IGNORED

who wins the bridgestone?

bigfred31
Note: This thread is 5758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cink is a good bet. I'll go with Furyk.

I actually live about 30 minutes from Firestone and wen the last two years...can't make it this year. I'm pretty bummed.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

Cink is a really good bet. Kenny Perry has a shot, but Ill go with AK.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Jim Furyk is the first name that comes to mind this week and next week. He had a slow start to 2008 for his standards, but he is starting to find his game as of late. He could be a major factor this week and next week as well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger pretty much owns this tournament and course so I'll go with him. Oh wait, he's not playing?? when did that happen??...in that case I'll go with Anthony Kim or Kenny Perry. Can't argue with how they both have played this year.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I'm going to say Chez Reavie.

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

I think this is too big a test for Perry to win. He has been quite dominant on tour this year, but, this field is DEEEEEEP. I htink he's tapped out for competitive energy. AK, it could go either way. That bogey bogey finish last week could fire him up in a good way, I am however, betting on a not so good way. I really like the guy though.

I'm placing my money (literally) on Geoff Ogilvy.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Cink is a really good bet. Kenny Perry has a shot, but Ill go with AK.

I'll jump onboard with this , too.

AK has so much game and is displaying talent that is unreal. If he can get the putter hot at the same time his ballstriking is on then we'll see some unbelievable performance....like he did on the back nine last Saturday, I believe, for the 29. I'd watched him through the first 2 holes and was cringing...hating to see him drop out of contention like that. I had to leave and go out for a couple hours but came back in time to see the scores posted and could not believe his recovery.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Phill has practicing for the PGA every day for the past 2 weeks so I say this week he will shine.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

^^ Unfortunately for Phil, that has been his practice routine for every major for the past few years. Hard dedication for the 2 weeks prior. He has got a Masters out of it...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

It won't be Kim: he's had a great July, but I imagine he's a little drained after finishing strong in national opens on both sides of the Atlantic in consecutive weeks. He'll be using this weekend to get ready for Oakland Hills.

The winner will be an Aussie. Which one, I don't quite know yet.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm going with justin Leonard this year. He's a guy that seems to appear on the leaderboard when all the attention is on Phil and Garcia.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Well as I type this, looks like Goosen is in pretty good form. Nice weather for the guys today. I've got to get up that way one year and go watch the event. Beautiful course and one I have enjoyed seeing on tv going all the way back to the old CBS golf classic.

Question for the Ohio guys here.......is it possible to play the course? I'm guessing it's totally private with very little chance for the average Joe to get on.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Whoa! Here comes Stricker!!
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Question for the Ohio guys here.......is it possible to play the course? I'm guessing it's totally private with very little chance for the average Joe to get on.

Firestone is a private track. Luckily for me, my course and there are owned by the same company. I could play it if I were in town.

Anyone notice how few people in the gallery today? Come on, it was gorgeous out there, with the top pros in town. What's wrong with you Ohioans?!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm going to say Chez Reavie.

haha whaaat? sorry but that guy is like a 1 hit wonder.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 5758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!