IGNORED

Shotscope V5 Watch

(edited)

Shotscope recently announced their newest GPS/Shot Tracking watch, the V5.

The biggest difference between this and the X5 is the V5 now has 4 buttons to handle all of the menu navigation and no touchscreen while the X5 had 2 buttons and a touchscreen. Plus full hole mapping/overview instead of partial overview. And a few more color theme options on the screen.

The V5 is also $50 cheaper than the X5.

Shop the Shot Scope V5 and gain access to full hole maps and free non-subscription app. Buy online direct today.

I will likely be purchasing the V5 soon, a primary complaint regarding the X5 was how non-responsive/laggy the touchscreen was so I think the 4 buttons will probably be better than a slowly responding touch screen.

@iacas Just an FYI, "THESANDTRAP" does not work with the V5 as of now. (At least not for me)

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tried it as well, not applicable to selected product. I'll wait and see if Erik and get the discount extended, if not it's still a good price.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

• Administrator

I emailed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If you have a smart watch, 15th club gps app is free and it's the best I've seen. I just can't justify paying that much when there is a free app that does pretty much everything this one does. Am I wrong?

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Kent Briggs said:

Am I wrong?

Yes. I use a ShotScope H4 primarily for the stats tracking, which the V5 also has, and which your suggestion does not.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

47 minutes ago, Kent Briggs said:

I just can't justify paying that much when there is a free app that does pretty much everything this one does. Am I wrong?

Except the one thing I want the most, stat tracking/Strokes gained analysis.

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Except the one thing I want the most, stat tracking/Strokes gained analysis.

This.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yes. I use a ShotScope H4 primarily for the stats tracking, which the V5 also has, and which your suggestion does not.

And this

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

@klineka Got an email from ShotScope for a deal on the V5 for 179.00 limited time offer for current Shot Scope account holders. I would assume you got it as well but just incase I thought I'd get the word out.

• Like 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

18 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This.

And this

I guess that's fair, I just use it to track shots so I get club recommendations and wind/elevation distances. I haven't found another one I trust as much as 15th Club

Interested. I will wait for the response from @iacas as well. I have wanted something to track stats and give the strokes gained for a while but have never pulled the trigger on anything.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator

I still prefer the H4 because I already wear a watch. The code works for that. 😀

I may have a response. I haven’t looked at email in a day and a half.

On 4/4/2024 at 7:27 AM, snapfade said:

@klineka Got an email from ShotScope for a deal on the V5 for 179.00 limited time offer for current Shot Scope account holders. I would assume you got it as well but just incase I thought I'd get the word out.

Previously with H4 and X5, I was able to stack the "loyal customer" sale price with "THESANDTRAP" discount code for an even better price.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Here you all go!

I have created a bespoke $50 off code for V5 for your community: sandtrapv5.

The code offers you $50 off the V5, making it $199.99. As you know, the V5 includes shot tracking, 16 tags and no subscription.

The code is valid until the end of April then the discount will be 15%.

I'm going to see if I can get the same THESANDTRAP code to apply for everything (the 15%), but for now, use "sandtrapv5" if you're interested in the V5!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Previously with H4 and X5, I was able to stack the "loyal customer" sale price with "THESANDTRAP" discount code for an even better price.

Did you get 15% off the 179? Mines already shipped. 

3 hours ago, snapfade said:

Did you get 15% off the 179? Mines already shipped. 

I got $50 off $179.99 with sandtrapv5 code, so came to $129.99, shipped. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

19 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I got $50 off $179.99 with sandtrapv5 code, so came to $129.99, shipped. 

I was able to get it for $129 as well, that's a hell of a deal! 

It will be my first experience with Shotscope, looking forward to it.

I use my Apple phone and Apple watch with free golf apps.  I don't particularly look for stats from it, but my understanding is you can get all the needed data for free.  Shots taken, whether you missed left or right, bunker, penalty strokes, putts etc.  Am not sure how a dedicated golf watch is any better than that.  Admittedly I don't know whether these apps offer strokes gained as a data metric

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator

@pganapathy, the briefest amount of research would answer that question for you. For many what the free apps offer is not enough.

Statistics are about more than traditional stats like fairways hit and penalties and number of putts.