IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Something tells me Charlotte is set for "non-celebrity, free caddies" for quite awhile if she so chooses to avail herself of the help.

Haha! So true! I'd like to think I'm a pretty good caddie, but then again I've only done it a couple of times when I was younger. While I definitely would

not be considered a professional caddie, I would like to think that I would perform just about on par with a professional caddy... Oh well...one can dream, right?
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it's prediction time. I just watched the latest TGC trailer . It features a nice shot of an ambulance with its crew returning an unoccupied stretcher to the rear; vignettes of Charlotte holing a put and an Ashley crying in what looks like her golf cart; Rob asserting "we are better than the Ashleys; we are going to do it," Charlotte's voice-over of the ambulance footage of "oh my gosh", and an Ashley exclaiming "I can't do this much longer," and "OK you've got to get me through this." The voiceover also asserts that "it's a season finale shocker that no one saw coming." In addition, a blogger for the Orlando Sentinel reports that: "Golf Channel officials say the final match will include 'an unexpected turn of events' that 'will alter the conclusion of the series and the race to the finish line.'"

Well, your guess is as good as mine, but does anyone else get the feeling they're trying to make us think an Ashley blows a hammy or something? The editing tends to favor the Rob/Charlotte team, which makes me skeptical they'll actually make it. Plus, I've gotten the impresion from the blondes in their GG interviews that they're looking forward to making all the unbelievers eat crow. So I'd wager a Shrute-buck that the Ashes win, although as I've made clear from the very start, I'm rooting for Charlotte and Rob.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

• Administrator
Yeah, I just saw the same commercial. Unfortunately I have the feeling the Ashle* team wins, which would make me a bit sad. I don't dislike them, but I like them less than Team Charob. Or Team Roblette if you prefer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok, it's prediction time. I just watched

Yeah, I saw that preview. Nothing like being totally baffled, a few days before the final. I blew off this show after the first episode, probably a stupid move. But when Florida Field is the focus I'm quickly turned off, as a lifelong Canes fan.

I'm scrambling to make sense of the final by reading this impressive long thread and sampling Gayle's great interviews. Looks like a case of my expectation differing from my likely rooting interest. The Ashleys eager to get together to watch the final show reminds me of Kim Welch securing the sushi restaurant for dozens of friends to watch the finale of Big Break Ka'anapali. But perhaps I'm applying too much normal criteria to handicapping the Ashleys. After looking at the bios and Charlotte's websites, I want to pull for Charlotte but against her brother. Does that make any sense in this format? Can she win but the Gator brother flop? Flop is a cherished Gator technique, in case anyone knows the Miami/Florida football history. Rollins College, Charlotte's alma mater, is a terrific tranquil place. I've visited many times, including big hugs from the art museum staff when I happened to be there when they found out they would be featured in USA Today. I have no problem pulling for someone from Rollins, although that's a school without a football team and the area lends itself to Gator allegiance. Disgusting. My dad always told me Rollins is where the upscale families sent their kids to be properly finished for a life of gentlemanly leisure. LOL. I don't know if that still applies, but I like the place. Based on Charlotte and a picture I saw of the current Division II champion Rollins womens golf team, TGC could do worse than merely choose their entire team for the reality shows. The Ashleys are cute but Charlotte has the better chasis and swing. The clincher variable in deciding to root for Charlotte above the Ashleys was sampling her site and there's a picture of herself and the Rollins golf team with Canes mascot Sebastian the Ibis, apparently at a University of Miami-hosted tournament several years ago. Great photo, other than the guy at right. That's Paul Dee, the athletic director who doomed the Orange Bowl to rubble and extinction in favor of a ridiculous bland warehouse called Dolphin Stadium, 25 miles removed. I hold him in utter contempt. Charlotte needs to touch up that photo with some of her Blingo Ballmarks. One on the face and six on his stomach. That should about cover it.

As I did for the finale of Big Break Ka'anapali, I've started an AIM chat room entitled "h18finale" (without quotes) to discuss tonight's proceedings. I'll be logged in until the show has ended; I probably won't actively check the chat room, however, until around 9:30. (I have homework and other matters to tackle.)

