IGNORED

TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)

cipher
Note: This thread is 980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just did a quick check, coming from Reston, VA.  Both Shipstix and Fedex are about $65 one way to Sand Valley, for the slowest service, approximately 5 days.  My intention is to rent the trolleys from Sand Valley.  I can live without a caddie, but I'd consider sharing the cost of a forecaddie for my group if the other three feel the same way, and of course if that's an option.  Just throwing it out there.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

My intention is to rent the trolleys from Sand Valley.

I’m doing the same.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I’m bringing mine. John is bringing his. Matt his. Nate his.

But we are driving. So we get to. You’ll be jealous of my seat and cooler. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My plan was to rent a push/pull cart from Sand Valley and/or take a caddy some of the rounds. I probably won't go with a caddy, given that it would probably bring the total cost of the round to around $400 it seems.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I can live without a caddie, but I'd consider sharing the cost of a forecaddie for my group if the other three feel the same way, and of course if that's an option.  Just throwing it out there.

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

My plan was to rent a push/pull cart from Sand Valley and/or take a caddy some of the rounds. I probably won't go with a caddy, given that it would probably bring the total cost of the round to around $400 it seems.

Forecaddie seems like a good idea. Let's see how things work out. The one time I've had one for the group (required at Bay Hill), was absolutely worth it. 

Vishal S.

• Administrator

I’m not planning to have a forecaddie.

It’s a bit wide space and you get to play it a few times. I posted the course guide.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

I’m not planning to have a forecaddie.

It’s a bit wide space and you get to play it a few times. I posted the course guide.

Yeah I agree, I don't know that a forecaddie is a huge value here. Each group can just buy a yardage book and you should be fine. I'll give everyone some hole by hole tips for Sand Valley. Mammoth is supposed to be even easier. It's a bit tough to explain but the course is just designed for fun, fast play. Picking your shots easily, finding your ball easily and playing quickly. There aren't many blind shots out there.  

Hit the ball far, find it easily and hit it again.  There you go, I just saved everyone hundreds.  😂

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Thanks for input both. 

Speaking of playing the courses a few times, we will obviously play one more round on one of them than the other. What are we thinking? Availability or something else? 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Thanks for input both. 

Speaking of playing the courses a few times, we will obviously play one more round on one of them than the other. What are we thinking? Availability or something else? 

I think we are hoping to play the slightly better one on two days. We may also book the third day at both courses for one foursome each and draw straws or play for it or something. Some may prefer one of the courses over the other. Also, there are rainouts to consider, just in case (though it should be fine).

@cipher can say more here.

17 hours ago, iacas said:

I’m bringing mine. John is bringing his. Matt his. Nate his.

But we are driving. So we get to. You’ll be jealous of my seat and cooler. 🙂

Hello,

I’m curious about the seat and cooler setup, are photos or details posted somewhere?

Also I’m looking forward to reading the reports of each round from the group.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think we are hoping to play the slightly better one on two days. We may also book the third day at both courses for one foursome each and draw straws or play for it or something. Some may prefer one of the courses over the other. Also, there are rainouts to consider, just in case (though it should be fine).

@cipher can say more here.

I thought we would maybe schedule SV for day 1, Mammoth for Day 2 and then split the group up Day 3 if each group has a preference. If anyone would rather do it differently, let me know soon. I do plan to call next week to see if I can somehow convince them to get us booked.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, treebound said:

I’m curious about the seat and cooler setup, are photos or details posted somewhere?

Seat: 

CGCS01_H_600x600_crop_center.jpg?v=15693

Designed to Fit Perfectly on Clicgear Model 1.0 ~ 4.0 Carts.The Clicgear Cart Seat provides a stable and durable platform to rest on. Take a load off your feet!Aluminum construction with quality fit and finish, ensures a...

Clicgear_Soft_Seat_Cover_3_600x600_crop_

Fits perfectly on Clicgear & Rovic Cart Seats!The Clicgear Soft Seat Cover provides a soft padding over the cart seat.Durable polyester and foam.

Cooler: 

CGCB02_M02_logo_600x600_crop_center.png?

Designed to Fit Perfectly on Clicgear Model 1.0 ~ 4.0 Carts.The Clicgear Cooler Bag stores your drinks and snacks while out on the course. Holds up to 6 cans in the lower insulated pocket with plenty of room in the...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, cipher said:

I thought we would maybe schedule SV for day 1, Mammoth for Day 2 and then split the group up Day 3 if each group has a preference. If anyone would rather do it differently, let me know soon. I do plan to call next week to see if I can somehow convince them to get us booked.  

I’m fine with that plan. I can tell you right now I have no preference for one over the other 😉

You can put me in whatever group you want on the third day.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, cipher said:

Yeah, from all I am reading, no real preference for me either but as a general rule wider the fairways more I am attracted to the course.. 😜

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

I called and struck out on getting tee times a "little" early, they are holding to the 30 day policy. I will call Saturday June 19th and have them run it all on my card. They did say I can do all three days on that day, and that I can book both the sand box and one of big courses ahead of time. We are likely going to have to be a little flexible with play times. It is not like we are going to have anywhere else to go however.  😊  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

Nate

2 hours ago, cipher said:

I called and struck out on getting tee times a "little" early, they are holding to the 30 day policy. I will call Saturday June 19th and have them run it all on my card. They did say I can do all three days on that day, and that I can book both the sand box and one of big courses ahead of time. We are likely going to have to be a little flexible with play times. It is not like we are going to have anywhere else to go however.  😊  

Sounds great to me, just let us know how much money to send, and how best to send it.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

8 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Sounds great to me, just let us know how much money to send, and how best to send it.

Sounds good, I only take crypto as payment, limited to BTC, ETH or ADA(preferably this).  😉 We will figure it out, the good news is we have a little more time for all that with having to wait until 30 days prior.  I have both PayPal and Venmo for payment methods.  This will probably be the perfect opportunity to start the private messaging group for all of this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nate

That sounds great, @cipher. I will reimburse you as quickly as I can. Thanks for doing all that. 

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!