IGNORED

The Stack System - A Conversation on Gaining Swing Speed

iacas

58 minutes ago, iacas said:

Chet jumped the gun a bit.

thumb-thumbSC200_400px_400x400.jpg

Portable Launch Monitor Swing Speed Mode NEW You can measure and practice swing speed without hitting the ball Loft Angle Selectable Voice Distance Output Barometric Pressure Calibration Carry Distance, Swing...
  • Swing Speed Mode NEW
    • You can measure and practice swing speed without hitting the ball

Anyway, no, I've not used it. I have a PRGR and a Mevo+ (and a Sports Sensor).

Oops, my bad. I didn't even realize you said plus... or that there even was a plus. 

My bad. I haven't used the plus. Only the regular. Sorry about that. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 hours ago, markya68 said:

I was told by Sasko that the SC200+ works best up to 105mph swing speed, and PRGR above. That’s probably what I’m most interested in as I’d hope that in the future with Stack I’d get my swing speed up to the 105mph range. Here in Europe the PRGR is about 120 dollars cheaper than the SC200+. I know I have to speak the speed into the app with PRGR. Just curious to opinions on both before I buy one. Should ask, does one work better with the Stack.

I'm pretty happy with the PRGR. It ONLY measures speeds (ball, club), and kinda estimates distance. But it's good for slower speeds, too, IMO. Why limit yourself to 105 and spend more money?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm pretty happy with the PRGR. It ONLY measures speeds (ball, club), and kinda estimates distance. But it's good for slower speeds, too, IMO. Why limit yourself to 105 and spend more money?

So the PRGR is what you use with the Stack? You tell the Stack app the swing speed, and it reacts well? I’ve read reviews that the it’s pretty accurate for its cost.

Edited by markya68

• Administrator
1 hour ago, markya68 said:

So the PRGR is what you use with the Stack? You tell the Stack app the swing speed, and it reacts well? I’ve read reviews that the it’s pretty accurate for its cost.

I have. Now I’d just use the Mevo+.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Had a bit of a slower session on Saturday but bounced back nicely today with new PRs.

Stack speed up 12mph overall to 109 and eSpeed up 13mph overall to 118.

Distance potential is up to 331.

I'm through 10 of 18 sessions in the Foundation program.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1mph PRs today, Stack Speed up 13mph overall to 110mph and eSpeed up 14mph overall to 119.

Distance potential up to 336.

13 of 18 sessions completed

21 hours ago, klineka said:

1mph PRs today, Stack Speed up 13mph overall to 110mph and eSpeed up 14mph overall to 119.

Distance potential up to 336.

13 of 18 sessions completed

I for one appreciate you updating us. The knock on these types of products has always been it is hard to maintain it over time. I am interested in watching your progress over time (also finding out if you hit a 336 yard drive 😀)

Michael

2 hours ago, mchepp said:

I for one appreciate you updating us. The knock on these types of products has always been it is hard to maintain it over time. I am interested in watching your progress over time (also finding out if you hit a 336 yard drive 😀)

Haha I highly doubt I have a 336yd drive in me, but the eSpeed feels about right. I did a bit of speed testing today into my simulator in my garage with Mevo+ and my 3woods were 113-114mph clubhead and low-mid 150 ball speeds carrying 235-240+yds so it seems reasonable that'd I'd be close to 119 with driver. Don't fully trust myself to swing driver in the garage due to ceiling height and me being pretty tall, I'll try to get out to the range sometime soon and see where I'm at with driver speed.

One thing I am curious about regarding The Stack System is what program it will recommend for me to do next once I'm done with the foundation, and how the style/design of the other programs vary from the foundation one.

11 minutes ago, klineka said:

I did a bit of speed testing today into my simulator in my garage with Mevo+ and my 3woods were 113-114mph clubhead and low-mid 150 ball speeds

I would think.................... correction, I am certain your smash factor is better than that. 

Vishal S.

7 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I would think.................... correction, I am certain your smash factor is better than that. 

There's been some wonky stuff lately with some firmware updates of the Mevo+, quite a bit of complaining in various Facebook groups about lower than normal ball speeds so possibly might be related to that. Plus I'm right at 8 feet ball to screen which is the bare minimum.  

