to see more than golf channel on my iPad. Thanks for posting the broadcast schedule.

Aloha,

iSank

Can you get NBC via an antenna? The over the air picture is actually sharper than some set top boxes because they compress. 

I have Peacock on my Apple TV but have not given them my credit card. Not sure if I will pay for the access to the USO. May do it just to see what it’s like. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I just installed Peacock, but I also have YouTube TV so I'll be able to watch.

My club championship is Sept 17-19, and I plan to spend Sunday the 20th watching the Open.  Most years, our club championship is in August and overlaps the last three days of the PGA Championship. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Can you get NBC via an antenna? The over the air picture is actually sharper than some set top boxes because they compress. 

OTA is still compressed. But often less so, yeah.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I have Peacock on my Apple TV but have not given them my credit card. Not sure if I will pay for the access to the USO. May do it just to see what it’s like. 

I haven't gotten it yet. Is the USO paid, or is it free as they're trying to get more people onboarded?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Score! Mahalo for the ideas so I went poking around apps, and found nbc’s. Now I’m smoking brisket and watching golf.

Aloha

• Like 1

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

OTA is still compressed. But often less so, yeah.

I haven't gotten it yet. Is the USO paid, or is it free as they're trying to get more people onboarded?

I’m not sure. I would imagine you have to pay for the premium account to get the USO. But according to Deadline, it’s free. I assume the piece means the golf USO not the tennis USO, doesn’t ESPN carry the tennis major?

peacock-logo.jpg?w=296&h=166&crop=1

Peacock, the NBCUniversal streaming service that launched in April in Comcast homes, started...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

I would assume the U.S. Open would be free, and if that's what you're reading, I will doubly assume that. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I would assume the U.S. Open would be free, and if that's what you're reading, I will doubly assume that. 🙂

Yeah makes sense, the action they’re showing is way way before prime time contenders. Plus the getting eyeballs. Guess similar to the free coverage on Amazon Prime. Of all the streaming apps Peacock is the one I like least.

Steve

• Administrator

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I should ask Google but I'll ask TST instead.  Is this the first major at Winged Foot since the Open was here in 2006?  For the life of me, I can't think of when there has been one since, but it seems off that it'd be fourteen years between appearances for this course.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
Just now, Shindig said:

I should ask Google but I'll ask TST instead.  Is this the first major at Winged Foot since the Open was here in 2006?  For the life of me, I can't think of when there has been one since, but it seems off that it'd be fourteen years between appearances for this course.

Some of these courses don't want to give their course up for months every seven to nine years.

Oakmont was nine years apart. 2007 and 2016, so 14 isn't all that odd, IMO.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Some of these courses don't want to give their course up for months every seven to nine years.

Oakmont was nine years apart. 2007 and 2016, so 14 isn't all that odd, IMO.

Maybe it was Oakmont four years ago that I was thinking of when I felt Winged Foot had been more recent.

Thanks!

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, US Opens back to back this year. Golf and tennis. Still weird even though the schedule change has been out there for awhile.

Steve

Has any of you guys played Winged Foot?  It’s not a course I have much recollection of watching. I’m assuming for the Open(US😉) it will be a fairly tight setup and par is not a bad score? 

Stevie T

• Like 2

Steve

Note: This thread is 1311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!