IGNORED

OK Tiger! Let's see you do my job.

BruceH
Note: This thread is 5797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So John Atkinson didn't break 100 but Timberlake did and Justin even wondered how Tiger would go as the opening act to his concert.

So what are the equivalents of "breaking 100" that we would like to see Tiger try? I think it needs to be something that an elite professional should be able to do without breaking a sweat, that a journeyman pro should be able to handle easily, that a skilled amateur can probably do and that your average Joe is no chance.

I'm a nerd so I will choose a tech job.
Tiger can replace the workgroup servers in a medium sized office. Nothing too fancy, just file/print/gateway stuff. All users must be migrated and the process must be completed over a weekend so as to appear seamless to the end users.

Or.

Tiger does his own taxes. They must be completed to withstand a rigorous IRS audit.

What else can we challenge him with?

So John Atkinson didn't break 100 but Timberlake did and Justin even wondered how Tiger would go as the opening act to his concert.

Thing is, a

lot more folks play golf on a regular basis than meddling around with servers, profiles and Active Directory. Heh-heh-heh.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

And looking at Tiger's wife - golfers pull better chicks.

I don't know if Tiger could do my job - cold turkey but if you gave him say 3 days to learn I am sure he would be reasonable or at least as good as I was on my 3rd day.

That was current job - my job in the Navy - it would probably take him a year + just like me but I don't think he has the temperment for it.

Andrew

I've seen too many cases of I do this one thing well, so I should do everything else well, especially in New York/Wall Street.

While it's true that talented people tend to do things well in many things, this is not the norm.

On an unrelated note, I'm guessing Timberlake has been taking lessons from some stack and tilt proponent and stole Jesper Parnevik's porkpie hat.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, Tiger doesn't do work similar to yours.
So, sorry.
Unfair.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

• Administrator
Well, Tiger doesn't do work similar to yours.

Agreed. It's not like they took someone who'd never played golf and asked him to break 100. They took a guy who's

better than over 83% of golfers with handicaps and asked him to break 100. In other words, they took one of the top 20% of golfers in the world. Not someone who'd never golfed before.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Still, I would have expected a different attitude from the golfers, maybe trying to cheer him up, and not killing him assuring he couldn't break 100. I would have wanted to hear a guy like Tiger giving him some advice or something, not just devaluating him...

My job deals with sports so I may not be able to help out on this one.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

I'm a nerd so I will choose a tech job.

If Tiger had been programming for fun on the side for the past 10+ years, I doubt he'd have any trouble doing any job (contract work or corporate job) I've ever had, at least until boredom set in and he decides he'd rather be back out on the course.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I think I remember Tiger saying he was better at Math and Physics when he was in school. So my vote would go for him having to do the calculations for the recent Space Shuttle re-entry/landing.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Good point.

Read Paper Tiger by Tom Coyne, you'll find out

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Bit unfair on the the people in the shuttle!

yeah, but hes soooo clutch! the shuttle would most certainly...uhh...lip in to the atmosphere!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Sorry but sports and regular jobs are completely different.

There is barely anything done in the regular job field that can't be taught by someone or from a book.

Atheletics is like art, you can teach some one how to paint but you can't teach them how to be an artist. There is stuff that Tiger and most pro atheletes do that can't be taught.

I am sure that given the same time it took me to get where I am, Tiger wouldn't have much trouble doing my job. I am 100% certain that I could spend every remaining sec of my life playing/practising golf and I wouldn't even be close to his level or any tour golfer.

I am sure that given the same time it took me to get where I am, Tiger wouldn't have much trouble doing my job. I am 100% certain that I could spend every remaining sec of my life playing/practising golf and I wouldn't even be close to his level or any tour golfer.

Wow. Someone here who actually make sense!

Tiger was simply making a valid observation that a 10 hadcp could not break a 100 on a US Open course from where the pros play it. This is not like challenging someone to do his job. Justin Timberlake's comment about Tiger going on stage to try to do what he does was relative to the embarrasment factor, not so much the difficulty. It cool that those four guys were will to let the course humiliate them in front a millions of people. Most people know they could not do Justin Timberlake's job and would never hint that they could. But Tiger knows the minds of golfers. I meet people on the course all the time who seem to think the difference between themselves and the pros is that the pros practice and play every day. They have little respect for the course layouts, the length or the unique skills required to do what pro golfers do. So Tiger set them straight. Romo is a pro athlete with a 2.2 index and he shot 13 over! But most of the golfing public still won't get it. SubPar

Note: This thread is 5797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!