Went to the range over the weekend and took the Mevo+, averaged 117mph clubhead and topped out at 122 with driver so I'd say at least for myself the driver eSpeed is pretty accurate.

Hard to read too much into other aspects like carry, smash factor, and spin since the range balls at this particular range are pretty poor even with using the range ball setting on the Mevo+

Once my home course officially opens their range for the season I'll get a better gauge because they have higher quality balls that aren't limited flight and spin the usual amount. 

3 sessions left of Foundation so should be finishing that up this week.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the Foundation program at 111mph stack speed and 120mph eSpeed. Did the recommended progress check and took the recommended number of days off.

The program it recommended for me next is Full Speed Spectrum. 

So far I have done 2 sessions of Full Speed Spectrum. Stack Speed (106mph) and eSpeed (115mph) are both down 5mph compared to where I ended the Foundation program, but they're still faster than I was through my first 2 sessions of Foundation, so it seems like I might have raised my "baseline" a little bit which is encouraging, since I know that peak speed can vary quite a bit day to day.

Not too worried yet about the slight decrease, just going to trust the program and keep putting in the work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used the deal on this website and purchased the Stack system.  My 4th session, and 3rd Foundation will happen tonight.

Initial thoughts:

• Great system!
  • I am a big dynamic warmup person for all sports, and this warmup is much more intense than anything I have done
  • In January, my driver swing speed was around 104-105 at the end of my range session. I hit the longest drive of my life on the 1st hole at my regular club in February 
  • with Stack, so far, my swing speed is 98- a significant drop. Due to family issues I have not been able to practice beyond putting and chipping at home since my last round 
  • I am swinging a little differently with the Stack, or it feels different. I have been working on rotation since my last lesson in July, and this swing feels like I am using more arms
  • play on Sunday and will be able to compare my distances then to see if swing speed dropped to the Stack measurement!
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Newbie to the group and I’ve read through this thread about the Stack System. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on the Stack and a PRGR radar. Would appreciate thoughts from the folks here on two things. 

• Is the PRGR a good fit for the Stack?
  • Has anyone seen long term speed / distance increases?

Right now my driver speed average 88 and distance is 190 carry / 210 total. Thanks in advance!

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2+

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, ChiTown said:

Hello! Newbie to the group and I’ve read through this thread about the Stack System. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on the Stack and a PRGR radar. Would appreciate thoughts from the folks here on two things. 

• Is the PRGR a good fit for the Stack?
  • Has anyone seen long term speed / distance increases?

Right now my driver speed average 88 and distance is 190 carry / 210 total. Thanks in advance!

PRGR is great for the Stack. So is a Mevo+, but obviously with a bit more cost (but also more functionality).

Many have seen long-term speed increases, yes. Heck, Matt Fitzpatrick has done so. It goes away if you stop using it, but what's great about the Stack is that it customizes what you need to you, and you can do in-season work, training work, all kinds of different programs.

Use the referral codes on the site. You're new, but you'll find I don't set up referrals unless I absolutely believe in the product(s). My reputation is not worth the few bucks I make in referrals.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea, like any other sort of weightlifting. Speed is in the spectrum of weight lifting with power, endurance and muscle size. You have your baseline speed, and you can train to be faster, but you also will loose it if you do not maintain it. 

It is much more important as we age because fast twitch muscle fiber loss is at a higher rate than slow twitch muscle fiber loss. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Halfway through my 2nd phase of The Stack, not seeing as big of gains this time around but it does look like my baseline speed is still up/slowly increasing.

I've gotten a bit quicker with my actual driver at the range, a couple days ago I averaged 119mph (+2mph) and peaked at 125 (+3mph) over 15 swings with 5 of those 15 swings being faster than my previous peak swing back in late Feb

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Halfway through my 2nd phase of The Stack, not seeing as big of gains this time around but it does look like my baseline speed is still up/slowly increasing.

I've gotten a bit quicker with my actual driver at the range, a couple days ago I averaged 119mph (+2mph) and peaked at 125 (+3mph) over 15 swings with 5 of those 15 swings being faster than my previous peak swing back in late Feb

Thanks @klineka  If I can raise my driver speed 5mph (from 90-95) and maintain it, that would be huge for my game 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2+

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black