Anyway, I hope some of you guys join. I know that there are a great many of you interested in the show, and thus I am confident that we can have a turnout greater than that of BB Ka'anapali (when it was a one-on-one chat between Erik and me for the vast majority of the show). Please drop in.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

As I did for the finale of Big Break Ka'anapali, I've started an AIM chat room entitled "h18finale" (without quotes) to discuss tonight's proceedings. I'll be logged in until the show has ended; I probably won't actively check the chat room, however, until around 9:30. (I have homework and other matters to tackle.)

Awww...what sucks about that is that I'm on the west coast so no one will be in there by the time I watch the show!!

underparnv

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Awww...what sucks about that is that I'm on the west coast so no one will be in there by the time I watch the show!!

That sucks, but you can drop in pre-show if you like and discuss the series if you'd like...

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

I don't want to jump on the spoiler function bandwagon, but I have to say something with it.

That ending was sad to watch. A contestant plays herself to exhaustion, and the program cuts ahead onto the other team's celebration. The producers couldn't have handled the climax of the situation any worse.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I guess the entire post below is a spoiler...so...that's your warning

First and foremost congrats to Rob and Charlotte on their win! I can't imagine the nerves Rob was dealing with as I've never played in front of cameras and/or with that much on the line. Great par!!!

Anyway, I definitely didn't expect the ending to be anything like that. I hope all is well for the Ash* team now and it isn't a permanent thing (I think they said heat exhaustion and dehydration, right?) and that they keep playing golf.

Now...where do I sign up for the next Highway 18?!?!
underparnv

I don't want to jump on the spoiler function bandwagon, but I have to say something with it.

No offense to those that enjoy this show...but really, that wasn't very good at all. I think like has been mentioned here, a lot of it comes down to some poor editing. Although, no matter how you edit it, I don't see how a good golfer suffers from extreme exhaustion while playing a par 3...using a CART! Maybe...just maybe...if they actually had to run back and fourth. You'd think they were playing for their lives or something. Everything just seems extremely over the top on this show...like they were told they needed to act for the show or something. I think maybe they (TGC) under-estimated the fact that golf fans would probably really enjoy a REAL golf challenge show. Just my opinion though.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

ive only watched 3 episodes the first one and one in between somwhere and the finale...... very boring i cant wait for the big break X

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

And thus, the stalking of Charlotte by Harry Longshanks commences...

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Commences? Like now? I thought it had already started . . . like five or six weeks ago!

Go git 'er Harry! (I'm old and married so I gotta live vicariously through you!)
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Dear Sand Trap: Thanks to all that have given their thoughts each week, good or bad. As for the finale, I'd like to point out that Rob and I had no idea what happened to the A's and that when the finale was done that was our first question to the producers... where are they? One producer broke down in tears and we were all very emotional... it's not the ending we wanted but unfortunately that's what happened :(
I've got a big match tomorrow and need to sleep but thanks again for keeping me entertained on this forum among others!

Taylormade TP Burner, Taylormade r7 TP 3,5, 7woods, Callaway X-18 irons, Taylormade 56, 60, Yes! Marilyn Putter, Taylormade TPRed Ball. And, a Blingo Ball mark obviously...

Dear Sand Trap: Thanks to all that have given their thoughts each week, good or bad. As for the finale, I'd like to point out that Rob and I had no idea what happened to the A's and that when the finale was done that was our first question to the producers... where are they? One producer broke down in tears and we were all very emotional... it's not the ending we wanted but unfortunately that's what happened :(

Congratulations from Alaska.

Although I must admit I wasn't so keen to you and your brother until it got towards the end. But again I am glad you won, and good luck with the rest of your career. Ha Harry, I beat you to the first to congratulate Charlotte

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

LOL! Well, you might be surprised at who's doing the stalking of Harry and another golfguy in here. I just got off the phone with Ashley and Ashleigh and they both had messages for you boys

And of course, Charlotte wasn't taking the bait I threw her way tonight - that girl is just too darn clever! But I see she's joined us here tonight, so let me be one of the first to welcome Blingo Queen to TST!!! Check out their interviews and have a good chuckle. I'll add the other interviews tomorrow. I'll add the other interviews tomorrow if Blogger behaves - it's been very very bad tonight. Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Note: This thread is 5036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!