Wordle Daily Puzzle

iacas

Wordle 1,207 4/6

🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iacas

• DeadMan

• boogielicious

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wordle 1,208 5/6*

🟧
🟧
🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Ugh! 3 bogeys in a row. 

• Administrator

Wordle 1,208 4/6*

🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wordle 1,208 5/6*

🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Edited by WillieT

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Wordle 1,208 6/6

🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Wordle 1,208 6/6

🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: Paradym 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
3 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Pinned RF

Wordle 1,208 6/6

🟨🟩
🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Wordle 1,208 5/6

🟨
🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
    • No, it doesn't. Your "version" if you want to call it that just makes a pretty simple statement and complicates it. They have nothing to do with "being in a simulator" or not. I disagree I think they led to a lot of golfers hitting the tree or bush directly in front of them. Golfers had to actively learn to do something different than what the "old" ball flight "thoughts" (you can't really call them laws) said. So again… so what? The golfer has to make the ball go to the target. I don't see any advantages to viewing it that way. The face is still left of the target, dragged there a little bit by the path, but it's still closed to where the golfer is trying to hit the ball. It has to be, because given the path… it's going to curve right. I disagree it's "open relative to the golfer". The golfer is rotating around faster than he can process, and golfers who then try to "close" the face often do so incorrectly. That's simply not true. You can heel it. And you're leaning heavily on "relative to you as the golfer." What if your stance is open? Etc. The only true landmarks are the target, so basing everything on things that are rotating seems like folly to me. Additionally, your feet don't really move, and your pelvis, chest, and shoulders are all pointing in very different directions throughout the golf swing. That strikes me as needlessly backward. To hit a functional push-draw, we must deliver a face that's slightly right of target, and a path that's a bit farther right than that. Every golfer is a bit different. Some definitely benefit from "fixing the face" first, but some will benefit from just understanding the path and how it needs to change. The golfer's swing isn't fixed, so I disagree that it's "way clearer" or even "a little bit clearer." If you want to think of it this way, go for it. And in a lesson, we get into the details a little bit. But there's no doubt to me having had you explain this a bit more that your way needlessly complicates the simple sentence that explains the physics behind the ball flight (leaving aside the gear effect). I can tell a 12-year-old that the ball starts where the face is pointing and curves away from the path, and they can grip the clubface a little more closed to get through the round where they're hitting straight slices before looking for a bigger fix after the round.
    • To answer "so what?", it's to make it easier to diagnose swing problems. As you describe, the current ball flight laws are perfect, if you're trying to model ball flight in a simulator. Ironically the old ball flight laws, while wrong, did a better job of explaining how ball flight feels relative to a golfer's swing.  Essentially all I've done is explain the ball flight laws relative to the golfers swing, instead of relative to the target. Following this actually gives pretty different results: For example, following the modified ball flight laws I mentioned above, a slice is caused by an open clubface (relative to the golfer) and a pull is caused by an out-to-in swing path. You will never slice the ball if you have a closed clubface relative to you as the golfer. This is the same in the new ball flight laws, but is less obvious. It's also not obvious the role of your swing path. The reason an in-to-out path is desirable if you want to hit a draw, is that it's the only way to get the ball to start right of target without slicing it (i.e. open clubface). As for this being complicated, I disagree: Current laws: Start direction = absolute clubface direction  Spin = relative clubface direction My version: Start direction = relative clubface direction + path Spin = relative clubface direction  As above, all I'm doing is explaining the ball flight laws in terms relative to the golfer's swing instead of relative to the target. But doing this makes it way clearer what part of the swing is causing what movement.
    • @Jim Venetos is not worth the time. He plays 142 x 3 shots with his pitching wedge? Okay, what's the technique difference between his 125-yard shot and his 124-yard shot and his 126-yard shot? Oh, there is none, and he's nowhere near precise enough to hit those carry yardages to ± 0.5 yards anyway? So you play 142 x 3 = 426 shots with your pitching wedge but only four with your driver, Jim? That's the critique: not worth the time.
    • Wordle 1,208 5/6 ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩 ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...