IGNORED

Need Advice on Upcoming Trip

breeves

Headed to Leesburg, FL (central Florida) to visit a buddy. Driving from Northwest Arkansas, it's about a 17 hour drive. Through Memphis, TN then through Tupelo, MS and Birmingham, AL, Atlanta, GA and then head due south to FL.

Question - I will break up the drive into at least two days, but got to thinking why not play a round or two along the way. I'm in no hurry. Is there any convenient golf trip planner to use that takes into account a specific route or am I'm just as well off Googling for golf courses in an area I think I would want to make a stop? 

Thanks for any advice.

Well, I don't think you're coming to visit me.

But to help answer your question, this is what we did every year when we drove up to Myrtle Beach. It's about an 8 hour drive, so we split it into a 4 hour drive, stop, play golf, have lunch, and then finish the drive. A lot easier if you're driving to break it up like that. We never set anything up, mostly because we weren't sure of timing. We just took our chances.

I can't remember the name of the town or the golf course, but we stopped for gas and told the guy that we were on our way for a week in Myrtle Beach but wanted to break up the drive. We  asked if there was a golf course near by that we could play. The guy said there was only a private club in town, but he would call them and ask if they could accommodate us. Got off the phone, said they're expecting us, and gave us directions. Beautiful course, and they didn't charge us too much to play it.

I'd say just go for it. You  never know what you might find out there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There’s a Marriott I think at Ross Bridges GC part of the RTJ trail, or head south a little farther to the state capital and they have three courses, the Judge super fun, and the Senator which is a links style course that was plenty enjoyable, we did not play the 3rd bc we headed over to Opelika (sp?) by Auburn U to enjoy another 3 course set up with 1 being about the funnest par 3 I have ever played. 
Happy Trails!

20 hours ago, breeves said:

Headed to Leesburg, FL (central Florida) to visit a buddy. Driving from Northwest Arkansas, it's about a 17 hour drive. Through Memphis, TN then through Tupelo, MS and Birmingham, AL, Atlanta, GA and then head due south to FL.

Question - I will break up the drive into at least two days, but got to thinking why not play a round or two along the way. I'm in no hurry. Is there any convenient golf trip planner to use that takes into account a specific route or am I'm just as well off Googling for golf courses in an area I think I would want to make a stop? 

Thanks for any advice.

I’d check out GolfNow to find some deals. You might find some good ones. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.