IGNORED

Falcon Fire in Kissimmee (Orlando)

Headed out to Orland this June. Falcon Fire (https://www.falconsfire.com/) was recommended but I'm not seeing a lot of activity on their social accounts, for anyone in the area or recently visited, how is the course and conditions?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Everardo said:

Headed out to Orland this June. Falcon Fire (https://www.falconsfire.com/) was recommended but I'm not seeing a lot of activity on their social accounts, for anyone in the area or recently visited, how is the course and conditions?

I haven’t played it since last year but I drive by it 2-3 times a week. Looks to be fine to me. Nice little track. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I cannot comment on the conditions as I have not played there in a few years, but its a course I have played 4 or 5 times. I keep returning there when I visit Orlando because it's a fun course, they always have availability, and it's reasonably priced. It's always been in decent shape as well. I really enjoy it, there is a lot of water in play, but it's not terribly difficult. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I've played it once in 2018. One of the easiest (and hence a fun) tracks I've played in Orlando. Can't comment on how good a shape it is in now. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

@Everardo Tell ya what…I’ll go by there tomorrow and give you any info I dig up. 😃

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

@Everardo Tell ya what…I’ll go by there tomorrow and give you any info I dig up. 😃

Awesome! Thank you!

Since you're in the area though. I have two days to play two different courses. Some recommended Falcon, Disney Buena and Orange National. So if I only had two courses to play in the area, would recommend any 2 over others?

OCN Crooked Cat or Panther Lake. Both great courses. Panther Lake probably a bit more challenging. Disney BV a good track. Being that it’s Disney they do a good job of keeping the pace up to speed. You’d probably have more tee time options at Falcon Fire but honestly I’d put Disney and OCN over Falcon.

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't played in Orland in like 8 years.

Here is a short list of courses I remember playing. 

OCN Panther
Falcon's Fire
Celebration
Southern Dunes
Champions Gate - National & International

I remember not hating Falcon's Fire, so it was probably good. The one's I didn't like so much was Champion's Gate National. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

14 hours ago, Everardo said:

Awesome! Thank you!

Since you're in the area though. I have two days to play two different courses. Some recommended Falcon, Disney Buena and Orange National. So if I only had two courses to play in the area, would recommend any 2 over others?

I've played both courses at OCN and they are really good. I would highly recommend them, they are a lot of fun. They regularly host the PGA Tour (now Korn Ferry) Q-School. In fact the last time I played there it was right after Q-School and the place was immaculate. 

25 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I remember not hating Falcon's Fire, so it was probably good. The one's I didn't like so much was Champion's Gate National. 

I played Champions Gate when I was in Orlando last time. It was very average, especially for they price. I equate it to muni golf at resort prices. I was not in great shape and the layout was forgettable at best.

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I liked both Falcons Fire and Celebration as well. The price and tee time options for both were goid too.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Everardo Hey! So I went by Falcon Fire today. It looks to be in fine shape and quite a few players were out there. You will enjoy it should you choose to play it!

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if you have time but Southern Dunes is a track. One of my favorites around. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

5 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Not sure if you have time but Southern Dunes is a track. One of my favorites around. 

Heard good things and considered it but we had to skip that one this trip 😕

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Everardo said:

Heard good things and considered it but we had to skip that one this trip 😕

That is the course we staid on when we did our golf trip to Orlando like 8 years ago. I really like that course. Fair, but you really have to figure out how to play it due to the amount of bunkers on the course. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 9 months later...

I realise this a bit of a thread resurrection, but I have just returned from a trip to Orlando with the wife and kids and another family. I played Celebration and Falcons Fire( twice each). Chose these courses for the simple reason they were less than ten minutes from our apartment ( Regal Oaks in Kissimmee). Played all our rounds at 7am ish and both courses were pretty much full all morning. (Celebration was completely full both days) 
FF was in good overall condition apart from two greens which were recovering from some disease and had been partially re-turfed. Apart from that it was presented nicely. Greens were slower than I expected( I guess about a 9-9.5)
Celebration was in fantastic condition, the greens were smoother and faster than FF( about a 10.5 ) and they sped up more as the sun sparked up. They were slippy by the back nine. Everything was just a bit more pristine. 
I played each off the second to back tees the first time and each off the tips the second time.
I preferred Celebration, but that’s maybe because I holed a shit load of putts both times. Celebration was $30 more a round, and I reckon that’s a fair premium. Both good mornings out and still time to meet the family for an afternoon at a theme park. 
My favourite part of the trip was non golf related. I dropped off the youngest and the wife at Disney then spent the day at Kennedy space Center. Awesome!!!

Stevie T

Damn it @Beastie…I live in Celebration! Hell chances are I was there when you played! Lol. Well, glad you enjoyed it. The grounds crew has been at it hard for a while now. The course is packed pretty solid this time of the year. Glad you had a good time.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Damn it @Beastie…I live in Celebration! Hell chances are I was there when you played! Lol. Well, glad you enjoyed it. The grounds crew has been at it hard for a while now. The course is packed pretty solid this time of the year. Glad you had a good time.

What a nice place to live! Some cracking houses around the property. Also a really nice course. We went and fetched the families after our second round and we all had a nice lunch in the clubhouse.
Weather was great last week too. We just got back to the North of England and it’s about 40 degrees. 

Stevie T