IGNORED

finding clubs

obsessedgolfer
Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. finding clubs

• keep it
    • turn it in to lost and found
    • depends on the club

I would turn it in because if i lost my club i would want somebody to turn it in too.

This actually happened to me at a course in NH. I called and asked if they had it and they said no. I knew I left it there so went there to check and it was in a bin with clubs for sale. The pro just apologized and let me take my club back. It's funny to me now as it was a 3i which I no longer carry.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a club last week when I was out playing. It was a really nice Cleveland wedge and I was so tempted to keep it in my bag.

The better part of me took over and I ran up to the group ahead of me and asked if anyone was missing a club. They actually were searching for it frantically and thanked me immensely. It felt good.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I always return clubs when I find them on the course it's just etiquette. Plus if I lost mine I would expect it to be returned.

But if I found an Ft-i or a Tour Burner TP I might just have to tee off with it on a hole or two as I finish up my round and head back to club house to return it

R7 Superquad 10.5° RE*AX 65 Fujikura
R7 Draw Rescue 3H 19°
R7 Draw Rescue 5H 25°
X-20 4-AW
Vokey Spin Milled 54° ChromeCPR 56°Victoria II 35"Pro v1

Not a club but I found a wallet walking 9 at a local executive course. 2 guys drove up saying they lost a wallet and if I had seen it. I said no and sure enough at the very next green there it was laying right on the edge. I called the pro shop and told them that I had the wallet and when the guys got back in they got the message and drove back out to my hole.

I also found a Callaway FT-i driver headcover on the 2nd fairway at the same course but didn't feel like carrying it through all the holes back to the shop so I threw it on the 2nd tee box in an obvious place. I wouldn't keep any clubs that I found though, I lost my PW and no one ever turned it in so now I have a Cleveland 48*

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

I had a friend that kept a really nice 8 iron. Taylor made RAC TP I think. I didn't have a problem with it because he found it in the woods. We were one of the only groups on the course. He hits his tee shot and it somehow found the trees along the right side. We both were looking for it and he calls me over and under a good amount of brush is this club.

People with poor ethics are most always able to rationalize their bad behavior.

I would keep it if it is a club i really like but if i dont like it throw that hoe on ebay!

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

turn it in regardless...... golf gods look on you for stuff like that......

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Turn the bad boy in, once lost a 6 iron and "had" to buy a new set.
Driver Super Quad 10.5
3 Woodhibore xl
irons3-pw AP2
Wedges52 and 56 SV
PutterFuturaBall330-s

I have lost one before and someone turned it in, so I would never keep one for myself.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

i would be pissed if someone took my clubs that i left out so i would turn it in

A few years back, I used to belong to a club where the general rule of thumb was when you hit up on a par3 and everyone was on the green, to let the next group behind you hit up to the green. Silly somewhat...did not speed up anything...but I digress.

Little over a year before, I had left a Ping 6 iron laying on a tee box and it never got turned it. So, we are on this par3 and wave the group up that is behind us. They hit and drive up as we are putting out. As I am walking off the green towards the carts, I see a Ping iron in this guys bag of shiny chromed Staff irons. Sure enough, it is a 6 iron. I ask, whose clubs they are and did you find the 6 iron a while back. The guys response...still kills me to today..."Yes I did. I knew that someday someone would ask me about it." Got the iron back but really want to tell him what an inconsiderate jerk he was.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

i fear the golf gods. turn it in or you're doomed to bogey hell for life. karma is real...especially in golf. Thats why they spell "closest" with a "K" in KP. its for Karma

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Little over a year before, I had left a Ping 6 iron laying on a tee box and it never got turned it. So, we are on this par3 and wave the group up that is behind us. They hit and drive up as we are putting out. As I am walking off the green towards the carts, I see a Ping iron in this guys bag of shiny chromed Staff irons. Sure enough, it is a 6 iron. I ask, whose clubs they are and did you find the 6 iron a while back. The guys response...still kills me to today..."Yes I did. I knew that someday someone would ask me about it." Got the iron back but really want to tell him what an inconsiderate jerk he was.

Glad to hear you were reunited with your 6. The jerk will be doomed to unfavorable lies, and unlucky bounces for life.

I'm so worried about losing clubs that what I do virtually guarantees I don't forget it. When I walk to green, after chipping, I put the wedge on the bee line that I take off the green to my push cart. This way, after holing out I walk back to my cart, and pick up my wedge on the way.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!