IGNORED

What Is Your Favorite Driver in the Last 5 Years? What Club Stuck Out?

Easy question.
The Cobra Rad-Speed in peacoat blue. 
Why? It's the best looking driver ever. Matte finish, blue head. Put a Ventus Velocore blue shaft and a Pure DTX midsized blue grip and you've got the best looking driver in the history of golf.

Cobra_RAD_Speed_Drivers-4.thumb.jpg.d1cdc70c8932e974502b6adc16d9b7c8.jpg

Not only that, but the wrap around infinity face helps keep idiot marks from happening to that beautiful matte blue finish. 

snatch-periwinkle-blue.gif.9e3088aaafd71a415d8ffc99848a09d7.gif

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played the Callaway Epic all last year. I picked it up used with a Project X Smoke Balck RDX shaft. It’s nice. I also have the Titleist TSi2 driver, same shaft. Equally nice.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I played the Callaway Epic all last year. I picked it up used with a Project X Smoke Balck RDX shaft. It’s nice. I also have the Titleist TSi2 driver, same shaft. Equally nice.

Oh sure, but are either of them blue? 😁

• Funny 1

I don't have any club in my bag which is less than 5 years old.  The youngest is my Cobra Baffler 4 hybrid.  In drivers I have a taylormade R5 and a Cleveland hibore.  I really liked the hibore.  The shape was different and maybe the specs just suited me but it was the most accurate driver I have hit.  It is currently in my dad's bag in our coffee estate and I tend to use it when I go there.  Haven't really looked for anything recently thanks to vitamin M otherwise would have contributed more about the latest drivers and what looks good.  Though judging by YT, the G430 is a very forgiving club

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I really like my Srixon SX7. The mkII version is slightly fade biased which is fine but they play very similarly. Realistically, tipping my ventus black 6x 1in really helped for this year though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

037B234F-780C-4FEB-91E5-51FDE132A7E1.thumb.jpeg.3c36a47a3079733e3f46ffeb3ebe97e2.jpegHands down!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

41 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

037B234F-780C-4FEB-91E5-51FDE132A7E1.thumb.jpeg.3c36a47a3079733e3f46ffeb3ebe97e2.jpegHands down!

My only issue with this diver is that you have to scream "Kaboom" at impact, otherwise you don't get optimum performance!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

12 minutes ago, Elmer said:

My only issue with this diver is that you have to scream "Kaboom" at impact, otherwise you don't get optimum performance!

No wonder! You have to yell, ‘POW!’

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Tour Edge C721. Why? Because the clubhead is as big as a dinner plate and feels like it has a hotter face than most main stream clubs I've tried. Both good aspects for 90 mph CHS weekenders Last few drivers were Cobras. 

Vishal S.

54 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Yes, that's the downside.

On the upside however, you get that Jet-Plane-Taking-Off sound effect every time you hit it. 

• Funny 1

14 hours ago, phillyk said:

I really like my Srixon SX7. The mkII version is slightly fade biased which is fine but they play very similarly. Realistically, tipping my ventus black 6x 1in really helped for this year though. 

I second your assessment.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Well. I have two one is brandy new. PXG 2011. But that club will sit while I use the Cleveland turbo launcher. This is a repaired club with a shortened carbide “pin” epoxied where the shaft and head meet. I have an extreme kick with this club so I am expecting club head failure at some point. So far on the range it has been the best club I’ve swung in years. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 

sabertooth putter

1 hour ago, rocket23 said:

Well. I have two one is brandy new. PXG 2011. But that club will sit while I use the Cleveland turbo launcher. This is a repaired club with a shortened carbide “pin” epoxied where the shaft and head meet. I have an extreme kick with this club so I am expecting club head failure at some point. So far on the range it has been the best club I’ve swung in years. 

I second the PXG 2011.
I bought this last August, once I figured out how to hit it ( I didn't realize their standard stiff shaft was 1/2 inch shorter, so I was topping balls) it was a hot knife through butter.

• Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

20 minutes ago, Elmer said:

I second the PXG 2011.
I bought this last August, once I figured out how to hit it ( I didn't realize their standard stiff shaft was 1/2 inch shorter, so I was topping balls) it was a hot knife through butter.

I agree the PXG 2011 is exceptional and I can tell the extra stiffness in the shaft. It will be my number 1 club when summer gets here. I’m binging range finders on YouTube. That’s how bad it is. ( me wanting to play, but I’m snowed in so to speak) lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

2 hours ago, Elmer said:

I second the PXG 2011.

I'm not sure about where you live, but around me, PXG has fitting events all the time. Literally like 2 per month. 

I'm going to make the argument that PXG does better fittings than Club Champion. 

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm not sure about where you live, but around me, PXG has fitting events all the time. Literally like 2 per month. 

I'm going to make the argument that PXG does better fittings than Club Champion. 

I called them and closest was in PA which would have been a 5 hour drive.
I knew I needed stiff shaft and the rest was mostly impulse purchase.
Which is rare for me, but it was only way I was getting myself a driver. 

• Informative 1

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

We have a PXG building in Connecticut. But I’ve been an off the rack guy my whole life. So getting their stuff without the fitting was ok with me. I could actually “fit” any club I like if I wanted, knowing the ins an outs of club manufacturing. But I decided not to. Instead I put all my energy and funds towards unlimited play this season. With that much time devoted I figured I could fit me to the club(s) rather than the other way around. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter