IGNORED

World Cup 2022

Abu3baid

22 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Soooooooo sweeeeeeet! What a great game. Some awful ball handling by USA and missed opportunities as usual….but we did it!!! And I’m so glad young Aaronson  got to play! 

Many instances where it looked liked the US couldn't control their first touch.   Some of the late substitutions were terrible.  Happy for the win and I thought Aaronson played well

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Many instances where it looked liked the US couldn't control their first touch.

100% yes! So you noticed that too! Many instances of that happening. And these guys gotta stop firing the ball 10yds out over the goal. That’s just maddening. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

They absolutely rushed this without proper review. This sure doesn’t look like offside to me..and this resulted in a goal!

5FA81067-9352-4BCE-A8A6-6F034FFC3BD2.thumb.jpeg.5882311c20f1aaa02945ca378d495d04.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

They absolutely rushed this without proper review. This sure doesn’t look like offside to me..and this resulted in a goal!

5FA81067-9352-4BCE-A8A6-6F034FFC3BD2.thumb.jpeg.5882311c20f1aaa02945ca378d495d04.jpeg

My son just called me and said the same thing. At first sight in motion it did seem like it was.

Glad it wasn't the difference maker.

Vishal S.

45 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

My son just called me and said the same thing. At first sight in motion it did seem like it was.

Glad it wasn't the difference maker.

Yeah me too. I was surprised when they quickly showed the replay there was no inquiry or discussion at all. Even the announcers just let it go. Our player’s feet are defiantly behind the defenders and the ball is being advanced at the freeze frame shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

He was offside, unfortunately.

Too bad, because it was an awesome finish. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Damn.. I hate it when facts ruin the buzz.😂. Thanks, I too was thinking feet, not body center. 

On a different note, I am a bit worried for the Iranian team players. God knows what awaits them back home. And I am not talking about the game loss.

Vishal S.

9 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Yeah. Not a fan of them using the upper body. It should be based on where their feet are. That’s like calling a player OB when their body leans over the line but their feet are in bounds. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah. Not a fan of them using the upper body. It should be based on where their feet are. That’s like calling a player OB when their body leans over the line but their feet are in bounds. 

Nah. What about a foot that's in the air? Then you're also trying to determine if their foot is on the ground or not, too. Too much. The rule is pretty simple:

Offside is one of the laws in association football, codified in Law 11 of the Laws of the Game. The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

40 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

@iacas already covered this, but they use any part of the body you can score with (i.e., except arms or hands). To me, that's the right line to draw.

Edited by DeadMan
  • Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Nah. What about a foot that's in the air? Then you're also trying to determine if their foot is on the ground or not, too. Too much. The rule is pretty simple:

There’s just as much ambiguity as it’s written then worrying about feet in the air. It’s one body part to watch. One. Which truly defines a player’s position on the field. One has to worry about their chin, shoulder, hell ..a bubble butt. I see I’m with a defender awaiting the ball coming yet I have to consider turning sideways, not letting my shoulder extend past his, not turning my head to make my nose past his. Too much.

Scoring body parts isn’t really the case as when you’re scoring you’re almost always behind the ball. But where you were standing ( players don’t usually just jump for joy randomly when the ball isn’t playing to them) is what makes offside , well, offside.😃

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

There’s just as much ambiguity as it’s written then worrying about feet in the air. It’s one body part to watch. One. Which truly defines a player’s position on the field. One has to worry about their chin, shoulder, hell ..a bubble butt. I see I’m with a defender awaiting the ball coming yet I have to consider turning sideways, not letting my shoulder extend past his, not turning my head to make my nose past his. Too much.

Scoring body parts isn’t really the case as when you’re scoring you’re almost always behind the ball. But where you were standing ( players don’t usually just jump for joy randomly when the ball isn’t playing to them) is what makes offside , well, offside.😃

I’d go with thyroid. And since I don’t have one, I’d never be offside!😜

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

There’s just as much ambiguity as it’s written then worrying about feet in the air. It’s one body part to watch. One.

You missed the point. A foot in the air can be tough to pinpoint on the ground.

And as Daniel said, you can score with your head, so…

And people have two feet. So that's two body parts. 😉

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Which truly defines a player’s position on the field.

That's not true.

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I see I’m with a defender awaiting the ball coming yet I have to consider turning sideways, not letting my shoulder extend past his, not turning my head to make my nose past his. Too much.

It's really not. I've played soccer since I was 3. It's not "too much."

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Scoring body parts isn’t really the case as when you’re scoring you’re almost always behind the ball.

Again, you've missed the point… You can score with your head. Or knee. Or chest. Or butt.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not that it matters but Cameroon beating Brazil was pretty epic.  The first African nation to do so in the WC. 

Anyway:

Netherlands vs USA is the big game today.  Can they pull it off and advance?  Win or go Home is the name of the game from here on out.  It should be an exciting game.

• Thumbs Up 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

36 minutes ago, The Flush said:

Mbappe is half decent.

ya he is almost there lol

On a more serious note really the French have impressed me.  Just an overall powerhouse.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

On 11/30/2022 at 3:47 PM, iacas said:

You missed the point. A foot in the air can be tough to pinpoint on the ground.

I’m referring to the new technology being used. With that in mind, it’s not any more difficult to see one’s nose than a foot in the air.

That's not true.

Yep. It is. It’s just being silly and ambiguous to claim otherwise. Players aren’t standing on their heads or jumping in the air when they’re off ball.

It's really not. I've played soccer since I was 3. It's not "too much."

Right. So have I. And our offside was never monitored by video review technology. A ref has never told you you were offside because your nose was past a defender. That’s my point. The reason offsides rule was made was not to keep a player motionless to prevent any part of his body other than hands/arms to protrude past a defender. 😃