IGNORED

Bridgestone E12 Contact Golf Balls Vs Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls

Jack50
Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone that has used both it would be helpful to hear a comparison. I bought Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Balls for myself, but have also been given some Pro V1s as a gift. As far as I'm aware Pro V1s will be softer and spin more, be more difficult to keep in play. Any input would be helpful.

20 minutes ago, Jack50 said:

As far as I'm aware Pro V1s will be softer and spin more, be more difficult to keep in play.

Why?  Just curious what you are thinking.   

I've only hit a couple of the E12 Contacts on a simulator a little.   I couldn't tell much about the ball. 

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends on what you are trying to achieve.  The Pro V1 and other tour level balls are softer and hence spin more.  Which means you have more control around the green.  Additionally side spin is easier to generate.   The E12 is a mid range ball, which means not as soft.  It has less control around the green but also less side spin.

I personally prefer the mid range ball because I am more concerned about a slice off the tee and on long iron/wood shots.  However, the problem with that is stopping a ball around the green is harder.  The overall balance suits me though

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

1 hour ago, pganapathy said:

Depends on what you are trying to achieve.  The Pro V1 and other tour level balls are softer and hence spin more.  Which means you have more control around the green.  Additionally side spin is easier to generate.   The E12 is a mid range ball, which means not as soft.  It has less control around the green but also less side spin.

I personally prefer the mid range ball because I am more concerned about a slice off the tee and on long iron/wood shots.  However, the problem with that is stopping a ball around the green is harder.  The overall balance suits me though

I was thinking This.

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Why?  Just curious what you are thinking.   

I've only hit a couple of the E12 Contacts on a simulator a little.   I couldn't tell much about the ball. 

More sidespin off the tee

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack50 said:

I was thinking This.

More sidespin off the tee

What I would suggest is play a round with both balls and see how you feel about it.  If you don't have too much side spin with your long clubs, definitely go for the Pro V1 or another similar tour ball.  Otherwise I would suggest sticking to the E12, since you are likely to be hitting your second from difficult positions with a tour ball, especially if you have a hook or slice, as opposed to a fade or draw

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Aidia Z-009 Putter

• Administrator

The differences in spin with a driver are incredibly small. The differences are primarily with wedges/short irons.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 7/13/2021 at 9:54 AM, pganapathy said:

Depends on what you are trying to achieve.  The Pro V1 and other tour level balls are softer and hence spin more.  Which means you have more control around the green.  Additionally side spin is easier to generate. 

I would like someone to verify the above comment. I have been playing the Pro V1 and I find it extremely hard. Sure it's spins on the green for most people, but I can't get any greenside action from it more so then a non-premium ball.  I was under the impression that premium balls have greenside spin 'primarily' due to their urethane cover, not how soft the ball is. To me, the Pro V1 is hard as a rock!

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

14 hours ago, iacas said:

The differences in spin with a driver are incredibly small. The differences are primarily with wedges/short irons.

Am not sure whether that is mental or a swing issue, but I tend to slice the tour balls a bit more than the mid range balls.  Possibly if it was a blind test where I had no idea what ball I was playing, the results might change.

What's in the bag

• Aidia Z-009 Putter

59 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I would like someone to verify the above comment

Google will gladly do it for you.🙂

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

Pro V1

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

but I can't get any greenside action from it more so then a non-premium ball.

It's probably down to your technique, strike, or the lie, then. I'd say your greenside spin is so low, due to technique, strike, or lie, that you won't see a jump in spin even when switching. I have measured a proV1 against other non-premium balls on my launch monitor on greenside shots, and I have seen a noticeable difference in spin, at least when the lie is good. If the lie is bad, then most balls, regardless of quality, won't spin as much around the green; there, you'd want to rely more on height to get the ball to stop.

26 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Google will gladly do it for you.🙂

I remember when google (googol) was a number.😜

I find that premium urethane covered balls will check up a bit more than surlyn covers, but technique helps a lot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I remember when google (googol) was a number.😜

I find that premium urethane covered balls will check up a bit more than surlyn covers, but technique helps a lot.

Yep. Wasn’t googolplex a number ? Or is that the same thing? Yes, and urethane gives a much cleaner sound off the hosel. Gives a smooth, low flying curve with a peaceful whizzzz.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yep. Wasn’t googolplex a number ? Or is that the same thing? Yes, and urethane gives a much cleaner sound off the hosel. Gives a smooth, low flying curve with a peaceful whizzzz.

Spoiler

A googol is 10^100th power. A googolplex is 10^googol. Wicked big numbah

I would think surlyn would sound a bit harsher off the hosel.

Best advice to the OP is to try both around the greens and off the tee as see for yourself.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, Billy Z said:

I would like someone to verify the above comment. I have been playing the Pro V1 and I find it extremely hard. Sure it's spins on the green for most people, but I can't get any greenside action from it more so then a non-premium ball.  I was under the impression that premium balls have greenside spin 'primarily' due to their urethane cover, not how soft the ball is. To me, the Pro V1 is hard as a rock!

I would 100% say that this is about you and not the ball.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!