IGNORED

The Pro Tours Random Thoughts and Musings Thread

colin007

• Administrator
2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Rooting hard against Harry Higgs and Spencer Levin

Why?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You do do that. It’s 100% Tiger, so any attention to other players has to be those you root against.

Eye on the TV, 'cause tragedy thrills me. Whatever flavor it happens to be like.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
4 hours ago, colin007 said:

Purely shallow reasons, as I am wont to do lol

I figured, but that's why I asked "why?" 😄 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 12/17/2023 at 3:00 PM, iacas said:

I figured, but that's why I asked "why?" 😄 

Harry because he's not....."svelte"

Spencer because he looks like a schlub and he smokes on the course

Colin P.

On 12/17/2023 at 1:49 PM, Zeph said:

Eye on the TV, 'cause tragedy thrills me. Whatever flavor it happens to be like.

I don't think I knew you were a TooL fan....Maynard for emperor

Colin P.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Harry because he's not....."svelte"

Spencer because he looks like a schlub and he smokes on the course

Thanks. Was just curious.

I don’t think Harry is as funny as other people think he is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Daniel Berger. A few years ago, he was injured before a tournament (Memorial, I think) and knew he could not play. But instead of WD and letting an alternative in, he went to the first tee, hit an iron, and WD just to get a check. Pretty shallow IMO. He wasn't exactly starving at that point in his career.

4 hours ago, Archie Bunker said:

Daniel Berger. A few years ago, he was injured before a tournament (Memorial, I think) and knew he could not play. But instead of WD and letting an alternative in, he went to the first tee, hit an iron, and WD just to get a check. Pretty shallow IMO. He wasn't exactly starving at that point in his career.

Am just curious how he got a cheque for this.  My understanding is don't make the cut you don't get paid.  Whether you are one stroke or 10 strokes off the pace, you are cut.  Unless of course he got an appearance fee 🤷‍♂️

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Archie Bunker said:

Something doesn't add up there, sorry. You don't get a check just for hitting one tee shot and WDing.

3 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Am just curious how he got a cheque for this.  My understanding is don't make the cut you don't get paid.  Whether you are one stroke or 10 strokes off the pace, you are cut.  Unless of course he got an appearance fee 🤷‍♂️

It was the 2016 Bridgestone WGC. I believe it was a limited field no cut event so last place made a nice pay day with one swing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, TomR13 said:

It was the 2016 Bridgestone WGC. I believe it was a limited field no cut event so last place made a nice pay day with one swing.

Then… as you may know, Tom, there was nobody to take his place. Archie may not know this.

The field is the field. Much like the field at the Masters, or some other invitationals: if he withdraws, there's no alternates list. The field just shrinks by one.

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Jason Day drops Nike and  becomes  my favorite PGA player

Uhhh, that's not an actual quote. That's a troll account, or if you want to be generous, a meme or parody account.

And there are strong rumors it's Nike getting out of the business, not Day's choice. See also: Woods, Tiger.

As rumored, Tiger and Nike are done.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 2 weeks later...