IGNORED

The Stack System - A Conversation on Gaining Swing Speed

iacas

• Administrator

https://vimeo.com/677980325/2ad252d14c

The video won't embed, but I encourage you to watch it.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bought it in October, 2022. I was in the foundation program and had to stop for a while to rest my back. I plan to start up again in January. My initial impressions were good...I like using it, and my speed was increasing modestly with each session. But it was a little difficult for me to swing at "full effort" or full intent or whatever he called it. Most of the time it was very hard to resist trying to beat my previous numbers and so I would swing something closer to max effort. (Gee, maybe that's why my back started hurting......). 

When I get back to it I'm going to try to fix this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Ordered one of these like ten days ago, but it's still not arriving until next week. I did start a caveman version of speed training though last Monday (11/14) and have quickly found several deficiencies. Really slow swinging from my knees. Really slow swinging left handed. My left arm only swings are way slower than my right arm only swings as well. Big time imbalance there. Really looking forward to training this with the Stack System. This gives me time to watch the entire video Erik linked above as well so I'm less clueless when I begin the training. 

Constantine

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Golf speed training system used to biohack your clubhead speed. The Stack System unlocks precision speed training from golf's leading biomechanist, Dr. Sasho MacKenzie that was previously reserved for...

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Now that I have my iOS device for the simulator setup I'm strongly considering grabbing one of these especially since I'll be able to measure my ball speed increases more frequently with the Mevo+ 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Just pulled the trigger on the stack system, based on your review and recommendation.  Thank you so much for facilitating the discount code, it made for a very nice reduction in price.  I have a mevo+ with pro package, and am looking forward to many hours of swing training this winter. The fact that the mevo+ actually connects to the stack app, to record swing speeds without any additional input, is fantastic. I'll post my progress when the product arrives and I start the training. Thanks again, 

Steven V.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bunkerblaster said:

The fact that the mevo+ actually connects to the stack app, to record swing speeds without any additional input, is fantastic.

Yeah, I haven't done that yet. I still typically just use my PRGR radar. What's the process there - do you launch the FS Golf app and then the Stack app? Or does the Stack app do it directly, and you just connect to the WiFi and run the Stack app?

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yeah, I haven't done that yet. I still typically just use my PRGR radar. What's the process there - do you launch the FS Golf app and then the Stack app? Or does the Stack app do it directly, and you just connect to the WiFi and run the Stack app?

This is the link for a short video on the stack website for linking the two. It looks like you connect to the mevo+ wifi signal through the stack app. My stack hardware hasn't arrived yet, so I don't have a serial number to activate the app to test it out. It looks pretty straightforward from the video. The mevo+ is the only launch monitor I own at this point. If it becomes burdensome, I'll look into getting a PRGR.

https://www.thestacksystem.com/pages/mevo-stack-app-integration

• Thumbs Up 2

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Bunkerblaster said:

This is the link for a short video on the stack website for linking the two. It looks like you connect to the mevo+ wifi signal through the stack app. My stack hardware hasn't arrived yet, so I don't have a serial number to activate the app to test it out. It looks pretty straightforward from the video. The mevo+ is the only launch monitor I own at this point. If it becomes burdensome, I'll look into getting a PRGR.

https://www.thestacksystem.com/pages/mevo-stack-app-integration

Thank you. And I've heard from others it works really well, I just haven't done it (Stack) in awhile, so I haven't done it yet. Cool that you connect directly. The "listening" stuff is fine, but sometimes it mis-hears things and then fixing it takes you out of the flow and can be a small pain in the butt.

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

Thank you. And I've heard from others it works really well, I just haven't done it (Stack) in awhile, so I haven't done it yet. Cool that you connect directly. The "listening" stuff is fine, but sometimes it mis-hears things and then fixing it takes you out of the flow and can be a small pain in the butt.

I'm a general contractor,  so I'm used to huge pains in the butt!

• 3 weeks later...

Just placed my order for the Stack system with the promo code.  I've done super speed off on for a few years, looking forward to mixing things up and trying the features of the app and this system.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Just placed my order with IACAS as well. Thanks for the discount!

Excited to get this and get started.

Hoping to gain about 5mph swing and 3+mph on ball so that I can get my sustained swing speed higher than 120mph and ball speeds in the 170+ range

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, klineka said:

Hoping to gain about 5mph swing and 3+mph on ball so that I can get my sustained swing speed higher than 120mph and ball speeds in the 170+ range

Thanks! You'll love it.

Did you get the two numbers backward? 🙂 I hope your ball speed doesn't only go up 3 MPH if your clubhead speed goes up 5. 😄

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Thanks! You'll love it.

Did you get the two numbers backward? 🙂 I hope your ball speed doesn't only go up 3 MPH if your clubhead speed goes up 5. 😄

Well right now my swing speed average is right at 115 and ball speed average is 167 so 120+ club and 170+ ball are where I want to be going into next season

I don't want to use this thread to speak about myself too much, but I wanted to write a quick update about my experience with the Stack System so far.

It really is awesome and addictive. In just 2-3 weeks I went from a distance potential of 220* to 273. My stock driver went from 94 to 97 mph (and both swings felt exactly the same). I'm not sure what my max intent swing speed went to because I wasn't really tracking that, but I'm sure it went a lot higher than what it was at the start (hence the 273 distance potential on a single swing).

The only downside was I probably gained too much too quickly. I tweaked my right wrist during a workout which was obviously concerning so I had to shut down the speed training for a while. It took about four weeks to heal, and I'm back now, but I'm only working on sequencing at the moment -- which is fine since improving sequencing is incredibly important to swing speed anyway.

My fairway finder, controlled driver swing was going like 220 when I started and now goes like 238, 239 yards. So that's pretty cool. I'm excited to get back into the Stack, but this time, I'm going to be far more diligent about defining what "max intent" means to me. I was definitely going beyond that. I'm better off progressing more slowly with a lower intensity max intent so I don't tweak something again.

Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way in this game, but thankfully, it appears I got off easy here. Hopefully I restart the program within the next thirty days. It definitely works.

* for some reason, my initial distance potential was only 220, even though I know my good ones went as far as 250. But hey, that's what the numbers said in the Stack app, so....

Edited by JetFan1983
  • Thumbs Up 3

Constantine

48 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

My fairway finder, controlled driver swing was going like 220 when I started and now goes like 238, 239 yards. So that's pretty cool.

Damn

Vishal S.

12 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Damn

I probably should've added that I got a mevo+ during this time frame as well, making it easy for me to monitor angle of attack, swing speed, path, and face to path. That's probably contributed some to the improvements. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

• Administrator
1 hour ago, klineka said:

Well right now my swing speed average is right at 115 and ball speed average is 167 so 120+ club and 170+ ball are where I want to be going into next season

My point was that +5 MPH in clubhead speed should be +7 MPH ball speed, not less. Unless you're planning to make much poorer contact. 😄