IGNORED

Callaway Maverick SS20 Driver

Note: This thread is 801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• phillyk changed the title to Callaway Maverick Ss20 Driver
  • iacas changed the title to Callaway Maverick SS20 Driver
49 minutes ago, juli_hoop said:

Do all Mavrik drivers come with the SS20 flash face? Purchased one online and mine only says flash face on it? Does not say the “SS20” part. Does that matter at all? 

I'm not Callaway expert. But all the ones I've seen and all the pictures I've seen have the SS20 on it. 

reviewface.jpg.b40d5bd0c74ea25581c2f1c58811dfde.jpg

With just a bit of time on the internet. It appears as though the last Callaway driver that wasn't SS20 was the Epic Flash, which came out in 2019. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you may have gotten a very good counterfeit. You should check into it.

Callaway-Epic-Flash-Epic-Flash-Sub-Zero-600x523.jpg.b413fb80c875b5ece74f6304c40bfde0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, juli_hoop said:

Do all Mavrik drivers come with the SS20 flash face? Purchased one online and mine only says flash face on it? Does not say the “SS20” part. Does that matter at all? 

You got a pic?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

This is your choice. But I would be concerned. 

Callaway's webpage says all Mavrik drivers come with a SS20 flash face. 

drivers-2020-mavrik____1.png

Our fastest driver featuring an all-new Cyclone Aero shape for reduced drag.

I think if it were me I'd take it back to Dick's and let them know. Perhaps there's a simple explanation, but the only one that I can think of is that you got a very good counterfeit. You could also try getting in touch with Callaway. 

The Callaway Men's Mavrik 22 Driver has the Flash Face. I was looking at this driver on TGW and sure enough that is what they show on the face. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

The Callaway Men's Mavrik 22 Driver has the Flash Face. I was looking at this driver on TGW and sure enough that is what they show on the face. 

So what’s the difference? Or is there a difference between the two faces? If there is I think callaway is pulling some markets gimmicks here. 

If i had to guess it is just a retread on driver at a cheaper price point. $299. Callaway has done this in the past on irons that I can remember. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

If i had to guess it is just a retread on driver at a cheaper price point. $299. Callaway has done this in the past on irons that I can remember. 

They’re probably trying to compete neither PXG. $299 for the new PXG XF driver, which is an excellent driver, who wants to shell out $529?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Dick’s, Golf Galaxy, perfect place to dump a counterfeit club on a trade because most of the employees are either young kids or peope that couldn’t care less.  Nobody cares to check to see if it’s real or not.  You buy one dirt cheap from Aliexpress and turn around and trade it in for more money than you paid.

Unfortunately, someone looking for a used driver ends up buying it.

11 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

@jmanbooyaa Looks like you solved the mystery. 

@juli_hoop What shaft is in it?

It looks like the original Mavrik came with the SS20 face. But then there's something called the Mavrik 22 which has the face you got. The Mavrik 22 has a Project X Hazrdus T800 shaft. 
The original Mavrik (with the SS20 face) came standard with one of these shafts: Either the UST Helium Black graphite, The Project X Even Flow Riptide graphite or The Aldila Rogue White graphite.

So, If you have a Hazrdus T800 shaft, that means you've got the Mavrik 22. 

If you have one of the other shafts mentioned, you may have gotten some sort of bastardized version of a Mavrik.

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

It looks like the original Mavrik came with the SS20 face. But then there's something called the Mavrik 22 which has the face you got. The Mavrik 22 has a Project X Hazrdus T800 shaft. 
The original Mavrik (with the SS20 face) came standard with one of these shafts: Either the UST Helium Black graphite, The Project X Even Flow Riptide graphite or The Aldila Rogue White graphite.

If you have one of the other shafts mentioned, you may have gotten some sort of bastardized version of a Mavrik.

Shafts are pretty easy to change these days.

I haven’t seen anything about this particular club to make me think it’s counterfeit.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Sounds like I got a bastardized version then. Looks like I got the mavrik22 club head, with project x evenflow riptide 50 shaft. They even gave me the epic head cover. This order is all over the wrong place. 

Was this a new club you purchased online? 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

With those scratches on face you didn’t get a new club. Sounds like a return bait and switch that no one knew when restocking.  Was the head wrapped? Stickers still on shaft?

• Thumbs Up 1

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

6 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

With those scratches on face you didn’t get a new club. Sounds like a return bait and switch that no one knew when restocking.  Was the head wrapped? Stickers still on shaft?

Yes, head and shaft were wrapped. It definitely doesn’t look new and it’s not what I ordered so I’ll be returning it soon. I got the wrong head club( mavrik22) and wrong head cover (epic instead of mavrik). No tool, no instructions on adjustments, not even in a callaway box. Like you mentioned it sounds like a bait and switch. I’m just glad I found this forum before it was too late to return it. Thanks for all the help! 

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!