IGNORED

NCAA Football 2021

saevel25

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Jumped back and fourth with RC of course but Clemson…oh boy! Lol. If they win out I don’t agree they should be considered a possible 2 loss team in the CFP. OhioSt wins out, yes, OU will lose a game if they don’t fix their issues but still a 1 loss…they’re in. Clemson’s done. What you say @saevel25?

They should be done. The ACC is a dumpster fire this year. They don't have enough tough games left to get back in. I am sure there should be  4 1-loss teams remaining. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I’m afraid today will be OU’s time to take a loss. KSU such a pesky team and OU has squeaked bu much less dynamic teams. Hopefully the loss won’t be due to stupid flubs like fumbles, int and asinine penalties. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Well down goes 4 in the top 10! Oregon, Arkansas, Florida, and Notre Dame!

More chaos means more chances for Ohio State to make it back into the playoff picture 🙂

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Cincinnati looked very good against ND.   Oregon never did impress me, I didn't think they deserved their high rating.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Well down goes 4 in the top 10! Oregon, Arkansas, Florida, and Notre Dame!

More chaos means more chances for Ohio State to make it back into the playoff picture 🙂

Well….Oregon losing doesn’t help Ohio State. If it becomes a one loss team situation then Ohio State will probably go. OU bound to lose a game, they’re really playing on thin ice. Ohio State doesn’t really have any more resumé building games except Michigan in November. 

33 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Cincinnati looked very good against ND.   Oregon never did impress me, I didn't think they deserved their high rating.  

They beat Ohio State. That’s pretty damn big.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

15 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well….Oregon losing doesn’t help Ohio State. If it becomes a one loss team situation then Ohio State will probably go. OU bound to lose a game, they’re really playing on thin ice. Ohio State doesn’t really have any more resumé building games except Michigan in November. 

I don't think it matters much. It's more who are the best teams at the end of the season. Injuries matter and its fluid every week in the rankings. So, OSU losing to Oregon 2nd week doesn't matter much if they show significant improvement and win out. 

16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

They beat Ohio State. That’s pretty damn big.

Yea, they got a big bump. Also, AP Poll is kind-of trash really. When it comes to matchups, polls based on who beat who don't really work out well. 

SP+, a mathematical system, had Oregon as the 17th best team and OSU as the 3rd best team at the start of this week. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:
30 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I don't think it matters much. It's more who are the best teams at the end of the season.

Well it could. Who teams beat matters as well as who they lost to. UCF certainly showed that in 2018? Cincinnati has a joke of a schedule remaining. A one loss Ohio team to a one loss Oregon would hold more weight than if Oregon loses more games. That may cause some to rank Cincinnati higher if they win out. And yes AP poll is a joke.

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

A one loss Ohio team to a one loss Oregon would hold more weight than if Oregon loses more games.

The Bobcats never played Oregon.

ohiobobcats.com

The official 2021 Football schedule for the

Edited by mcanadiens

11 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

A one loss Ohio team to a one loss Oregon would hold more weight than if Oregon loses

It matters more that the Pac-12 isn't good. They got that win over OSU, but they really needed to win out. I think at the end of the year, if OSU wins out, winning against 3-4 more ranked teams, then probably playing an undefeated or one-loss Iowa team (who will be a top 10 team). That is a lot of resume building that will put OSU over Oregon. 

The only ranked team left on their schedule is UCLA. 

Probably 3-5 ranked wins versus 1 for Oregon. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I’m hoping Cincinnati isn’t given a pass to the final four as that would be a wasted spot really. ND will be their only win of substance should they win out. And you’re right about OSU and 3-4 ranked wins. If OSU beats PSU, MI, MSU then imo Cincinnati falls well short of OSU in accomplishment. Alabama, OU, OSU, Cincinnati…you can guarantee any of those teams would be salivating to play Cincinnati. Of course with OU’s non-existent defense Cincinnati may actually put up a fight.

Criminey….forgot about ole Georgia. Lol.

@saevel25 what are your thoughts on  PSU vs Iowa next week? PSU has some offense issues. I’m thinking Iowa is gonna take this one. 

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

@saevel25 what are your thoughts on  PSU vs Iowa next week? PSU has some offense issues. I’m thinking Iowa is gonna take this one. 

I'll chime in.  I've watch both but only one game each.   Iowa seems to be the more complete team.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I do not think any team will get much done on the ground. Both have really good rush defenses. They will average around 3 yards per rush on the ground. Not very efficient. PSU passing game is much better than Iowa, almost a full 3 yards better per attempt. This will give them the edge in yards, and passing tends to travel better than rushing on the road. Both teams rank in the top 10 in takeaways, but Iowa is kind of inflated a bit having 7 last game. I think it will be a close game. Both teams are bad on 3rd down conversions at 90th and 92nd. With lack of run game, I think there will be a lot of 3rd and long. Iowa has no big play ability, they almost rank last in the nation. 

I do not know how sustainable scoring Iowa can have when 2 out of their top 7 scorers are on the defense side of the ball. 15% of their TD's has come from the defense.

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 1.03.12 PM.png

All of the TD's for Penn State has come from their offense. Really, Iowa's scoring offense is almost 4 points less than their average. 

They have the betting line at Penn State +1.5. I think that is too low. 

PSU 24, Iowa 19

If Iowa gets a defensive TD they probably win. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I do not think any team will get much done on the ground. Both have really good rush defenses. They will average around 3 yards per rush on the ground. Not very efficient. PSU passing game is much better than Iowa, almost a full 3 yards better per attempt. This will give them the edge in yards, and passing tends to travel better than rushing on the road. Both teams rank in the top 10 in takeaways, but Iowa is kind of inflated a bit having 7 last game. I think it will be a close game. Both teams are bad on 3rd down conversions at 90th and 92nd. With lack of run game, I think there will be a lot of 3rd and long. Iowa has no big play ability, they almost rank last in the nation. 

I do not know how sustainable scoring Iowa can have when 2 out of their top 7 scorers are on the defense side of the ball. 15% of their TD's has come from the defense.

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 1.03.12 PM.png

All of the TD's for Penn State has come from their offense. Really, Iowa's scoring offense is almost 4 points less than their average. 

They have the betting line at Penn State +1.5. I think that is too low. 

PSU 24, Iowa 19

If Iowa gets a defensive TD they probably win. 

That’s good stuff Matt. You should be in the booth…lol. I really don’t see OU going undefeated. Nobody can play with fire that long and not get burned. I’m definitely  glad that even if we have Alabama and Georgia in the top four…we can finally be rid of Clemson.😄

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

That’s good stuff Matt. You should be in the booth…lol. I really don’t see OU going undefeated. Nobody can play with fire that long and not get burned. I’m definitely  glad that even if we have Alabama and Georgia in the top four…we can finally be rid of Clemson.😄

No booth for me. 

I also think PSU has better players than Iowa. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Right now, Ohio State is on pace to have the 2nd most yards per pay of any team from 2009 till 2021 (I do not have stats pre-2009). 

The team they are catching, the 2018 OU team with Kyler Murray. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag