IGNORED

Changing Deep Habits

Vinsk

4 hours ago, Big Lex said:

I know you're probably looking more for feedback or advice regarding how someone conquers the physical aspect of changing deep habits.

No, actually I was just making a joke about how we can all commiserate about similar experiences towards improving at golf.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

I just watched Day 3 in the April Covid practice thread…..yeah. Trail Elbow. I’m going to work on that.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I just watched Day 3 in the April Covid practice thread…..yeah. Trail Elbow. I’m going to work on that.

Feel free to update your swing thread, too.

Even you aren't looking for any swing advice, I'm sure people can share feels and experiences on similar things they're working on or have worked on in the past. At minimum, we can offer words of encouragement.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Add consequence to practice. This for real last for two months....if I hit more than one OB in my evening solo walking nine, I get to eat a bowl of grocery store ramen noodles with no seasoning. 

Two things have happened - I have taken my driving much more seriously and ramen stock is booming.

Serious note... it works if you have that type of personality.

Vishal S.

Tyler Ferrell had a good bit on making changes. I forget the transitions exactly. It went something like, make your change and do it on the range consistently. Do it with someone watching you at the range. Then do it in a practice round alone. Do it with people watching you. Do it in an actual scoring round. I'm bludgeoning this, but you get the picture. Makes a lot of sense, small steps. I'll have to find the video or the text, there were more steps than I mentioned.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.