IGNORED

iPhone 12 Pro Pre-Ordered

iacas
Note: This thread is 1195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Ordered:

• iPhone 12 Pro, Pacific Blue, 256 GB
  • MagSafe charger
  • Blue silicone case (may return, as I also ordered something from Amazon)
  • Waiting to order this Belkin deal for my nightstand.
  • Really like the leather cases the past few years, so might get one of those eventually too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am going to wait for the 13 to come out before upgrading. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I am going to wait for the 13 to come out before upgrading. 

Yeah, I skip a generation or two on watches.

As you know in my family I get the new phone each year, the wife gets my old one, the kid gets her old one, and we sell the oldest phone on eBay.

As of now the phone I'll get on the 23rd is delivering in early November.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I’m trying to get a second and third year out of my 11 Pro, so no upgrade for me this year. I did just get a Series 6 watch though. 

The MagSafe thing is cool. I hope car mounts take advantage of it. I use a magnetic car mount but it requires me to stick magnets to the inside of my case, which only kind of works. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jamo said:

The MagSafe thing is cool. I hope car mounts take advantage of it. I use a magnetic car mount but it requires me to stick magnets to the inside of my case, which only kind of works. 

I didn't even think of that. Hell yeah. I'm sure we'll see a ton of those now that you say that. Heck, you could mount your MagSafe thing to your dash and stick your phone to it.

I'm actually seriously considering the 12 Mini.  I think I'd prefer the smaller size of the phone over the larger screen...but I am going to wait until I see them both in "real life".

- John

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

I'm actually seriously considering the 12 Mini.  I think I'd prefer the smaller size of the phone over the larger screen...but I am going to wait until I see them both in "real life".

It would fit your small hands better.

Won't do anything about that cabbage smell though.

• Upvote 1

I am still using an iphone 7+ and it has been acting up, so it’s about time I get a new phone. I need to see the phones in person before deciding which one to get. But I want the pacific blue. Too bad they don’t have the moss green from last year, that’d have been my first choice in color.

My husband always gets me the newest of everything and he’d take the hand me down. He wants me to get the 12 pro max, pacific blue, 512...he probably won’t get a new phone for himself until his old one dies.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

I am still using an iphone 7+ and it has been acting up, so it’s about time I get a new phone. I need to see the phones in person before deciding which one to get. But I want the pacific blue. Too bad they don’t have the moss green from last year, that’d have been my first choice in color.

You could get the year-old one. They'll be available pretty inexpensively soon, and you'll even be able to find new ones (particularly from like a Best Buy or something, I think). Or one of your carrier's stores.

Or a slightly used one.

But, maybe your husband won't want that - if he insists that you get the new one so he can get a hand-me-down eventually.

Just now, iacas said:

You could get the year-old one. They'll be available pretty inexpensively soon, and you'll even be able to find new ones (particularly from like a Best Buy or something, I think). Or one of your carrier's stores.

Or a slightly used one.

But, maybe your husband won't want that - if he insists that you get the new one so he can get a hand-me-down eventually.

Good idea to get last year’s model! I will look into that. I still remember wanting the piano black back then because it is so pretty, but I put a phone cover on it immediately anyway so it doesn’t really matter...

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

Good idea to get last year’s model! I will look into that. I still remember wanting the piano black back then because it is so pretty, but I put a phone cover on it immediately anyway so it doesn’t really matter...

Yeah. I have the green… and a green leather case. 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

My husband always gets me the newest of everything and he’d take the hand me down. He wants me to get the 12 pro max, pacific blue, 512...he probably won’t get a new phone for himself until his old one dies.

Ace:

Now we know what you look like....just sayin.😁

spacer.png

I’ve heard of complaints of the phone not coming with the charger. That it only comes with a cord. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

16 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

🤣🤣🤣

Hi Ace:

Found this cruising cyber space. Print this off and tape it to the fridge Monday evening....I'm sure your husband will get a great laugh after a long day at work....maybe you can make it a bumper stick for your Tesla.

Heck....it will incent him to get you a new Apple phone and Kastle skis by Saturday afternoon.

Have a great weekend....just heading out soon to hit the links and hope to win some skins.

spacer.png

Let's get back on topic now.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I’ve heard of complaints of the phone not coming with the charger. That it only comes with a cord. 

I have five hundred chargers.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

I have five hundred chargers.

But don’t the new phones require USB C? So if those old blocks aren’t C then they’re useless for new phones right?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!