IGNORED

MLB Playoffs 2021

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don’t know if there is much interest for baseball here on The Sand Trap, but I thought I start a thread.

I’ve never seen this happen before even in a regular season game. The Red Sox hit a grand slam two innings in a row against Houston. Their starter, Garcia, loaded the bases with a double and two walks. Then J D Martinez striped a hit over the right field fence.

At the top of the second, Garcia walked the first batter and apparently got hurt. Houston brought in Odorizzi, who then took 20 minutes to get warm, which is allowed by rule. He then loaded the bases and Devers hooked a slider just inside the right field foul pole for grand slam number two. Bizarre start to a Championship Series game.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty much something like that has to happen to make baseball worth watching. Shame though, game over by 2nd inning so 7 innings of boredom to follow. 😳

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

A great win for the Braves. And they finally won again in Dodger Stadium. Rosairo had a fantastic night at the plate with two 2-run homers.

On 10/17/2021 at 1:09 PM, boogielicious said:

I don’t know if there is much interest for baseball here on The Sand Trap, but I thought I start a thread.

I’ve never seen this happen before even in a regular season game. The Red Sox hit a grand slam two innings in a row against Houston. Their starter, Garcia, loaded the bases with a double and two walks. Then J D Martinez striped a hit over the right field fence.

At the top of the second, Garcia walked the first batter and apparently got hurt. Houston brought in Odorizzi, who then took 20 minutes to get warm, which is allowed by rule. He then loaded the bases and Devers hooked a slider just inside the right field foul pole for grand slam number two. Bizarre start to a Championship Series game.

Grand slams are rare enough. Two in back-to-back innings is a feat.

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, WilliamB said:

Irony that the Braves are in the WS after the Allstar game was taken from them.

How do you figure that's irony?

58 minutes ago, WilliamB said:

Although, I like the 'Stro's as well.

So, you like a bunch of cheats?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

How do you figure that's irony?

Irony: "an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected."

The AS game was taken for "p*******" reasons, so contrary to their attempts, they got the more important WS games being played back in Atlanta.

As far as cheating, how many teams have done unscrupulous activities that have not been caught. Besides, only a handful of those players are still on the team. I am a believer of forgive and forget, and not stigmatizing a person or entity eternally. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, WilliamB said:

Irony: "an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected."

The AS game was taken for "p*******" reasons, so contrary to their attempts, they got the more important WS games being played back in Atlanta.

Yeah, that's not ironic.

The ASG is arbitrary. It's a decision.

Who plays in the WS is by team merit.

This outcome is exactly what would have been expected because they won the games they needed to win.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A great win for the Braves last night. In the first inning it looked like it was going to be a groaner with one out and bases loaded and Lee throwing nothing near the strike zone. But the Braves were able to pull it off.

Holy sh*t, that home run by Soler in the 3rd inning. I love playoff baseball.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Blow out.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Blow out.

They all hurt but I think blow outs are a bit easier to get over than close games. 

I have bunch of friends and family in Houston who all are rabid Astros fans. Their FB pages have gone quiet as you would expect. I didn't have a horse in the race nor am I a huge baseball fan, but my son really loves baseball and was massively into the WS rooting for the Braves. He fell asleep in the 4th inning last night but it seemed the ship had sailed for the Astros in the 3rd inning. 

It was a fun series to watch. Congrats to the Braves! I hope the Astros can live through their 'cheats' moniker to keep doing well. I am in the camp that feels what one team did is not unique to them. IMO, it never is. 

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, WilliamB said:

sweet revenge

🤦‍♂️

23 minutes ago, WilliamB said:

Glad Atlanta won, sweet revenge for having the all-star taken from the people of Atlanta. 

Revenge? For this?

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," Manfred said in his statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft.

"Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box. In 2020, MLB became the first professional sports league to join the non-partisan Civic Alliance to help build a future in which everyone participates in shaping the United States. We proudly used our platform to encourage baseball fans and communities throughout our country to perform their civic duty and actively participate in the voting process. Fair access to voting continues to have our game's unwavering support."

Give me a break dude. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Do people actually care about ALL STAR game in baseball? I mean it’s not even a big deal in football. I know baseball is much more of a cult with their obnoxious schedules in little league and high school…but All Star? Lol…who cares?

On 10/24/2021 at 11:35 AM, iacas said:

I was "rooting" for Atlanta as well and this was the main driving factor.  (I use quotes because when my team isn't involved - which is always 😉 - I switch alliances constantly.  Really I'm rooting for close games and long, close series, so I'm usually always rooting for whoever's behind at any given time)

That said, at this point, there is not that much left of that 2017 team but the clothes.  One of the supposed architects of the scandal is the manager of the Red Sox, and one of their star pitchers was the ace of the Braves.  Still very easy to root against Bregman, Correa, Altuve and especially racist POS Gurriel, though. 🙂

Happy for Freddie Freeman and clan.

Note: This thread is 897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!