IGNORED

What skill impresses you most about TOUR players

r7 425
Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure what single thing impresses me. It all does -- Pro's iron distance control, overall short game, hitting it crisp every time amazes me but the one thing that really sticks out is their ability to grind. While they aren't chunking irons 10 yards, or topping shots they do hit bad shots but when they do they so often fight back to save a par or bogey. How many times have you seen a PGA tour pro hitting it all over the place on a hole, you think he's in serious trouble then he drains a 20 footer for bogey or after a penalty he hits his next iron shot to 4 feet.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Scrambling

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

I have to go with distance control. It is amazing to me how accurate these guys can be with that. They know how to spin the ball just so and hit it to a precise distance.

I also think that the distance that these guys get with their clubs is something else. Bubba Waton hitting a 7 iron around 220? I know he is anomolous but that is just plain awesome.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

The two most impressive things about a TOP Tour players game are their consistency, and their attitude. The point about consistency speaks for itself, However their attitude in all respects of the game are top notch (forgetting the occasional outburst of anger, that can't be helped) The way they approach each shot, taking meticulous care and attention, studying every detail that could effect their shot, whether the ridge behind the pin is 155 or 157, outside of the round of golf the way they interact with the crowd, spend a little bit of time with the kids etc.

Every one on this forum has the potential to hit great shots, long drives impressive putts etc, but not many people will have the same frame of mind and the same amount of focus that the top tour players have. This in my opinion is what sets them apart from us.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

The most valuable skill is probably ball striking. Consistent, correct ball striking produces the spin, launch angle and distance control that makes all the rest possible.

SubPar

The ability to get paid to play the best courses in the world. Other than that, the way they can save par from the parking lot. When I hit a bad shot I oten follow it up with a run of them. These guys put it back in play and then seem to manage a good score.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

No particular skill. Anyone can develope skills.. it's consistency that impresses me. When one can be classified as a machine.. than I am impressed.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Count me in as one who admires consistency also. Consistently straight, to the yard, almost every time.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

More of an action than a skill, at the LA Open I noticed how deliberate players are when reading putts. Also, reading shot conditions, wind, slope, etc.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Their up and down stats around the green which would include sand saves, chipping or pitching and one putt.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

i am most impressed with their putting and their ability to consistently do many varieties of wedge shots around the green.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

putting. Guys hardly ever 3 putt, and distance control is unreal, and I think the biggest difference from an amateur.

In the Bag:
Driver 907 D2, 8.5*, Accuflex x-stiff
3 Wood 904F 15*, Accuflex V2, x-stiff
Hybrid 585H, 19*, Aldila NV 85S
Irons MP 57's, + 1", 1* up, Project X 5.5Wedges Titleist Spin Milled 56* and 60*, oil can, +1/2", 1* upPutter :Scotty Cameron: Newport 2Ball ProV1Bag: OGIO Gromwww.quail...

Getting up and down, scrambling, I mean their touch is just hard to believe. Sure a few times here and there is to be expected but they are able to do it almost every time.

Also their tremendous accuracy and distance with the 3W off the deck.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!