IGNORED

The Tiger/Rory One-Day Events

David L Yskes

AA10UwR5.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l

The PGA Tour is fending off an onslaught of defections to the Saudi-backed LIV Golf and it might have found some new ways to stem the tide courtesy...

Since people are blasting the LIV Tour for their 54 hole Tournaments, 

I'm curious as to what people will think of the One Day Tournaments, Tiger and Rory want...

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, David L Yskes said:
AA10UwR5.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l

The PGA Tour is fending off an onslaught of defections to the Saudi-backed LIV Golf and it might have found some new ways to stem the tide courtesy...

Since people are blasting the LIV Tour for their 54 hole Tournaments, 

I'm curious as to what people will think of the One Day Tournaments, Tiger and Rory want...

For me, there aren't really enough details on the "one day events" to form any thoughts yet.

I don't even know what these statements in the article mean:

•  "a new venture that will have the world's top golfers competing against each other in a non-green grass, stadium environment"
  • "Early thinking suggests the showdowns - which will be technology-forward and staged with a live audience"

Is this some sort of skills competition or something? Doesn't sound at all like a golf tournament.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• iacas changed the title to The Tiger/Rory One-Day Events
  • Administrator

Not enough details at all, right.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I found a better article that explains stuff a bit better.....

the "one day" tournaments the first article was talking about would be a "indoor" set up, probably on a golf sim  

AAZwVwH.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=

Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy chart golf’s new path forward

It is what it is

As said, not really enough details. But I like golf the way it’s been for years. 18 holes, four day tournaments. I have zero interest in skills crap, indoor nonsense, hit the ball through the clown mouth, yada, yada. That’s just me. Hell the only part of ‘Big Break’ I really liked was the matches.

Edited by Vinsk
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I really hope the tour doesn’t go for this money grab crap. The product will suffer. Will wait for more details. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

As said, not really enough details. But I like good the way it’s been for years. 18 holes, four day tournaments. I have zero interest in skills crap, indoor nonsense, hit the ball through the clown mouth, yada, yada. That’s just me. Hell the only part of ‘Big Break’ I really liked was the matches.

In other news, you’re not 23 years old.

13 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I really hope the tour doesn’t go for this money grab crap. The product will suffer. Will wait for more details. 

The product sucks already.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, iacas said:

The product sucks already.

@iacas do you really feel that way? Not to assume but nothing to do with LiV?

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

@iacas do you really feel that way? Not to assume but nothing to do with LiV?

Yes. Have you tried to watch televised golf lately? It’s horrible.

Nobody watches so they have to put in more advertisements to make their money back which drives more people away which means they have to put more advertisements in to make more money back. It’s a vicious bad cycle.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would agree about the constant commercial breaks. I didn’t out 2 and 2 together with your statement. I saw it as caliber of play. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

like others have said....not really enough information, but the idea could range anywhere between "fine" and "awful" for me.  If they want to set up something like a PGA All Star Game skills challenge outside of tour season, great.  I'd probably tune in for a little bit and not really care what happens.  If they want to take PGA Players to TopGolf and have some sort of competition outside the tour season, fine.  I'd probably watch....once.  As long as these are supplemental to the PGA Tour season, I don't care much either way.

But I really don't want to see 1-day events of any sort popping up as official tour events.

-Eric

Nothing but gimmicks at this point. All this does is make the rich richer. Rory, being involved on the Advisory Committee, should be looking out for all members of the Tour, not just the elite. 

2 hours ago, jolter1 said:

Nothing but gimmicks at this point. All this does is make the rich richer. Rory, being involved on the Advisory Committee, should be looking out for all members of the Tour, not just the elite. 

I think having this shenanigan event or whatever it is, is just one idea. I think Rory looks out for the tour in whole. As does DLIII. 

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
4 hours ago, jolter1 said:

If the PGA Tour ceases to exist with inaction, then by preserving the PGA Tour he's doing just that.

19 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes. Have you tried to watch televised golf lately? It’s horrible.

Nobody watches so they have to put in more advertisements to make their money back which drives more people away which means they have to put more advertisements in to make more money back. It’s a vicious bad cycle.

I can fix that. It's called a DVR with a FF button on your remote. Cuts out the ads, dead air between shots, and those worthless, sponsored "updates" and "challenges". 

• Administrator
Just now, Archie Bunker said:

I can fix that. It's called a DVR with a FF button on your remote. Cuts out the ads, dead air between shots, and those worthless, sponsored "updates" and "challenges". 

No, that doesn't "fix" that, as my finger would get tired, as I'd constantly be hitting buttons (and then just missing a shot, having to go back a little bit to see it, etc.).

Televised golf sucks.

Fast forwarding doesn't "cut out" anything, either. It plays it back… just faster, while you have to remain super vigilant to not miss things.

25 minutes ago, Archie Bunker said:

Thats like fixing a broken arm with a band-aid.  Doesn't touch the root of the problem, and doesn't really make anything better.  Maybe it saves you a little time?  But in exchange it would take away the ability to watch anything live, and you still only get to see such a small amount of the actual shots on the course.  The coverage itself is what needs fixed

-Eric

I do think the networks could do some tweaking to at least improve the broadcasting. They could probably let their money grip a little loose and not just riddle the broadcasts with so many commercials. And absolutely with no money lost they have to completely eliminate the talking heads segments. Nobody needs to see some unknown CEO or president chatter away about how important the tournament is. Get them off the viewing and let them babble. 

• Thumbs Up 1