IGNORED

2023 Solheim Cup

jmanbooyaa

Europe winning 2/3 of the points since getting skunked in the opening session is impressive. Pettersen did a great job coaching her squad after that morning. USA has typically done much better in the Singles. Waiting to see how it goes!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interesting leaderboard this am. Kupcho is getting smoked and doesn’t look like any fight in her. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Not looking great for the US at the moment. They need to flip a few matches. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

4 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Not looking great for the US at the moment. They need to flip a few matches. 

It sure isn’t. Kupcho match was rough. That woman shows no emotion no fire. Would not put her on another team if had the option.  Not a fan of what i saw

Is it me or does Korda look like she wants to be anywhere else than Spain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

USA players look like people at a mandatory staff meeting.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

USA players look like people at a mandatory staff meeting.

Yes! Wtf is the problem with these ladies. Bring back Creamer, Wei Kerr. No fire in this team. Sad. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

This is some of the worst putting I have ever seen. 

Edited by jmanbooyaa

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Watching Hedwall it’s tough to remember this is golf.🥴

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Ole Lexi bringing on her classic choking. She really struggles with any pressure. 

Just now, Vinsk said:

Ole Lexi bringing on her classic choking. She really struggles with any pressure. 

Just land on the god damn green. Someone needs to bring some valium for her down the stretch. Such a talent such a poor finisher. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

It ends in a tie. Euros keep the cup. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I have to agree with this. I lost count of all the under five footers both teams missed on the last nine holes. What was even more amazing was seeing players give their opponent a free three footer. I guess they didn't want to see them choke, It's no wonder the Asian players dominate the LPGA. They can putt! 

The TV coverage was mediocre at best. The graphics were poorly managed and we often didn't know the score of the match currently being shone, and the commentators were of little help, rarely telling us who was ahead or behind. They wouldn't show a graphic/score of the current match until the player was shooting her shot. The American lead commentator (Terry Gannon) was heavily biased toward the U.S. team, so much so that he lost all relevance, going so far as to say that an American player could win the match if she just birdied the last two holes when she was one down. She needed to win the hole she was on just to keep from going dormie. 

Edited by jhelfert19
  • Like 1

Fun day. Looked like both the US and Europe would win at different points. It knew it was over when Nelly missed the hole on 16 from less than 10 feet. Putting her and Lexi out last was very questionable.  

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Solheim Cup: Stacy Lewis' optimistic take after failing to get trophy

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

On 9/24/2023 at 8:48 AM, DeadMan said:

Putting her and Lexi out last was very questionable.  

Interesting to think about this. Lexi is the US’s most experienced player and doesn’t have a bad singles record also. After the win she is 2-1-2. On form she hasn’t been very good but Ian Poulter plays like a god in these things so form isn’t always a good indicator. I don’t mind that pick. Nelly is the US’s best player by rankings and was 2-0-0 in singles going into that match. 

I think team line up decisions earlier on in the match are more suspect those final two choices. 

Michael