IGNORED

How Do You Track Your Stats?

Javaman
Note: This thread is 3625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Scorecard is great... you can do everything in 2-3 boxes on the scorecard and have loads of helpful info.

I do wonder how you can possibly forget the number of strokes it takes you per hole... once in a great while I need to count, but still...

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

If you have a Blackberry, download wireless18.com on it and use that to keep your score. It will automatically keep track of your GIR, Fhits and so on. I used this in combination with Scorecard as in: I use my Blackberry during the round and then enter the data into scorecard afterwards.

I always track FIRs, GIRs, Putts and Score on my scorecard (I also make a note if I lost a ball or took penalty on hole). For each hole I use these markings inside the score box for that hole:

Uppper left corner - A dot if I hit the fairway.
Lower left corner - An 'x' if I hit the green.
Upper right corder - the number of putts.
Lower right corner - 'L' for lost ball/'O' for OB/'P' for penalty.
Then obviously, the score in the middle of this stuff.

These markings are easy to read and since I've been using this system 7-8 years now I always remember what each marking means and where it goes. Sometimes when I play by myself I'll keep additional stuff in the other boxes on the score card such as driving distance (I carry GPS), Up and Downs, Sand Saves, club hit, etc. I only usually track these extras if I'm working on something new or having an issue in a particular area.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

You could waste $30 on the scorecard software. Personally, I follow system like what PiKapp has and then enter them into excel. I keep my handicap with a USGA program online.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

The on-line handicap program that I use allows me to print a "stats" scorecard for use during the round.

www.ushandicap.com

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I created my own scorecard with places to enter that info in Excel. I just print it off before I go to the course and have my own score card. I tend to play the same 4 or 5 courses all the time so it wasn't much effort.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I'll use 2 or 3 boxes for my score. The top box is my score for the hole. The next box down I'll put in one corner an "F" - fairway hit, "L" - missed left, "R" missed right. Beside that I record the number of putts. In the box below that I'll record any sand shots or penalty strokes. You don't need to record GIR because knowing your number of putts and par for the hole tells you if you made it on in or below regulation. I record all that after I finish a hole and it only takes a few moments more to do it compared to recording just my score. The only hitch to doing this is when playing with a group and in that case I'll keep my own score card with my data for my own use after the round.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I print a scorecard from the program Scorecard and write down the stats as I play. That is mostly on the courses I play often. When I travel I usually write my fairway and green hits on the marker slot. I also note the amount of putts. Those three are what I consider the most important stats.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I mark my score in one row, my putts in another, and G.I.R in another. I mark the G.I.R's with an X or a check

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I use oobgolf.com. I'll either enter the data online hole by hole via my phone or use a paper scorecard similar to others here to enter the pertinent stats.

They make these log books called a Round File that helps you keep track of all your stats. I live by it. You can usually pick them up at any golf store.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

I use oobgolf.com. I'll either enter the data online hole by hole via my phone or use a paper scorecard similar to others here to enter the pertinent stats.

I too use oobgolf.com! Pretty slick system especially if you use it on your iphone - you can automatically upload from your iphone to oobgolf. Simple as total score or more detailed fairways hit, putts, bunkers, club used off tee, penalties etc. And it graphs your previous scores if you have history on the same course. And gives you a handicap which is almost identical to my GHIN index.

"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them."
- Jimmy Demaret

i use the program on my ipod touch called teeshot its pretty sweet keeps all your stats, and even has graphs of your scores and calculates your handicap

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Here's a book on this subject that I just read some info on:

http://www.the20thhole.com/
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

On my score card I use the boxes below my name and have the following:

F = Fairways hit
g = GIR
p = Putts
u/d = Up/Down

I check the boxes below and total after 9 holes and 18 holes and find out my percentage of each.

For up and downs I will put a "1" and circle the "I" if I get up and down to keep track.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Thanks,
those are a lot of great resources and personal systems from all of you who posted up.

Who'd have known you all had so many different methods going on out there?
Great stuff.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

On my score card I use the boxes below my name and have the following:

Ditto. I write my score, and use columns (or rows - depending on the card layout) for F,G,P and U/D. F : I write a "Y" for a fairway hit and an "N" for a miss. I also note what club I hit off the tee. (D/Y) For the "N" (misses) I note "L" or "R".(D/N/L) G : I write a "Y" for Green hit in Regulation and an "N" for a miss. I also note what club I hit to the green. (7i/Y) P : number of putts per hole. U/D : Again a "Y" or "N". If the up-and-down is a Sand Save I write SS. If I fail at a Sand Save opportunity it's " SS "

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

oobgolf.com is great. i just started using it. i would recommend it.

Note: This thread is 3625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!