IGNORED

Selfiegolf Cell Phone Holder

Okay, so I've had one of these for a while. 

818Om32on0L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.102b0283609b0843ca99ddb2484981ca.jpg1426665767_91gqDBdL1L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.779217247884f3f1d9a41c2ecbd8fb72.jpg

Over all, I've been very happy with it. I use it to record my golf swing (and other stuff too). My only issue with it is that it will only capture in Portrait Mode. Not Landscape Mode. 

This thing is easy to use. Secures your phone really well. Easily fits in your bag. 

Well, today at the range the wind blew my bag over and the thing shattered into about 5 pieces. (My phone's case got scratched as well, but the phone seems to be fine.) I'm planning on replacing this thing. But I thought I'd see what you all are using as maybe there's something better out there. 

Does anyone have a device they like that will work well for capturing their golf swing in either portrait or landscape orientation? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

My only issue with it is that it will only capture in Portrait Mode. Not Landscape Mode.

Portrait mode is fine for recording your golf swing. Arguably better because the swing is more vertical than horizontal so you don't need to capture as much background stuff in your frame.

All of my swings are recorded in portrait mode.

I use a GorillaPod (the medium one, not the small one) and a Square Jellyfish mount.

C1E6B91A-2899-4E8A-84AD-5FFE5F8A1E3D.jpeg

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I have the same clip and have used others that are of a similar concept. I have never considered landscape mode for golf, but any clip that has a swivel should work. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, so I've had one of these for a while. 

818Om32on0L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.102b0283609b0843ca99ddb2484981ca.jpg1426665767_91gqDBdL1L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.779217247884f3f1d9a41c2ecbd8fb72.jpg

Over all, I've been very happy with it. I use it to record my golf swing (and other stuff too). My only issue with it is that it will only capture in Portrait Mode. Not Landscape Mode. 

This thing is easy to use. Secures your phone really well. Easily fits in your bag. 

Well, today at the range the wind blew my bag over and the thing shattered into about 5 pieces. (My phone's case got scratched as well, but the phone seems to be fine.) I'm planning on replacing this thing. But I thought I'd see what you all are using as maybe there's something better out there. 

Does anyone have a device they like that will work well for capturing their golf swing in either portrait or landscape orientation? 

I’ve got a selfie golf clip that I haven’t used in ages and have been meaning to donate/sell. You can have mine if you want, as a thanks for the deal on the radspeed driver.

1E9D1628-6025-46DB-BAAA-54FFFED2F9B6.thumb.jpeg.d4a406f4ec959e75c16bf44c726fcbeb.jpeg

Nowadays I use a tripod from Amazon and a cell phone older that mounts to the tripod. All together less than $50 I think. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I also use a Jellyfish smartphone holder. Actually have 3 of them. It has the standard screw thing so you can attach anything to it basically. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

10 hours ago, billchao said:

Portrait mode is fine for recording your golf swing. Arguably better because the swing is more vertical than horizontal so you don't need to capture as much background stuff in your frame.

All of my swings are recorded in portrait mode.

I use a GorillaPod (the medium one, not the small one) and a Square Jellyfish mount.

The reason I'd like it to also have a landscape mode is because there have been times I've wanted to use it for group pictures at golf events. It's rarely a big deal as usually there's somebody around willing to snap the picture for us. I also like to be able to use it to record video for a video VLOG (of which I've only done 2). I just thought it might be a nice feature, if it existed. 

But, yeah, I take all my swing captures in portrait mode too. 

I do own a GorlliaPod, (technically its my wife's) so I can always use it until such time as I can replace my SelfieGolf. 

8 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I’ve got a selfie golf clip that I haven’t used in ages and have been meaning to donate/sell. You can have mine if you want, as a thanks for the deal on the radspeed driver.

Nowadays I use a tripod from Amazon and a cell phone older that mounts to the tripod. All together less than $50 I think. 

You're a good dude. I'll message you.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

I use something called the Glif.

GLIF-SideL_ce5a6537-6c2e-49b9-b696-75eaa

The all-new and completely redesigned version of the Glif holds your smartphone securely in...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

The reason I'd like it to also have a landscape mode is because there have been times I've wanted to use it for group pictures at golf events. It's rarely a big deal as usually there's somebody around willing to snap the picture for us. I also like to be able to use it to record video for a video VLOG (of which I've only done 2). I just thought it might be a nice feature, if it existed. 

Then Square Jellyfish mount is what you want. It has a standard screw mount to go on any tripod and can rotate to hold your phone in portrait or landscape mode. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread