IGNORED

Does PING do Demo Days?

Note: This thread is 1168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have recently made a move into the world of Ping with a new Ping G410 driver and a set of G425 Irons. After 20 years of playing I got myself fitted and found I needed a 2 degree flat iron. Ping was easy to get fitted. I like the 410 driver with its 8 different adjustment hosle.  Hitting much longer and straighter. I would love to try more Ping clubs at a Demo day if I could find one.

26 minutes ago, snow bird said:

I have recently made a move into the world of Ping with a new Ping G410 driver and a set of G425 Irons. After 20 years of playing I got myself fitted and found I needed a 2 degree flat iron. Ping was easy to get fitted. I like the 410 driver with its 8 different adjustment hosle.  Hitting much longer and straighter. I would love to try more Ping clubs at a Demo day if I could find one.

I've attended 3 demo days this year... Titleist, Callaway and Taylormade.  In my life I've never been to a Ping demo day.  Not saying they don't exist...

2 hours ago, snow bird said:

I would love to try more Ping clubs at a Demo day if I could find one.

I know they have demo days at our local executive course (at the same time as other manufacturers).

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ping has demo days. They’ve held several in the past few years at courses near me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, snow bird said:

You can find the nearest demo day with this site.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I’m a Tech Rep for Ping... meaning I do the demo/fitting days.  I live in Massachusetts and due to COVID there are no “demo days “here or in NH.  Everything is done by appointment.  The facility offers it as a “fitting” day and people that sign up are assigned a time slot.  I am then given the paper with the scheduled appointments.  Around here Taylormade and Callway have been instructed to do the same per state regulations.

So there are no more “free for all “demo days where anyone and theirs brother just walks up to hit clubs.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

I’m a Tech Rep for Ping... meaning I do the demo/fitting days.  I live in Massachusetts and due to COVID there are no “demo days “here or in NH.  Everything is done by appointment.  The facility offers it as a “fitting” day and people that sign up are assigned a time slot.  I am then given the paper with the scheduled appointments.  Around here Taylormade and Callway have been instructed to do the same per state regulations.

So there are no more “free for all “demo days where anyone and theirs brother just walks up to hit clubs.

Yes, of the 2 demo days I've attended this year and the one I'm about to attend... they're all by appointment... half hour sessions.  No line up of guys up and down the range whacking drivers and irons like in the old days.

• Like 1

I got fitted for my current irons at a Ping Demo Day... I think in 2017?  2018?  Not sure in the modern era. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 5/21/2021 at 9:07 PM, Typhoon92 said:

I understand the Covid shutting down demo days.Governor Baker is reopening things this weekend. Do you think Ping will consider starting up demo days again?  

I understand your frustration with having "Free for all" Demo days but how else are you going to get people to try your product? I have recently bought a set of G 425 Irons and a G410 Driver all new. I love them both and would like to add a Ping 7 wood to my lineup. At $300 I want to at least have a chance to try it along side Ping Hybrids. Most stores allow you to try them with a fitting that cost $50. The $50 is credited toward the club purchase but that kind of makes the experience less than enjoyable to say the least.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:07 PM, Typhoon92 said:

Can I order a Ping club without those Arrcos grips? I have grips I would be happy to get the club with no grip rather then the Arrcos grip.

• 3 weeks later...

You can order without Arrcos... don’t think you can order with no grip though.

On 5/28/2021 at 6:37 PM, snow bird said:

I understand the Covid shutting down demo days.Governor Baker is reopening things this weekend. Do you think Ping will consider starting up demo days again?  

I understand your frustration with having "Free for all" Demo days but how else are you going to get people to try your product? I have recently bought a set of G 425 Irons and a G410 Driver all new. I love them both and would like to add a Ping 7 wood to my lineup. At $300 I want to at least have a chance to try it along side Ping Hybrids. Most stores allow you to try them with a fitting that cost $50. The $50 is credited toward the club purchase but that kind of makes the experience less than enjoyable to say the least.

Ping actually doesn’t want to do the demo days.  Rather “by appointment “ fittings.  Seems to be their post Covid direction.

10 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

You can order without Arrcos... don’t think you can order with no grip though.

Ping actually doesn’t want to do the demo days.  Rather “by appointment “ fittings.  Seems to be their post Covid direction.

Grrr... that's unfortunate.  I was debating getting new Glide wedges (I have first-generation Ping Glides) and getting fit for them.  Maybe that's the impetus to get me to go with the Edel wedges.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

22 hours ago, Shindig said:

Grrr... that's unfortunate.  I was debating getting new Glide wedges (I have first-generation Ping Glides) and getting fit for them.  Maybe that's the impetus to get me to go with the Edel wedges.

I bought the G425 Irons and hated the Arccos grips. Sent them back to Ping and they regriped them for me. Since they were my first Ping clubs I ever owned. I love them and since have repacked most of my bag with new Ping G 410's  not G425 because you don't have to deal with the Arccos grip. The G410's are hard to find new. Still looking for a G 410 7 wood with regular shaft.

I can't help but think that Ping made a big mistake by offering the Arccos standard when most golfers don't want it. They should at least offer a non Arccos grip standard also.

On 6/14/2021 at 11:52 AM, Shindig said:

I hear ya Shindig... I grew up going to demo days!!  Loved them!!  All you have to do is look when there is a Ping day somewhere, call the place and get a time slot.  It’s free, no obligation to buy.... and you get individualized attention instead of just flying blind.

Right now lead times on stick items... not custom orders is 12 weeks.  A lot of the events have been cancelled because of that.  I know all mine are.

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-COVID, Ping would show up at the St. Louis Golf Expo, and a few of the course-based demo days during season. The Ping team always had at least two of their experienced product reps.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 1168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!