Jump to content
IGNORED

Golf Pet Hates


wacker

Recommended Posts

On 8/21/2022 at 7:27 AM, Carl3 said:

18 holes. If I could wave a wand a round of golf would be 6 holes on the front and 6 on the back.😀

 

 

When you factor in slow play, not letting others play through, who has 4-6 hours to play 18 holes?

Of course cutting a course down to 12 holes, slow golfers in front of me would still find a way to play extra slow!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

I absolutely positively hate… hate hate hate when you hit a drive that’s straight and should easily be found and it’s nowhere to be found. And there’s no one around maybe they picked it up. I hate that so much. 

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A most disturbing thing, which seems to happen, hopefully, less than once a year....in fact, hopefully, never again......someone hits a ball over onto your fairway from a blind tee, nearly hits you and does not shout whatsoever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I absolutely positively hate… hate hate hate when you hit a drive that’s straight and should easily be found and it’s nowhere to be found. And there’s no one around maybe they picked it up. I hate that so much. 

Or someone else hits your ball.

A couple of weeks ago I hit a tee shot that was in the middle of the fairway over a hill and I knew from playing the course often where my ball should have been. I let two guys that pulled up on a cart hit before I started walking toward my ball and I didn't pay attention to their shots. I did see one guy hit from the edge of the fairway and one guy hit from the middle and they moved on.

I think the guy that hit from the middle hit my ball because I couldn't find it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 9/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, zetterbee said:

A most disturbing thing, which seems to happen, hopefully, less than once a year....in fact, hopefully, never again......someone hits a ball over onto your fairway from a blind tee, nearly hits you and does not shout whatsoever. 

Way back when, I was hit by the tee shot of the other fairway. We had both hit into the "playable rough" between opposing fairways, but I was addressing my ball when he hit his.  Impact was right on the back of my left hand-on the bone that goes to the first finger.  There were no sounds made that I recall, they didn't know we were out there because it's blind to the other tee.  I didn't blame them, even if they'd gone up and checked before teeing off, they might not have known that my ball was out there where I'd be in danger to their errant shots. Nashboro Village around 1986 I'd guess.

From that lesson I know to shout any time there might be someone in the landing zone of my ball. There are lots of places we can get hit and not suffer too much, but the bony parts of the body are not those.

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 9/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, Elmer said:

When you factor in slow play, not letting others play through, who has 4-6 hours to play 18 holes?

Of course cutting a course down to 12 holes, slow golfers in front of me would still find a way to play extra slow!

Bigcity next door has a 6-hole par 3 "training course". Has great little greens and the longest hole is about 130 with the only bunker on the course.  Play it once, or twice, or thrice to get all the golf you need. Fees are for all day. Seniors pay 5 bucks. It's all walking but less than 600 yards! No trees at all, about as "linksy" as TN gets, but kept simple for all ages/sizes of beginners or others wanting to practice their short game. It's perfect for me right now because I'm limited to short irons by injury.

  • Thumbs Up 1

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, Hohjoe said:

Or someone else hits your ball.

A couple of weeks ago I hit a tee shot that was in the middle of the fairway over a hill and I knew from playing the course often where my ball should have been. I let two guys that pulled up on a cart hit before I started walking toward my ball and I didn't pay attention to their shots. I did see one guy hit from the edge of the fairway and one guy hit from the middle and they moved on.

I think the guy that hit from the middle hit my ball because I couldn't find it.

Wouldn’t one usually find the other guy’s ball?  If someone hits your ball, there should be an extra ball somewhere.  Of course some people are so clueless that they hit their ball into a penalty area, forest or OB but then play your ball from the middle of the fairway.

Brian Kuehn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

 Of course some people are so clueless that they hit their ball into a penalty area, forest or OB but then play your ball from the middle of the fairway.

I think that's what this guy did. He couldn't find his and hit mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I get really irritable with people who don't watch their own ball. There's a guy in our regular weekend group who turns away in disgust after a poor shot (of which there are  quite a few) and then asks everyone else if they saw where it went. Couple of weeks ago we had this 3 times in the first 4 holes. On the 5th he raced a putt 6 feet past the hole. I pointed to it and said "It's over there". He had the cheek to get annoyed with me 😄

We've brought it up with him many times, but it's not changed anything, The rest of us have discussed letting him struggle along losing balls until he learns to watch them, but have reluctantly ruled it out for the sake of the people behind us. 

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/12/2022 at 12:31 PM, NM Golf said:

We had to put a local rule banning music on the rules sheets when I was still running tournaments. Personally, I just ask them to turn it down, but some people hate it. I don't really understand why people feel the need to blare music while playing golf, but I also don't understand drinking a 12 pack while playing either. 

Yeah that's a good rule. I don't get it either but it seems to be a trend in all areas of life people playing Bluetooth speakers everywhere. It's funny to me because now more than ever there are great options for wireless headphones etc. It's almost like we are going back in time to the "boom box" ...except then we had no choice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 9/23/2022 at 2:00 PM, DaMoose90 said:

Yeah that's a good rule. I don't get it either but it seems to be a trend in all areas of life people playing Bluetooth speakers everywhere. It's funny to me because now more than ever there are great options for wireless headphones etc. It's almost like we are going back in time to the "boom box" ...except then we had no choice. 

THIS!!! everybody walking around with stuff hanging out of their ears, why not keep the music piped-in and personal too?  This ain't no Disco. 😆

In the alternative, I seriously do have some Highland pipes music files and I will play them on course if ever the need arises. I like old stuff and tradition and history.

  • Thumbs Up 1

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Wade Patton said:

I seriously do have some Highland pipes music ...

Mr. Patton, if you play your Highland bagpipes I'm playing some Mozart and Beethoven to counter the effect... 😀

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...