IGNORED

Need a 3- Or 4-Hybrid

I’m in the market for a 3 or 4 hybrid, to replace my 3 and 4 irons… I’m currently playing callaway rogue irons… My handicap is around 5 if that matters. Y’all point me in the direction of a great hybrid club..

• iacas changed the title to Need a 3- Or 4-Hybrid

What sort of budget are you considering?  Are you looking to buy new or used?  Name brand or other (such as component clubs)?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, Shindig said:

What sort of budget are you considering?  Are you looking to buy new or used?  Name brand or other (such as component clubs)?

It will be a new club, no budget in mind.. 

I suggest going to get fit. That way you can try multiple models of clubs on a launch monitor and see which head and shaft combination gives you the best result for your swing and gapping.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I have a Cobra Baffler 4 hybrid in my bag, and that is one of my best clubs.  Enough loft to get the ball airborne and the T-rails underneath ensure I get decent contact in most lies.  Plus, a Cobra hybrid would probably go well with your Cobra irons

• Like 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I've been playing the Cobra Speedzone 4H & 5H. (2020 model). I like them. Very easy to hit. The newer models have gotten great reviews. The loft of a 3H gets a little iffy for me due to my swing speed - I do better with a 5W.

However, at your HC I would assume you make better contact with the ball than I do. Callaway still makes the Epic Super Hybrid and they're marked down. Also have you thought about the 18 degree Cleveland Hy-Wood and a 21-22 degree hybrid?

Ping G425 although they're $300 now. They're very good. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

My son had a club fitting today and he loved the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid. He is going to replace his 3W with a 5H Super Hybrid. The fitter said Callaway has ended production of this club and will sell them at the discounted price, which still seems kind of high to me, until they are all gone.

War Eagle!

I carry a three and four hybrid. Both are Tour Edge. I switched to those from Callaway and have never looked back. High and long.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white)