IGNORED

Honors or Ready to hit GO?

RickPro
Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If in a formal setting than honors and whoever is further away goes. But on a normal day on the course i try to play ready golf for pace of play reasons.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Honors, and whomever is farthest from the hole.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

My wife and I play a lot, and often are playing with slow golfers. We aren't very good, but we don't take a lot of practice swings, and try to use our instincts (first reaction) instead of mulling over a shot for a long time.

That being said, we almost always ask the people we are playing with if "Ready Golf" is OK with them. And I always ask if its ok for me to start walking ahead to my ball if its not directly in their path.

I think we've only had 1 person ever say no, and he was way better than us so we deferred to him.

After all, I don't want to get hit upside the head with a 6-iron. Or any iron for that matter.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Depends on who I am playing with. We have one guy who plays ready golf all the time. I prefer playing honors. As far as the fairway goes, my group rarely has more than one ball in the fairway, so it is usually "whomever finds their ball in the woods first can go ahead and hit, just let us know first so we can hide behind our cart/bags in case you are playing pinball with the trees."

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Ready golf unless it's match play. And ready golf doesn't mean that you never give honors, just that when it's time to hit, if the guy with the honor isn't ready then whoever is ready hits away. You don't walk out in front of the guy who is away to play ready golf unless he's off in the heather looking for his ball ... then I might hit before I help him search. You still have to use good sense to decide when it's appropriate and when it isn't.

Continuous putting too... as long as it doesn't involve stepping on someone else's line.

Playing ready golf a foursome can play a relatively relaxed round of golf and still finish in under 4 hours, and nobody needs to feel like he was deprived of a "right". Although order of play is covered by Rule 10 in the Rules of Golf, there isn't even penalty associated with it. In stroke play it's more of an etiquette issue than it is a rules breach to play out of turn.

IMO, pace of play is a much more important issue in todays golf than order of play.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Generally play honors. If someone birdies a hole I am not going to deprive them of honors, and if I have honors and I am ready to hit, I want to go first. In the fairway and on the green, I will let whoever is away play first unless they are not ready and they do not object to me or someone else playing out of turn. Of course when the course is busy, and in an effort not to delay play, players should do whatever they can to keep things moving.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

Off the tee its whoever is ready to hit, after that its the person who is farthest away.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

when i play with my dad, ready golf

for tournys, whoever had the best score tees off first. but a lot of guys don't care, if somebody else is ready, they can go

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Ready golf unless there is no one behind us and we can take our time. The exception for me is a birdie or eagle on the previous hole.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Honors all the time, unless they say go ahead and hit if your ready, or if i as can i hit while your doing something irrelevant in your bag. :)

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Ready golf almost always! In the event of a score under par for a hole, we offer the birdie recipient the honors, but I've yet to hear a response other than "no, ready golf, but thanks" or equivalent.

I agree, polite, but keep it moving.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

When I'm with family or close friends: ALWAYS ready golf.

When I'm in a tournament or strangers: ALWAYS honors, unless stated by the other person. Some people in tournaments have said "Man, I don't care about honors, if you're ready, hit, that's fine with me..." Then I have no problem...but some people prefer honors, and I have no problem with that too.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Ready golf on the tee, and furthest away in the fairway unless they aren't ready.
In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

On the tee box generally I see ready golf or if it works itself out going by shortest to longest hitters when playing when it's busy. However Honors is fine as well. I defer to Honors until I get a feel for how the others in the group I'm playing with that day prefer. In the fairway it's nearly always ready golf. On or near the greens it's usually the farthest. I guess I'm saying it's kind of flows back and forth.

i think the integrity of the game has diminished greatly. some people don't get the concept of actually being a gentleman

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!