IGNORED

Falcon Fire in Kissimmee (Orlando)

Headed out to Orland this June. Falcon Fire (https://www.falconsfire.com/) was recommended but I'm not seeing a lot of activity on their social accounts, for anyone in the area or recently visited, how is the course and conditions?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Everardo said:

Headed out to Orland this June. Falcon Fire (https://www.falconsfire.com/) was recommended but I'm not seeing a lot of activity on their social accounts, for anyone in the area or recently visited, how is the course and conditions?

I haven’t played it since last year but I drive by it 2-3 times a week. Looks to be fine to me. Nice little track. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I cannot comment on the conditions as I have not played there in a few years, but its a course I have played 4 or 5 times. I keep returning there when I visit Orlando because it's a fun course, they always have availability, and it's reasonably priced. It's always been in decent shape as well. I really enjoy it, there is a lot of water in play, but it's not terribly difficult. 

• Thumbs Up 1

(edited)

I've played it once in 2018. One of the easiest (and hence a fun) tracks I've played in Orlando. Can't comment on how good a shape it is in now. 

Edited by GolfLug

@Everardo Tell ya what…I’ll go by there tomorrow and give you any info I dig up. 😃

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

@Everardo Tell ya what…I’ll go by there tomorrow and give you any info I dig up. 😃

Awesome! Thank you!

Since you're in the area though. I have two days to play two different courses. Some recommended Falcon, Disney Buena and Orange National. So if I only had two courses to play in the area, would recommend any 2 over others?

OCN Crooked Cat or Panther Lake. Both great courses. Panther Lake probably a bit more challenging. Disney BV a good track. Being that it’s Disney they do a good job of keeping the pace up to speed. You’d probably have more tee time options at Falcon Fire but honestly I’d put Disney and OCN over Falcon.

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't played in Orland in like 8 years.

Here is a short list of courses I remember playing. 

OCN Panther
Falcon's Fire
Celebration
Southern Dunes
Champions Gate - National & International

I remember not hating Falcon's Fire, so it was probably good. The one's I didn't like so much was Champion's Gate National. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Everardo said:

Awesome! Thank you!

Since you're in the area though. I have two days to play two different courses. Some recommended Falcon, Disney Buena and Orange National. So if I only had two courses to play in the area, would recommend any 2 over others?

I've played both courses at OCN and they are really good. I would highly recommend them, they are a lot of fun. They regularly host the PGA Tour (now Korn Ferry) Q-School. In fact the last time I played there it was right after Q-School and the place was immaculate. 

25 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I remember not hating Falcon's Fire, so it was probably good. The one's I didn't like so much was Champion's Gate National. 

I played Champions Gate when I was in Orlando last time. It was very average, especially for they price. I equate it to muni golf at resort prices. I was not in great shape and the layout was forgettable at best.

• Like 1

I liked both Falcons Fire and Celebration as well. The price and tee time options for both were goid too.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Everardo Hey! So I went by Falcon Fire today. It looks to be in fine shape and quite a few players were out there. You will enjoy it should you choose to play it!

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Not sure if you have time but Southern Dunes is a track. One of my favorites around. 

Heard good things and considered it but we had to skip that one this trip 😕

2 minutes ago, Everardo said:

Heard good things and considered it but we had to skip that one this trip 😕

That is the course we staid on when we did our golf trip to Orlando like 8 years ago. I really like that course. Fair, but you really have to figure out how to play it due to the amount of bunkers on the course.