IGNORED

Your Favorite Golf Movie

alexlax12
Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Caddyshack of course. Believe it or not I finally got it on DVD, as a gift for Christmas. Although I've seen it about a bazillion times.

I was skeptical at first but really quite enjoyed Bagger Vance. I found it inspirational in a way.

No one has mentioned The Caddy. I just saw it for the first time today. It's a Martin and Lewis film and has cameos by Ben Hogan and Sam Snead. You get a great shot of Hogan hitting a classic smashed 4 wood under trees. It's at the 10m57s mark in the movie. I haven't got the mark on Sam's shot yet. Other than that, it's just a great and funny movie. I just got into Martin and Lewis, they've got some great films.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Caddyshack
Greatest Game Ever PLayed

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Happy Gilmore

i love it

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

Tin Cup is up there. I think Cheech's character said it best...

Romeo Posar: "Look, boss, I only got one rule. And that's never bet money that you don't have on a dog race with an ex-girlfriend who happens to be a stripper."

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

• 7 years later...

PEZ SEZ:   Here is my list, with the first one being #1:

1. Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius - I love the scene where Hagen walks over the Jones after beating him and says, "You are a great golfer.  The next time we play a match, I will win again.  You play to compete.  I play to make money to pay my bills.  That is the difference between us. I HAVE to win." And after that, Hagen gave Jones a set of beautiful cufflinks in appreciation for playing with and against him.  That was good sportsmanship, but his remarks were excellent gamesmanship to plant a seed in Jones' head for future matches. The result:  in February of 1926, Hagen gave Jones the biggest whipping of his career, as The Haig won 12 and 11!

2.  Caddy Shack-----I never get tired of watching it.  An excellent cast and casting.  Bill Murray (hunting down the gopher), Chevy Chase ("I do not keep score"), Rodney Dangerfield,Ted Knight, and all the characters.

3. Happy Gilmore---of course.

4. Follow the Sun---not a great movie, but still worth watching, especially if you are a fan of Mr. Hogan

5. The Legend of Bagger Vance

6. Tin Cup (I could NOT follow my own instructions and stop at 5)

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

There are only about 5 good golf movies to begin with and you've already named them. (Only other good ones that I can think of that are Caddyshack 2, Dead Solid Perfect, and The Greatest Game Ever Played.) I'd put Tin Cup as #1 though.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The main reason that I started this Topic is that soon the law of averages will catch up to us in Central NY , and we will have winter. Tomorrow, we will set a new record high of 70!! When it does become frigid, I will kill time by watching movies that combine sports and comedy. "King Pin" has been recommended to me. Has anyone seen it? I love Bill Murray!

• mvmac changed the title to Your Favorite Golf Movie
On 12/23/2015 at 9:30 PM, PEZGolf said:

The main reason that I started this Topic is that soon the law of averages will catch up to us in Central NY , and we will have winter. Tomorrow, we will set a new record high of 70!! When it does become frigid, I will kill time by watching movies that combine sports and comedy. "King Pin" has been recommended to me. Has anyone seen it? I love Bill Murray!

Kingpin is hilarious. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I loved tin cup. of course caddy shack as well but this one took age.

I've seen recently the film called "seve" on ballesteros. not bad, it's different from the bagger vance and such.

Edited by bubble

31 minutes ago, bubble said:

I loved tin cup. of course caddy shack as well but this one took age.

I've seen recently the film called "seve" on ballesteros. not bad, it's different from the bagger vance and such.

Thanks--I did not know about "Seve". His life story is so interesting!

Caddyshack.  Nuff said.

"Follow the Sun" but I haven't seen it in years.

"Caddyshack II" may be one of the worst movies of all time any genre.

I like the opening song of "Tin Cup".  Movie was OK.

Edited by vangator

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

5 hours ago, vangator said:

Caddyshack.  Nuff said.

"Follow the Sun" but I haven't seen it in years.

"Caddyshack II" may be one of the worst movies of all time any genre.

I like the opening song of "Tin Cup".  Movie was OK.

I have heard that Caddyshack 2 really stinks so I have never watched it!

7 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

I have heard that Caddyshack 2 really stinks so I have never watched it!

I have tried to get through it a couple of times, thinking maybe the first time I was being too critical.  Couldn't do it.  Just that bad.

Now I know you're intrigued and will try to watch it! :-)  But it's like the scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" at the end of the movie when Ford and Allen are tied up and the Nazis are opening the Ark.  They have to keep their eyes closed or lightning will shoot through their eyes and kill them.  "Caddyshack II" is the same thing.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!